Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:37:16 16:37

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: CE certification for electronic product  (Read 6008 times)
Tom1234

Thank You
-Given: 13
-Receive: 3

« on: October 30, 2018, 12:45:16 12:45 »

I have a GPS tracking project which i plan to put it to the market (Europe).
What certification is needed to apply to this project?
Also how to apply these certification.

I know that the "ce cerification" is needed.
I have little confuse if this certification can be achieved by any external organization or if i can certify internal my product   
What other (if any) certificates are needed?

Manuel

Thank You
-Given: 644
-Receive: 177

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 03:39:52 15:39 »

You have to certify in an accredited LAB 1st of all.

You have to follow up even further CE marking requests to grant CE life in EU, such as testing products, maintain registers of testing and serial numbers too...etc etc...

take care,
Xo!

-> An Apple a Day does not Let U become a Macintosh!
OscarH

Thank You
-Given: 149
-Receive: 13

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 06:23:04 18:23 »

Tom1234,
You also need to insure your product is RoHS compliant (stands for Restriction of Hazardous Substances) otherwise it cannot be imported in Europe.
OH

All mushrooms are edible. At least once...
enzine

Thank You
-Given: 643
-Receive: 57

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 09:19:54 21:19 »

From EU official site:

1)Identify the EU requirements for your product. ...
2)Check whether your product meets the specific requirements. ...
3)Check whether your product must be tested by a Notified Body. ...
4)Test your product. ...
5)Compile the technical dossier. ...
6)Affix the CE marking and draft a declaration of conformity.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/product/ce-mark/index_en.htm

https://ec.europa.eu/growth/single-market/ce-marking/manufacturers_en

For GPS receiver:

EN 60950:2006              Safety Requirements
EN 301 489:2017           EMC    Requirements
EN 303 413:2017           Radio Equipment Requirements
EN 50581:2012              Manufactoring Requirements (RoHS2)

Bye
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 09:40:45 21:40 by enzine » Logged
vern
V.I.P

Thank You
-Given: 7
-Receive: 41

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 11:15:50 23:15 »

Tom,
you need to be more specific with your product description.
Does it emit RF for example (Bluetooth, WLAN) or is it just a GPS receiver without RF connections?
Do you integrate components / modules  that are already CE certified?
In general you can declare that your product is CE and put the label on it, but you have to be sure that it complies with all the regulations.
Some products need to be tested by a certified body, but without a description of your product it's hard to tell.
Tom1234

Thank You

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 10:01:40 10:01 »

Is a gps receiver and GPRS transmitter
All the Integrated components/module are covered by CE certification
Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 230
-Receive: 959

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 10:36:47 10:36 »

Is a gps receiver and GPRS transmitter
All the Integrated components/module are covered by CE certification

Always when putting different components together in a new "system" (read contraption) the system has to be verifeid for complience by it self. Regardless of the internal components CE certification or not. The endpoint for you will be a CE Declaration of conformity. This document shall be public. Since you have a GPRS transmitter in your system I guess this will be the part that is of most concern. As said before CE Declaration of conformity shall be public. Try this Goggle search
https://www.google.com/search?&q=GPRS+Declaration+of+conformity+CE
It will be a good guide for you regarding what Standards and directives that need to be considered and/or applied

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
Tom1234

Thank You

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 02:46:30 14:46 »

Anyone can suggest a good and CHEAP lab for these certificates?
vern
V.I.P

Thank You
-Given: 7
-Receive: 41

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 11:04:50 23:04 »

TOM
If you use CE certified components and you don't make any changes to the component (like using a different antenna or mounting a GPRS module on a board with traces to the Antenna connector etc.) you can declare CE conformity by yourself. No certified Lab needed.
You don't get a CE sign from someone, you declare that your product is compliant. That's different than a FCC or IC sign.
But you have to be sure you comply with all the EMC and safety regulations, otherwise you can be fined. So it's good to make some EMC measurements and have some papers about it. No need to publish the papers, but in your declaration of CE conformity you must state where those papers are stored.
A GPRS radio makes it a little more complicated, as I said before it depends if you made any changes that could have influenced the RF properties of the radio.
If you just connect it to power and attach the designated antenna, then you'r fine.
Lab suggestion: there is no cheap lab, they are all very expensive and mostly booked out for a long time.
Which country do you want to have it tested? You can send your device to Taiwan or China, if you don't mind the cost and transportation delay (and the language problems)

Codeman

Thank You
-Given: 31
-Receive: 20

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 11:53:02 23:53 »

If you go to a Lab prepare yourself with 3K+ Euro minimum. And if some of the tests fail prepare another 3K...
It is not required by law that you go to a Lab. You can do self certification and issue the certificate signed by you.

You need to prepare a so called "Technical File" . This technical file is a compilation of your schematics, PCB design and mechanical drawings if any. Also you must describe the design rules that you apply to make sure the design follow the good practices of EMC.
Then you must buy a cheap Spectrum Analyzer (Rigol or similar) and a couple of Near Field probes that you can buy online for 150 to 200 Eur. Connect the probes to the spectrum analyzer and observe the radiated emissions.  Compare with the standard's (EN directives) limits. You have also to test the conductive emissions, if your device is connected to the mains.
Next you must test RF immunity: Buy a RF broadband generator with at least +20dbm power, and connect the Near Field probes to it. Move the probes around you circuit and see if it fails.
Another way is use several radio emitter's  a CB Radio (27MHZ), amateur Radio (144MHZ) and hit the transmit button near your device. This transmitters have several watts of power and can be used to test immunity to several frequencies (harmonics also help here). Use your mobile for the higher frequencies.
Go to your local supermarket and buy a lighter (the one that are used to light gas ovens). This devices emit a very large electric spike that you can use to test static electricity immunity.

AFAIK, no one can request your technical files except the authorities. And normally they don't bother you if you device does not produces interference. But if you bother the competition they can report you just to make you prove your designs, but I never seen this happen on my country.

Google for "CE pre-compliance". You will find lots of interesting things.

Best of luck  Wink

Tom1234

Thank You

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 09:14:20 09:14 »

What is the difference between the Ce certification and e-mark certification?

A gps tracking is need to pass e-mark ?
wild

Thank You
-Given: 583
-Receive: 451

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2018, 09:36:55 09:36 »

http://bfy.tw/Kwr4

2nd hit: https://www.emcbayswater.com.au/blog/emc-testing/e-mark-e-mark-testing-en-50498-testing/
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...