Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:33:31 23:33

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: question about optocouplers  (Read 3069 times)
picstudent

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 3

« on: February 02, 2006, 06:14:59 18:14 »

hi ...

hi have a dummy problem!!!
Sad
i need to send a single pulse of  8 , 10 , 25 , ... ms to a power stage, and i need to use an optocoupler,,,

Can you share any good circuit to connect it without the problem of opto's   threshold voltager that cuts the outcomming signal and produce less time __----__

thanks...  :eek:

... rego ... who are are you really ?
max

Thank You
-Given: 1598
-Receive: 52

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 08:38:50 20:38 »

what type of power stage?
how much voltage the opto need to control?
normal optos can work  max at 70v.

Fate arrived and made the conscious unconscious It silenced the activity of life.
Faros

Thank You
-Given: 141
-Receive: 178

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 12:40:38 00:40 »

Hi pic student,

I have some experience in most of electronic fields, I love to help you all as you all have helped me, it is nice posting a technical electronic problem but to be able to share ideas here we need to frame the problem more specifically than that, I have some questions and by answering them, I promise I will help you to have a complete working circuit model simulated on proteus, of course if you use proteus, here it is:

1- You said “send single pulse”; did you mean sending over distance or just invoke it using a pulse generator chip or circuit?

2- When you said “8 , 10 , 25 , ... ms”; did you mean once or this is a way of expressing duty cycle?

3- When you said “optocoupler”; did you mean optocoupler chip or gap distant coupling or ..?

4 - When you said “power stage”, I couldn’t understand the type of power you are talking about, is it a high voltage, high current, power to drive inductive loads …?

Anyhow, answer those and I will with anticipation supply the appropriate article for your subject, Help me to help you … I am currently working in a project that may be similar, we can exchange ideas.
picstudent

Thank You

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 12:11:44 12:11 »

Hello MR FAROS ÂŞÂŞ
Ok, let me tell you my very simple project...

first:  the microcontroller part
" I need to set with 2 buttons the duration of a single pulse that is used to take radiographs, i mean, i need to irradiate = put the Xray tube on and off %  8 ms, 12 ms, 20ms, .... , 3s, .... no problem ... lookupl ,etc etc..."

second:  the "power stage"
a cause of the "quick single pulse" i dont think to use contactors to make "fire" on the HV stage of the XRAY tubes.
Some Friends recommended me to use SEMIPAKs, but i'm not an experienced power electronics tecnician  ÂŞÂŞÂŞ

i think i must use an optocoupler before the SSR or SEMIPAK Âżdatasheets? to isolate the little micro "boy" , ...

Best regards,
Someone help me with the xray tube stage ... how to activate it with my single pulses, with no time losses ...

picstudent

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 12:22:18 12:22 »

and one free aditional question.

I know that there are some xray sensitive paper that is used on RX operators...
If this paper receives radiations, it brights, if no radiation ... tha paper remains obscure...

My question ....  how to sense this bright to sense the time of radiations of the equipments Âż?

what i need ...  a ldr?  another soluetion +?
thanks ...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...