Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:36:28 18:36

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Offering help for SolidWorks  (Read 5397 times)
stoned49th

Thank You
-Given: 31
-Receive: 9

« on: January 11, 2011, 09:15:00 21:15 »

Hi folks,

if you need help with your CAD projects and your Software is SolidWorks (i currently use the 2011 version), let me know.
I've been using it for several years now, and I think I can help you out problems concerning SW, Routing, FlowWorks (done some crazy things in CFD, also I have a damn fast machine with 12GB RAM, so I can do large sims for you too!!!), Simulation (Mechanical) and so, and so on. I also can support you with export and fab. drawings, if you wish to get your stuff milled or get sheet metal parts lasered on a cnc with cnc bending etc.

I also have some (so don't expect too much) experience in SolidEdge, AutoCAD and Comsol Multiphysics.

Greez,
Stoney
sureshmkm

Thank You
-Given: 15
-Receive: 20

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 11:03:52 11:03 »

Hi Stoney,

I like to learn basic of SolidWorks. Can you please help me with some tips?

Thanks,
Suresh

stoned49th

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 12:07:14 12:07 »

Hi Suresh,

if you've never worked before with SW, you should try the included tutorials! Inside SW, just go to Help-> Second Point from the Top. They basicly explain most of the basic features, in an interactive way. When you start doing some parts or assemblys and get stuck, you can ask here =). I would love to do a video tutorial on the basic stuff, but my exams are killing me right now...

So long..
Stoney
bobcat1

Thank You
-Given: 4135
-Receive: 89

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 03:33:57 15:33 »

Hi

I have designed a 3d module  of a PCB & some components (assembly) in solidworks
Please, I would like to know how to make a DXF file with marked high's  from the 3D assembly

Thanks

Bobi
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 655
-Receive: 900

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 05:12:25 05:12 »

Thank you for the kind offer to us.  

Finding a copy of FlowWorks would be a good start to asking you a question, and an interesting thing to learn.  I'd like to play around with analyzing a soapbox derby car - if you have a suitable example using it, that might be useful if the s/w ever surfaces itself.

Do you know where a recent release of FW could be had for a "good" price"? Can't find it anywhere.

Hint: free is a good price.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 05:33:26 05:33 by solutions » Logged
stoned49th

Thank You

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 03:09:32 15:09 »

@bobcat1: I've never actually worked with CircuitWorks, since I'm using Altium and the ExportStep feature...but if you just want to create a drawing (which can then be saved as a dxf), you just need to open your part, then go to File->"Make "Drawing" from Part" (I'm using the german version, so it might be translated a bit differently...should be the second entry from the top...). In the drawing, the markers, annotations and so on work just like in the part (Use Smart Dimension to get the markups you want). You might want to have a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJSNiaVkirk. Illustrates this process.
I've done this several times for SheetMetal part, later used for laser cutting and welding. Worked quite well Wink

@solutions: Well, I actually found a Version: http://88.80.6.204/forum/index.php?topic=40757.0
Since 2010/2011, all the simulation stuff is now native in SW. Besides FW....but its included in the setup, and is intalled with SW if you choose to do so during the setup. I've also found a tutorial for u (perfect for your case, external flow, only one fluid, laminar type, etc.). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctBA_4rkhPo (for the part 1)

Hope this helps you guys...

IMPORTANT EDIT: Be sure to use the SSQ release, these guys do a nice job =)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 10:36:49 22:36 by stoned49th » Logged
LithiumOverdosE

Thank You
-Given: 374
-Receive: 568

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 09:57:30 21:57 »

@stoned49

Do you have experience with SW CFD? A few months back I tried simulating vortex flow in the cooling vortex tube. No joy, because no matter how I assembled parts to the assembly CFD module kept moaning and groaning about unclosed parts of the flow channel. OK, so I made parts 0.1mm bigger so in assembly they overlap physically (CFD help suggested such approach). Still no joy. Eventually I left it alone for the time being but if you have any ideas how to solve the problem it would be nice.  Wink
stoned49th

Thank You

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 10:02:27 22:02 »

Uhm, could you post a screenshot or something? Did you close both ends of the tube with "lids". FW tries to determine which part of the model is die inside of the part...so you have to close the inlet and outlet with lids. FW has a nice feature called "check geometry" in the FW-Menü. Again, screenshot or something would be nice to narrow the error down a bit Wink

Edit: There is also a feature for auto-adding these lids...FW->Tools->Create Lids, the Geometry Check is also in that menü Wink
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 10:05:29 22:05 by stoned49th » Logged
LithiumOverdosE

Thank You

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 11:21:07 23:21 »

Lids are already placed and defined. Will post screenshot as soon as I get to my other computer.
LithiumOverdosE

Thank You

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 11:43:20 11:43 »

Here you go. Three lids are defined, all parts are overlapping ~0.1 mm and no parts are "floating" (they are all in physical contact with each other and overlapping). The problem I think is that I have one input and two outputs. Although I have seen example video clips that are also dealing with one input and two outputs.
gtn

Thank You
-Given: 71
-Receive: 0

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 09:57:00 21:57 »

Dear Stoney,
I would like to draw a winding of a transformer (with all the wires vissible). I am able to this when the bobbin is round, but cannot find a solution for rectangle bobbins. Do you have any ideas.
Best wishes Georgi.
stoned49th

Thank You

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 02:13:54 14:13 »

@LithiumOverdosE

Hm, seems ok so far from the screenshot...which version do you run? I'm on 2012, so if u also use this version, you could attach the file and I'll have a look at it...maybe I can fix it, and I'll send it back to you =) (We need the same version, since SW is upwards- but not backwards compatible with its formats...kind a sucks)

@gtn

Jap, thats pretty easy. Done this myself for a transformator used in a tube amp (just for illustration purpose, but the core was a rectangle Wink ) . You first define the shape of your wire (well, guss its a circle) on a plane. Second step is to define a path for SW to extrude the circle in space, on a plane rectangular to the circle...bla bla...see attached file Wink (Hope u run 2012, if not get it here at sonsivri). Doing a real winding is quite simmiar, but you have to work with a helix, which is quite pain in the ass to get the parameters right...

so long,
Stoney
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 02:22:01 14:22 by stoned49th » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...