Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:01:09 23:01

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PICC v9.50PL1 update  (Read 7576 times)
gstr
« on: February 05, 2006, 06:18:14 06:18 »

The following issues have been identified with PICC v9.50PL1.
  • Cromwell Crash - may crash when debugging information is turned on, the -o option is used to output object files into a directory other than where the source code resides and the current directory when the compiler is run is set to something other than the directory of the source files.
  • Libraries - A bank selection instruction is missing in some of the lower-level library routines. This can cause incorrect results to be returned and possible corruption of data in other banks. This issue will only occur on mid-range processors that have four banks of RAM and on C code that calls these low-level routines (ie, ldiv) after just having accessed an object that required setting RP1 in the status register.
  • Assembler optimization - In an unusual case of two if statements inside of a loop (for/while) where one if statement tests an object in bank0 and the other an object in bank1 and there is very little other code, a bank select instruction may be incorrectly removed.
  • SFR definitions - When compiling for a 17 series processor (17Cxxx), multiple or missing definitions of TBLPTR/PCL may occur.
  • String Packing - The compiler may attempt a string packing optimization on mid-range processors that don't support reading from flash memory.
  • OSCCAL value - On mid-range processors that have an osccillator value pre-programmed (eg: 12F675) the runtime start-up code may incorrectly call the wrong location when trying to obtain the configuration value. The returned value was also being stored incorrectly into the SFR.
  • Custom powerup - Custom powerup routines were not getting linked correctly.
  • Timeout/Powerdown bits - The timeout/powerdown status bit were getting corrupted before being saved.
OSX Only
  • Invalid HEX file - Under Mac OSX when a hex file is processed by hexmate it may be corrupted.
The above issues can be corrected by downloading the following:
PICC v9.50PL1 service update for Windows (2.8MB)

PICC v9.50PL1 service update for Linux - Contact [email protected]

PICC v9.50PL1 service update for Mac OSX - Contact [email protected]

PICC v9.50PL1 service update for SUN Solaris - Contact [email protected]
[/list]
The download is a ZIP file which contains directories. Unzip with directories into the compiler's installation directory.
This update is suitable for v9.50PL1 only. If you are using v9.50, please update to v9.50PL1 before applying this update.

Updated 20th December 2005

PS: The upgrade information quoted from HI-TECH's forum.
Besides the update on the updates page of HI-TECH
http://www.htsoft.com/downloads/updates.php

PICC v9.50 PL2 seems released. What about this one?

« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 06:23:31 06:23 by gstr » Logged
gstr
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 02:52:17 14:52 »

Hey,

PICC v9.50 PL0 and PL1 had been released in our forum past. I have tested PL1 with a simple led flashing example which i attached the design example with my posting. (I have used MPLAB v7.30 (currenty latest version) and Proteus v6.7 SP3 for simulation.)

First i set up the PL1 and requested demo license and tuned it with MPLAB.
Then i have compiled the simple project with PICC properly. Afterwards i set my computers date to next year i compiled again, bingo it worked again. There is a readme file in the PL1 packege it notes that: "On the

message on date of cessation of work of the compiler of attention to not pay." So my little work confirmed that PL1 seems work fine.

But i still have some doubts about this compiler because HI-TECH noted that
"The demos typically have some deliberate limitations compared to the full versions. Also, the demos are time-limited and will expire within approximately 28 days after installation."

So our file seems patched demo version and i dont have an idea that it have limitations. Can you say anything related with this topic? I didnt see any      demo vs. full compare documents on HI-TECH's page.

There are two choices, first we have to purchase the compiler to see the difference which is quite unrealistic because of its high prize. The other one is we have to stress the compiler to see its limits. We have to test its capabilities with many applications to see if its working %100 proper as full version.
pak

Thank You
-Given: 5
-Receive: 17

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 06:37:49 06:37 »

Hi gstr,
        I have tested PICC v9.50 PL1 and got the following messages:
Advisory[1209]   : An old MPLAB tool suite plug-in was detected. Some options may not work correctly
Advisory[1210]   : Visit www.htsoft.com or contact [email protected] for an update
But, it works fine for me.
But, after updating this files "PICC v9.50PL1 service update for Windows (2.8MB)" I have "expiry of compiler" message. Do you have any idea for that?

pak
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...