Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:08:29 08:08

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Author Topic: measuring the length of the hair follicle under the skin  (Read 11285 times)
mbyka

Thank You
-Given: 259
-Receive: 42

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2021, 05:38:44 05:38 »

thank you for your interest close.
i looked this abstract ,you know google
guys i did more searc at google beleive me i read all of them (i think i can say )
then i opened my topic here becaouse i saw  need a device service manuals for these kind devices how they work
and i am sure i need a dedector device  and a control card and a sodtware(or embedded system both together board and lcd  and software together will work)
but from where i should start ?

how can i build a device that will show on the lcd screen under skin hair lenght?

with any of this kind devices topolgy
(MR) magnetic resonance
ultrasound
lidar
xray
with a simple project with 18f47Q43 series pic mcu
with pic 16 bit mcu or 32 bit(with linux)
with rasperry pi and linux

or another system what it can be!!

with linux system can be OT and c++ or qt with phyton   i will buy some traning books and video tutorials to learn them

if you can find existing some device service mauals about that topolgy i will be so happy...."subcutaneous imaging devices"
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 05:40:46 05:40 by mbyka » Logged
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 655
-Receive: 900

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2021, 03:59:02 03:59 »

Seems some of you are reading what you want to hear vs what is written.

All of these papers use in vitro methods - NONE are in vivo, which is your goal, so I don't see where, from all of this, you get the idea you can make a measurement without ripping out hair samples from a person.

Nothing in any of these papers says it's been done (I can't access the medfinis website with the PDF, which is against Sonsivri rules in any case to post that way...why didn't you put the PDF on a file host vs having us walk into a tracking cookie trap?).
mbyka

Thank You

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2021, 07:37:58 19:37 »

i did,
ovid platform is interested to me...

Visible Body® Interactive 3D Anatomy and Physiology Modules
New edition of Human Anatomy Atlas...
 i changed my plan/idea to do my project with visible device for under skin showing phyton+qt or c++ and qt  after saw their New edition of Human Anatomy Atlas..
Poty

Thank You
-Given: 52
-Receive: 10

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2021, 03:20:59 03:20 »

Hello. Just a humble idea... please don laugh very hard.... What about resistivity? just a brainstorm... you have different surfaces from the tip of the hair to the root. With an extracted one, measure resistance from tip to root, and check sides too... worst result will be that you lost a little time testing a hair with it's root.

You can't have your cake and eat it too... except if you do.
mbyka

Thank You

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2021, 08:39:06 20:39 »

In fact, it is very important to get fast and accurate reliable results...
ron

Thank You
-Given: 12
-Receive: 15

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2023, 04:04:15 16:04 »

Here is how I would do it. (I have used this method to measure the area / size of punctures inside the human ear drum.
Under a bright light and for fair people you can see how deep the hair goes under the skin. Else you can pull one hair and measure.

Get a USB Microscope from Aliexpress I got one called the Andonstar.
Get the highest resolution CCD you can afford. I think I paid like 98$ for mine.
I also used a 8$ 5mm USB camera before this.
But Andonstar s/w has a measure function.
You calibrate at the zoom level your using. Then you can measure the hair. Length. (You take a pic). And the s/w does the measuring.
rtm

Thank You
-Given: 90
-Receive: 71

a.k.a. klug

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2023, 02:55:49 02:55 »

I remember this old interesting post, as I thought for a long time about a possible solution. I have found a new idea when reading this thread again now.

You can find a hair length under the skin quite precisely by this procedure:

1) You should give 2 pills with different chemical elements to a patient. Let's say, pill A (for example, with Cu) and pill B (for example, with Fe).
2) The patient should drink pill A. After N days, he should drink pill B. And after the next M days, he should visit you.
3) As hair is growing constantly, it will have two marks at the moment of visit: 1st with Cu and 2nd with Fe.

Imagine the hair with marks A and B, S - skin, P - papilla:

--hair----A--B---S----P

The distance L1 between marks A and B will give you the speed of hair growing: V=L1/N.
The distance from mark B to the skin is L2.
The length of hair under the skin will be L3=V*M-L2.

You can use any suitable spectrometer to find these marks, I do not think that it is difficult now.

These Fe and Cu are only examples here, you should find some other not-dangerous elements or a mix of elements for this method.

-------------------
Ah, I found a better idea right after finishing the previous text. Smiley

The patient is visiting you twice:
1st time you paint his hair near the skin (or can simply cut the hair near the skin) and give him to drink a pill.
2nd time, after a week or two, you can measure the distance between the painted border mark (or cut edge) and the pill mark - it will be the hair length under the skin.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...