The Godfather talking
This is god damn my place! Capisci?
Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:34:39 08:34

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: mikromedia+ STM32F407 development board  (Read 6956 times)
zac

Thank You
-Given: 81
-Receive: 57

« on: August 27, 2013, 03:59:58 15:59 »

I picked up one of their STM32F407 based boards:

http://www.mikroe.com/mikromedia/plus/stm32/

(1) The LCD has a peculiar flickering in areas that display a solid color.  It looks a bit like the scan lines on the old ntsc tv broadcasts.  The effect disappears when the area displays solid white.  Any ideas?  I found the same effect on 2 boards running their demo program.

(2) Has anyone used the keil ide/compiler with this board?  I'd like to use the keil ide and compiler instead of the mikro one, but don't know how much work it will be to port the GUI libraries over to keil.   Alternatively, is there a GUI library that works with keil that you would recommend?  I have the keil mdk-professional package with emwin, but haven't played with emwin yet.  

(3) This board has a SSD1963 display controller.  This variation uses the controller in the STM32F407:

http://www.mikroe.com/mikromedia/stm32-m4/

For implementing a typical touchscreen interface with no video or animations, what difference does having the external display controller make?  

Thanks!

Checksum8

Thank You
-Given: 123
-Receive: 100

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 04:53:16 16:53 »

I can't help you on the flickering problem. I can tell you that all their libraries are compiled and closed source, so no porting the Mikro Gui's. Maybe ST has an open source library? I know with pic micros, Mikro repackages the Microchip GUI libraries as their own.
zac

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 06:24:18 18:24 »

I can't help you on the flickering problem. I can tell you that all their libraries are compiled and closed source, so no porting the Mikro Gui's. Maybe ST has an open source library? I know with pic micros, Mikro repackages the Microchip GUI libraries as their own.

I contacted their tech support and the flickering seems to be a hardware issue.  They don't have a solution for it.  The battery charger is also buggy.  It usually won't charge the battery fully and sometimes not at all without power cycling it multiple times.  I'll probably go with keil MDK-ARM professional which includes their RTX rtos and emwin gui library (and gui editor program for windows).  I've used RTX before and it's small and efficient, but has a limited feature set.  Keil also includes libraries for a flash file system, tcp/ip, and usb drivers (including mass storage).  

ST is offering a free version of emwin for their cortex processors, but omits the gui editor

I'm trying to figure out an easy way to do firmware updates, either through the USB or by swapping SD cards. 

Ichan

Thank You
-Given: 312
-Receive: 392

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 04:18:56 16:18 »

I use STM32F4 Discovery expansion from Embest, many good samples on the package including LCD and Camera.

Would you please share the EMWIN?

-ichan

There is Gray, not only Black or White.
zac

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 04:37:51 16:37 »

I use STM32F4 Discovery expansion from Embest, many good samples on the package including LCD and Camera.

-ichan

I only have the emwin libraries that are park of the keil mdk-arm professional package.   I don't have source code, only the linkable libraries:

http://www.sonsivri.to/forum/index.php?topic=42435.0  

NXP and ST are offering free versions of emwin for their arm products:

http://www.sonsivri.to/forum/index.php?topic=53683.msg154501#msg154501
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 04:42:53 16:42 by zac » Logged
bobcat1

Thank You
-Given: 4135
-Receive: 89

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 10:45:57 10:45 »

-ichan

Ichan can you upload the code example for this board

Thanks

Bobi
Ichan

Thank You
-Given: 312
-Receive: 392

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 10:31:34 22:31 »

Ok, all docs and codes (~70MB).

-ichan

There is Gray, not only Black or White.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...