Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:16:42 03:16

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: RF Modems  (Read 2759 times)
donno
« on: November 10, 2007, 01:13:00 01:13 »

Gooday folks,

Have been piecing together some idea's for  RF modems, basically the type you would use on remote sites to collect/send data.

Any knowledge base or other info available?

I guess the key is to keep it relatively simple, however distance between nodes must be around 1.5 to 2Kms or greater?

Will be using Microchip Flash device mpu's.

Cheers.
frasenci
Translator

Thank You
-Given: 142
-Receive: 84

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 09:14:15 09:14 »

Self made RF units will be tricky , I am not an Electronics men could not help.
We have tried out several US$ 5-12 RF kits ( Rx + Tx ) , but NEVER got good results ( probably lack of expertise on my side ,..... )

But I have succesfully made applications with Bluetooth units for PIC based, on Field Data Aquisition, systems. Very simple to put together , uses straigth Serial Out RS-232 transmision. This will put you in a 50 m range . ( We designed based on the fact that the operator had to visit the DAQ stations capturing accumulated data with a Bluetooth equiped Pocket Pc. ( IPAQ ).
These ones also succesfully used to establish an telemetry Downlink for RC Helicopter Models ( Sends Rotor RPM and Engine Temperature every 1 Seconds )
Bluetooth radios are very stable I have confirmed. Rc-Pilot monitoring his machine on flying field with an NoteBook.....

Look here
Code:
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/categories.php?cPath=16_115

No experience on these others but looks interesting , will put you in the 1000 m Range , also RS-232 based , should be also very simple to implement .

Look here
Code:
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/categories.php?cPath=16_113

Thre are manufacturers for more power equipment ( same principle ) , I used to have the links when I did my research , dont have them any more , you will have to google a little. ( This ones Industrial rade )

I remember I read also about using cheap Motorola Walkie-Talkie like radios to establish this type of RF links .

Finally , have a look at
Code:
www.parallax.com
, they used to offer an ( high priced ) modem unit....

Hope this helps.

Greetings

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...