Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:11:07 07:11

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Software for drawing circuit schematics  (Read 7905 times)
picstart
« on: February 22, 2006, 12:44:47 00:44 »

Is there any good software for drawing schematics of PIC microcontroller circuits?
Thank you:)
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Thank You
-Given: 25
-Receive: 89

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 02:43:25 02:43 »

To be honest I don't fully understand your question. A schematics is simply schematics and it doesn't matter what tool you pick up. I use half to half Eagle and OrCAD and I think other tools offer simmilar comfort and functionality as well.

Black holes are where the God divided by zero...
Don't panic!
stevetwc

Thank You
-Given: 5
-Receive: 1

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 05:48:57 05:48 »

Maybe what picstart means is a software that has easy to use interface and with complete PIC family schematic models?
ponraj
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 07:02:34 07:02 »

May be you shall try any standard schematic editor like Protel, Orcad etc. These have ready to use PIC library models or else you shall build one

regards
ponraj
picstart
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 09:53:17 09:53 »

Sorry for the confusion. I've built a project based on PIC 16f877a and want to draw its schematic for distribution purpose. What would be th emost convenient tool for drawing the circuit diagram or in other words the tool should have PIC microcontroller in its component library.

Hope I made it clearer this time...my english isn't good enough.Sad
Thank you all !
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 09:55:53 09:55 by picstart » Logged
Wizpic
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 541
-Receive: 408

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 03:48:57 15:48 »

I Prefer The new altium designer 6, Yes it's lots of money to buy but there is a cracked version going around which works great Altium has got a very steep learning curve but once you master it, it's the best one you could ever want, Use the cracked version to learn then if you like it buy it;) Cheesy

some people may differ or disagree with what i have said but each to there own the only way to find out is get some demos and try Eagle layout is another good one and free too

wizpic

When you think, "I can't do anymore. I need a break," that is the time to challenge yourself to keep going another five minutes. Those who persevere for even an extra five minutes will win in life..
picstudent

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 3

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 07:30:08 19:30 »

i love proteus !! very flexible and quick to design,  prior to simmulation and pcb making all in one process

... rego ... who are are you really ?
goktug

Thank You
-Given: 6
-Receive: 23

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 08:42:12 20:42 »

orcad capture; schematics
mentor graphcs >>   power logic ; schematics ----- power pcb(pads); pcb layout
protel dxp (altium) schematiccs and pcb layout

you can try

orcad capture + pads
or
protel
olihalkon
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 01:01:24 01:01 »

If just a matter of drawing a schematic, OrCAD is lots of library that you can choose from and multiple range of components.  It's the matter of how you use the software.  There is a lot of features in OrCAD that you can explore.

Eagle is less complicated, and suitable for beginners.

For me all schematics softwares sre the same, it the matter of find the one that suits yuo best.
aslan_korhan

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 60

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 06:40:43 06:40 »

Splan 5.0 or 6.0
its a small program but its very usefull. Very easy to learn. Smiley
stevicad
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 08:42:08 20:42 »

Protel DXP

A professional solution for Sch, PCB, Sim, with included large base of components footprints, manufacturer datas for simulation etc.. It will take some time to get use to it, but the results are perfect. There are other popular softwares in this category, but not so complete solution like DXP, (i usually make a complete project with all documents, compress all in one ZIP archive, and attach to PDF document with text part of project, description etc.)

Smiley

somewhere

Thank You
-Receive: 4

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 09:08:01 21:08 »

Also Eagle has a lot of PIC's in it's library.
If you can't find a component, search the 3rd party library on Cadsofts homepage.

regards
somewhere
ppa88
 Muted

Thank You
-Given: 49
-Receive: 131

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 07:10:48 07:10 »

I prefer Protel 99SE SP6 since it is extremely easy to design new symbols (and also footprints).Altium Designer which is today's version of Protel is also a very good tool.
avralam

Thank You
-Given: 153
-Receive: 30

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2007, 07:58:40 19:58 »

Diptrace
 is easy learn and simple, but powerful. In this forum lot of topics about it.
I am using Sprint Layout 5 for pcb and Splan 6 for schematic. Not need any learning. After year working pause all simple and clear.
iphone

Thank You
-Given: 115
-Receive: 10

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2007, 06:15:15 18:15 »

Diptrace
 is easy learn and simple, but powerful. In this forum lot of topics about it.
I am using Sprint Layout 5 for pcb and Splan 6 for schematic. Not need any learning. After year working pause all simple and clear.

How about compare to eagle ?  ... To me (I'm not try yet), the best thing about Diptrace is autoplacing & can make a single side board together with jumper (automaticaly). That's what the outher said.
pl4tonas

Thank You
-Given: 318
-Receive: 195

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2007, 06:40:54 06:40 »

I used to use Protel DXP and now Altium Designer (the newer version of Protel).  Iam very happy with it since I know how to handle it.

For general purpose designs you can use Eagle which has a good library and it is very small in size compared to Altium or Orcad.

The mater is, which one suits your personal needs and makes it easyer for you to learn.  Also since you want to publish your schematic, find one that can export the schematic in a universal format that everyone can read, like BMP or GIF.
patoun49

Thank You
-Given: 140
-Receive: 3

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2007, 06:52:39 06:52 »

Hello;

See also a free software:

Good day.

http://www.lis.inpg.fr/realise_au_lis/kicad/

avralam

Thank You
-Given: 153
-Receive: 30

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2007, 08:37:18 08:37 »

How about compare to eagle ?  ... To me (I'm not try yet), the best thing about Diptrace is autoplacing & can make a single side board together with jumper (automaticaly). That's what the outher said.
Iphone!
Diptrace has simple user iterface. You can use it without any keyboard combination and all objects are moveable and ´live`.
But I think that autoplacer-router working strange. Jumper placement is arbitrary and  stupid,  not make normal PCB... My opinion is that all autorouters work careless.
Cannot make attractive boards. Can make boards only for sale.
I think that Kicad still not normal working. Possibly in future...
eLAB

Thank You
-Receive: 4

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 09:19:29 09:19 »

Hi to all,

at my opinion Diptrace is Eagle like software, but improved....it`s better. In PCB You can change shapes, diameters, do what You want....even just for single pin.
Also, if You need commercial software for PCB designing, You can choose licenses which is most appropriate
to Your needs...also Diptrace had mailing list on Yahoo groups, so You can ask what You want directly even if You use trial version Wink

Best regards,
Dejan.
FriskyFerret

Thank You
-Given: 513
-Receive: 360

Put it in, take it out.

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 11:27:27 23:27 »

My opinion is that all autorouters work careless.

Incorrect. SPECCTRA and the PADS routers are real autorouters and will, if properly configured, produce a board almost as good as if it were done by hand in a small fraction of the time. It's just that most hobbyists don't have the time or patience to learn how to set them up. There are very few places to learn except from another experienced professional user.

There are a set of video tutorials but they are not distributed through the warez channels and cost several thousand dollars US.

Dancing pants and leotards, that's what I'm talkin' about!
etgpsp
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2007, 01:36:29 13:36 »

I have finished a digital power supply by using PIC16f877a recently.i used protel99se for schematic drawing and also for pcb design.it is very good and user friendly.if you would like to use other software like DXP or altium ;it is better start with protel99se and then you can learn other softwares easily.
simyaci

Thank You
-Given: 224
-Receive: 31

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2007, 06:30:17 06:30 »

Eagle due to this .Small and middle will treat appropriate if you are doing. because circuits pcb influences yi and the ulp quality is much appropriate to the work
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...