Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:34:14 19:34

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ESP32 WiFi and Bluetooth Issues  (Read 5734 times)
pbraida

Thank You
-Given: 162
-Receive: 2

« on: May 18, 2018, 11:49:53 11:49 »

Hello all.

Anyone has experience with this chip?

I have problems using WiFi and Bluetooth at the same time.
I know the WiFi and BT use the same antenna.
When BT is enable the WiFi connection becomes very unstable, if BT is disable the WIFI connection works very well.
I need BT and WiFi enable at the same time because all setup of the device is made for IOs and Android AP using BT, during this process i need config the WiFi Connection and test if the password and SSID is ok.

Thanks for any help.

Pedro.
EDSONCT

Thank You
-Given: 72
-Receive: 5

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 12:42:01 12:42 »

I have never tried, but I supposed  having two RF systems with the same frequency so close together should generate a lot of interference between the two.
bigtoy

Thank You
-Given: 322
-Receive: 297

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 04:45:51 04:45 »

You're not the only one having that problem. It's likely a hardware issue; you may need to find another way of doing it.

https://forum.pycom.io/topic/1529/ble-and-wifi-interference
pbraida

Thank You
-Given: 162

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 12:19:08 12:19 »

Bigtoy,

I was trying everything to put the BT and WiFi to work together at the same time.
I figured it would be some hardware problem, but the support of the Espressif is not very good and they don't assume this.

Thanks for the link.
token0

Thank You
-Given: 55
-Receive: 97

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 10:47:10 22:47 »

https://www.espressif.com/sites/default/files/documentation/ESP32_FAQs__EN.pdf

5.3. Coexistence

5.3.1. How do ESP32 Bluetooth dual modes coexist? And how to use dual-mode
Bluetooth?

ESP32 BT&BLE dual-mode Bluetooth is very easy to use. It does not require any special
configuration or calling functions. As a developer, all you have to know is (1) BLE calls the
BLE APIs, and (2) Classic Bluetooth calls the Classic Bluetooth APIs. For details, please
refer to ESP32 BT&BLE Dual-mode Bluetooth.

5.3.2. How do ESP32 Bluetooth and Wi-Fi coexist?

In the menuconfig menu, there is a special option called “Software controls WiFi/
Bluetooth coexistence”, which is used to control the ESP32's Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
coexistence using software, thus balancing the coexistence requirement for controlling the
RF module by both the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth modules. Please note that if Option “Software
controls WiFi/Bluetooth coexistence” is enabled, the BLE scan interval shall not exceed
0x100 slots (about 160 ms).

• If only the BLE and Wi-Fi coexistence is required, this option can be enabled or
disabled. However, if this option is not enabled, please note that the “BLE scan
interval - BLE scan window” should be larger than 150 ms, and the BLE scan interval
should be less than 500 ms.
• If the Classic Bluetooth and Wi-Fi coexistence is required, it is recommended that you
enable this option.

In ESP-IDF V3.0 and earlier versions, the performance of Classic Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
coexistence might be poor at times. However, in ESP-IDF V3.1 and later versions, we has
solved this issue. At the moment, ESP32 can simultaneously function as a Wi-Fi module
and as a Bluetooth speaker, playing music smoothly.

According to this information, you should check ESP-IDF version to be V3.1 or later. If it's lower, then better to give up or upgrade.

jenifa

Thank You
-Given: 30

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 02:05:34 14:05 »

The problem is that they share a radio; in other words, while the ESP32 is sending/receiving a BT packet, it cannot listen or send a WiFi packet. It's like trying to keep up with talkshows on an old FM radio: you're switching back and forth a lot, and you can usually keep up with both because of some redundancy in the sentences used, but if they talk too fast you're going to loose track.
Manuel

Thank You
-Given: 648
-Receive: 182

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 01:27:18 13:27 »

This is obvious . Two task share reprogramming 1 hw structure.... The solution is easy, calm down and write your own protocol . It can be done.

X!

-> An Apple a Day does not Let U become a Macintosh!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...