Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:24:29 15:24

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Print
Author Topic: Adjustable DC Regulated Power Supply (0 - 30 V 2 mA - 3 A)With Digital Control  (Read 17381 times)
sadman

Thank You
-Given: 1739
-Receive: 2589

Sow The Seeds of Love

« on: March 11, 2019, 11:17:03 11:17 »

Hi

Although it is very famous design from electronics lab but recently Elektor launch it as kit, original design have some bug in it which was optimized by Audioguru at eevblog in this attachment i have added the schematic optimized by Audioguru and Elektor kit PDF document bonus added digital control of this power supply by a Russian forum and 10A version by the same forum. i like the digital control part of this power supply.

Regards
sadman

« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 11:19:31 11:19 by sadman » Logged
sadman

Thank You

Sow The Seeds of Love

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 05:52:43 17:52 »

Elektor is selling same kit from banggood which is also have same bug as banggood and electronics lab circuit Audioguru modified the circuit which is much better and work as expected he did a great job complete discussion is here.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/bangood-psu-enhancements/
Wizpic
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 539
-Receive: 408

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 12:34:33 00:34 »

I built this PSU some years ago, Based on the same design as the links you posted. I did have some problems with it, If you read pages and pages over on the electronics lab forum, One topic is 94 pages long.

In my opinion the design is not very good or reliable, I found that it worked but after some testing I found that the current limit side did not work if I remember correctly, I was not really happy with it so I stopped using it and threw it in the bin in the end even tough I paid little extra for the TLE2141 op-amps and carried out all the mod's but still no joy.

Sorry don't mean to be negative, Good share for people who want to build it on a budget and some people may disagree with me. From reading through most of the comments there is lots of people having issues  and Audioguru has answered everyone or someone tries to change the design.

Makes you wonder if the Elektor are selling that supply with the TLE2141 op-amps with that kit as it only cost 11 euro's ?

Those op-amps cost me round about £6 GBP for the 3.
The digital readout looks ok, But I would rather build my own using a 16bit ADC with a TFT display or a GLD with bigger fonts .
One of the best power supplies I've built was based on the veleman K7200 which they discontinued  Sad

Well that's my 2 pennies worth  
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 12:37:33 00:37 by Wizpic » Logged

When you think, "I can't do anymore. I need a break," that is the time to challenge yourself to keep going another five minutes. Those who persevere for even an extra five minutes will win in life..
sadman

Thank You

Sow The Seeds of Love

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 04:22:43 04:22 »

I built this PSU some years ago, Based on the same design as the links you posted. I did have some problems with it, If you read pages and pages over on the electronics lab forum, One topic is 94 pages long.

In my opinion the design is not very good or reliable, I found that it worked but after some testing I found that the current limit side did not work if I remember correctly, I was not really happy with it so I stopped using it and threw it in the bin in the end even tough I paid little extra for the TLE2141 op-amps and carried out all the mod's but still no joy.

Sorry don't mean to be negative, Good share for people who want to build it on a budget and some people may disagree with me. From reading through most of the comments there is lots of people having issues  and Audioguru has answered everyone or someone tries to change the design.

Makes you wonder if the Elektor are selling that supply with the TLE2141 op-amps with that kit as it only cost 11 euro's ?

Those op-amps cost me round about £6 GBP for the 3.
The digital readout looks ok, But I would rather build my own using a 16bit ADC with a TFT display or a GLD with bigger fonts .
One of the best power supplies I've built was based on the veleman K7200 which they discontinued  Sad

Well that's my 2 pennies worth  

Hi Wizpic

I will never take your comment as negative as comments always open up new possibilities and ideas I have the whole design and build instruction of K7200 power supply based on LM723 using two pair one for current control and one for voltage.

