The Godfather talking
Share your stuff or I will make you regret it.
Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 07:09:42 19:09

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Another CCS-C GLCD library  (Read 5068 times)
cycler

Thank You
-Given: 51
-Receive: 40

« on: February 12, 2020, 04:31:06 16:31 »

Hi all!

This is my first post and I wanted it to be one that contributes something of my own.
It is a modified version of the GLCD library provided by the CCS C compiler, and tested with the PCM variant of it, latest version (licenced at work).

This library mainly brings a system to add another language to glcd_text57 function. Only letters have been added in order to keep size small. So a mode variable has been added to print with two character sets by the same function. I have added Greek but I don't see why Cyrillic or something else cannot be used. Since a lot of Greek characters need to be accented, there is a way for that and it does not use memory for all accented chars, only for the different accents. And those are placed in the position of unused Latin characters and mostly on the same keys that are on the Greek keyboard layout. This way it is easier to code your multilingual graphics application.

There are other changes too, the most useful is the ability to use inverse color in some functions, so you can print a bar with inverse color over a text and make the "selected" effect. I will be posting in a later time my Menu system that uses this feature, along with other addons for this library.

Another thing is the ability to choose with a #define if the display at hand has Chip select active high, or low, as they are both variants out there. NT7108 I am looking at you!

Also note that on the last two functions, that do the communication with the display, I have tried to make it faster and if you work at 8 Mhz as me when I was doing that project, it will probably work. If not, change the delay_cycles accordingly or revert back to delay_us witch are commented out.

I will probably post another character printing system for larger fonts witch I made to utilize the very nice tool "the dot factory": http://www.eran.io/the-dot-factory-an-lcd-font-and-image-generator/
It is not very polished so I will leave it for later. Now I am working on a project witch needs a complex menu, so I am refreshing my menu system. I will post it next, when it is finished.

Have fun,
Theodore.

Edit: my real name was on the remarks of the attached file. I re-uploaded.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 08:16:06 08:16 by cycler » Logged
patchjack

Thank You
-Given: 6
-Receive: 45

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 06:47:17 06:47 »

Hi all!

This is my first post and I wanted it to be one that contributes something of my own.
It is a modified version of the GLCD library provided by the CCS C compiler, and tested with the PCM variant of it, latest version (licenced at work).

Thank you for sharing.

This library mainly brings a system to add another language to glcd_text57 function. Only letters have been added in order to keep size small. So a mode variable has been added to print with two character sets by the same function. I have added Greek but I don't see why Cyrillic or something else cannot be used. Since a lot of Greek characters need to be accented, there is a way for that and it does not use memory for all accented chars, only for the different accents. And those are placed in the position of unused Latin characters and mostly on the same keys that are on the Greek keyboard layout. This way it is easier to code your multilingual graphics application.

There are other changes too, the most useful is the ability to use inverse color in some functions, so you can print a bar with inverse color over a text and make the "selected" effect. I will be posting in a later time my Menu system that uses this feature, along with other addons for this library.

Another thing is the ability to choose with a #define if the display at hand has Chip select active high, or low, as they are both variants out there. NT7108 I am looking at you!

Also note that on the last two functions, that do the communication with the display, I have tried to make it faster and if you work at 8 Mhz as me when I was doing that project, it will probably work. If not, change the delay_cycles accordingly or revert back to delay_us witch are commented out.

I will probably post another character printing system for larger fonts witch I made to utilize the very nice tool "the dot factory": http://www.eran.io/the-dot-factory-an-lcd-font-and-image-generator/
It is not very polished so I will leave it for later. Now I am working on a project witch needs a complex menu, so I am refreshing my menu system. I will post it next, when it is finished.

Have fun,
Theodore.

Edit: my real name was on the remarks of the attached file. I re-uploaded.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...