I build that for 2 Amp current only as for hobby level you never need current over 2 amp personally I like mix mode power supply switching regulator for pre regulation and linear regulator for output Which will allow good control of heat dissipation (made that supply using LM2596 and LM338) with CC , CV function if member interested I will share K7200 build info here.

sadman
Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 230
-Receive: 959

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 03:56:00 15:56 »

Hi Wizpic

I will never take your comment as negative as comments always open up new possibilities and ideas I have the whole design and build instruction of K7200 power supply based on LM723 using two pair one for current control and one for voltage.
I think most of the newer K2700 projects are based on info from this book(link included not my own but checked out) But by all means start a new thread for a K2700 project

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
Wizpic
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 539
-Receive: 408

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 04:59:45 16:59 »

I think most of the newer K2700 projects are based on info from this book(link included not my own but checked out) But by all means start a new thread for a K2700 project
There is someone selling the bare PCB on e-bay and funny enough it’s my drawings and the one on 320v.com, years ago I copied and laid out the pcb for it,the one on 320volt.com is my case drawing too I know it’s mine because it’s got smart designs on pcb lol, it’s a good power supply

When you think, "I can't do anymore. I need a break," that is the time to challenge yourself to keep going another five minutes. Those who persevere for even an extra five minutes will win in life..
max

Thank You
-Given: 1595
-Receive: 52

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 09:32:16 21:32 »

Hi sadman

there is a relay control block diagram to select the secondary winding of the transformer,
do you have the sch for this block?

Regards

Fate arrived and made the conscious unconscious It silenced the activity of life.
thunderer

Thank You
-Given: 19
-Receive: 69

I try to be patient

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 12:11:22 00:11 »

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but the russian "addition" does not do any Digital Control.

The so called "Digital Control" only reads the voltage and the current, displays it on a 16x2 LCD and probably (I cannot tell only by looking at the russian schematic) cuts the output if overload occurs.

There are options to do digitally controlled power supplies by implementing a DC/DC (like my PSU based on TL494 and 12 bit DACs), but also linear options may be implemented with digipots (careful on the max current that can pass through the digipot).

Interested and hopefully helpful in: DC brushed motor control (mainly R/C - PPM/PWM), analog audio, PIC (mikrobasic PRO). Feel free to ask, and if I can, I will help. But only on forum topics, any started private conversation will continue in a public topic.
pic_maniac
 Warned

Thank You
-Given: 261
-Receive: 66

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 07:08:52 19:08 »

I think it is not worth trying to do any digital control, because PID control is needed. But even so, the loop through the MCU takes time to regulate the output.

There are cheap alternatives in Banggood now that work very well, with lots of current and wide range of voltage output.

See here: https://www.banggood.com/RUIDENG-DPS5020-Constant-Voltage-Current-Step-Down-Communication-Digital-Power-Supply-Module-p-1181200.html?rmmds=detail-left-hotproducts__6&ID=514816&cur_warehouse=CN

pic_maniac
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 07:14:31 19:14 by pic_maniac » Logged
Old_but_Alive

Thank You
-Given: 699
-Receive: 118

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 07:44:40 07:44 »

I have 3 of these, and I recommend them.

https://www.banggood.com/DP50V5A-Buck-Adjustable-DC-Power-Supply-Module-With-Integrated-Voltmeter-Ammeter-Color-Display-p-1050061.html?currency=USD&utm_source=rtbhouse&utm_medium=cpc_brand&utm_content=all&utm_campaign=rtb-electronics-all-en&cur_warehouse=CN

there are several versions, lower cost for the 30V, 3A version.

Bluetooth and serial interfaces work.

One of the DP50V5, I use a boost converter to up 12V to 50V.

https://www.banggood.com/DC-DC-8_5-48V-To-10-50V-10A-250W-Continuous-Adjustable-High-Power-Boost-Power-Module-Step-Up-Board-p-1248941.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

It works fine

I fought Ohm's Law ...  and the law won
I only use Mosfets because I have a Bipolar mental disorder :-)
Magnox

Thank You
-Given: 976
-Receive: 279

Oink!

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2019, 12:00:04 12:00 »

I've just ordered one of those after reading lots of opinions on them, a DPS5005. Should arrive next week. Now I'm deciding whether to power it from a linear PSU built around a 160W torroid I have lying around, or buy a 48V SMPS. I'm trying not to spend more than absolutely necessary though so I'll probably go for the linear since I have all the parts needed.

That boost converter is a good idea though... I have plenty of high current 12V PSUs... another option!
sadman

Thank You

Sow The Seeds of Love

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2019, 10:30:29 10:30 »

an update to the schematic
bobcat1

Thank You
-Given: 4135
-Receive: 89

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2019, 03:15:22 15:15 »

I don't think I will build something like this:
As the design is old ,full linear ,inefficient ,need tow power source ....
Today bench-top power supply designed as switching + tracking(LDO follow the switcher) in order to get low noise and high efficiency with computer control (digital control) and LCD (TFT) screen who can measure the resistance of the lead wire(cable) in order to compensate the loss, with far less weight in compare to linear unit due to the lake of heavy linear transformer

But whether you are looking for simple design Wurth Electronic has an evaluation board with schematic name : DNS002 MagI3C Power Supply
who can provide 0~15V and 0~2.5A from any switching 7~36V PSU the design is simple and can work with almost any switching regulator who provide [email protected] (test it with simulation) and no need for a heavy linear transformer.

https://www.we-online.com/web/en/electronic_components/news_pbs/News_Detail_Standard_Parts_111618.php

All the best

Bobi

pic_maniac
 Warned

Thank You

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2019, 08:42:29 20:42 »

Things have changed and building a linear PS is too much power wasted as heat. Though, I have not found a good design with tracking LDO.

There are plenty PCBs ready made SMPS with a lot of ampere capacity and digital control in the usual Chinese sites if one wants an almost ready made solution.
zac

Thank You
-Given: 81
-Receive: 57

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2019, 11:04:56 23:04 »

Things have changed and building a linear PS is too much power wasted as heat. Though, I have not found a good design with tracking LDO.

There are plenty PCBs ready made SMPS with a lot of ampere capacity and digital control in the usual Chinese sites if one wants an almost ready made solution.

Keep in mind switching power supplies tend to be noisy (electrically) so may not be ideal for some applications such as those dealing with very small voltages.
pic_maniac
 Warned

Thank You

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2019, 08:36:32 08:36 »

That is why (in good designs) they are followed by a tracking LDO.
sadman

Thank You

Sow The Seeds of Love

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2019, 07:01:14 19:01 »

I will share a good design with tracking LDO
zac

Thank You
-Given: 81
-Receive: 57

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2019, 02:48:24 02:48 »

Are there any lab power supplies that have a switching topology with an LDO or other method of reducing noise on the output?  

I've been using these old HP linear variable power supplies that are rated at 0.35 mV (rms) ripple/noise.  I wish I could finish a switching version with noise characteristics that are within an order of magnitude of that.  

https://www.keysight.com/us/en/products/dc-power-supplies/bench-power-supplies/e3630-series-bench-power-supply-80-200w.html

Some switching models such as this one claim 0.5 mV (rms) noise/ripple, but that seems hard to believe:

https://www.amazon.com/Variable-Precision-Adjustable-Regulated-Alligator/dp/B077GVMP5X
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 02:57:32 02:57 by zac » Logged
sadman

Thank You

Sow The Seeds of Love

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2019, 01:49:34 13:49 »

here is design with LDO and tracking
bobcat1

Thank You
-Given: 4135
-Receive: 89

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2019, 03:43:44 15:43 »

here is design with LDO and tracking

One limit this power supply output limited to less then 20V

All the best

Bobi
sadman

Thank You

Sow The Seeds of Love

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2019, 05:40:52 17:40 »

One limit this power supply output limited to less then 20V

All the best

Bobi

share design is for reference it can be easily modified up-to 30 volts in those days i am working on good LAB power supply with CC/CV mode and microcontroller controlled

sadman
pic_maniac
 Warned

Thank You

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2019, 10:34:47 10:34 »

The point of sadman was to show how to use tracking regulator. The rest is up to the experienced designer.
manglam

Thank You
-Given: 9
-Receive: 9

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2020, 10:41:40 10:41 »

if u have a password for zip file sir.
Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 230
-Receive: 959

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2020, 10:54:50 10:54 »

if u have a password for zip file sir.
For you and all the new members. An universal way to unlock files in this forum. Is the forum name in lower case. The name only, not the full internet adress

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
manglam

Thank You
-Given: 9
-Receive: 9

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2020, 12:04:59 12:04 »

another adjustable regulated psu circuit link.

if help full plz give me a thank you.

Posted on: April 11, 2020, 11:55:23 11:55 - Automerged

For you and all the new members. An universal way to unlock files in this forum. Is the forum name in lower case. The name only, not the full internet adress

sir i can't understand how to unlock password protected zip file
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...