Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:50:15 16:50

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PCM 2901 USB soundcard  (Read 2542 times)
mars01
V.I.P

Thank You
-Given: 692
-Receive: 1756

« on: June 10, 2016, 10:47:18 10:47 »

Hi!

Some may find this project useful (I understand that radio hobbyist think that this IC give good sound).

The project was done thinking that I may add an 16x2 LCD (connected on LCD connector) and see the volume data on the display but unfortunately, due of how the windows driver is done, the displayed volume on LCD is not in sync with the volume seen on sound control in windows.

Still, you can adjust the volume using the rotary encoder connected on JP2.
One other way is to use UP/DOWN/MUTE keys on the provided connector JP1.

I qualitatively checked the sound quality after I've done this project (did not use a scope to measure the THD) and from my opinion the sound it is indeed good. Though, I only done a cursory functional test for the MIC inputs.

I used an USB mini connector as this was what I had available at the time.

I added in the attached archive the following:

- EAGLE design files
- the firmware project done in mikroC for PIC
- manufacturing files (GERBER files, transparent film files for UV exposure - used the files named combined_copper.pdf and combined_soldermask.pdf, and GCODE drill files for a panel of 4pcs)
- windows drivers

A picture of the soundcard:

PS: There is a splash screen showing a name and a mobile number on the LCD but those can be easily changed in the mikroC project. The 16x2 LCD (HD44780) can be left out and not populated, the board will still work.

NOTE:
1. Default for the PWR_SEL jumper is not populated, meaning that the board will use power from USB. If you use external power do not plug the USB connector (in the next version I may have to add a diode to protect the USB from the external power).
2. External power is connected through a 2.1mm barrel power jack.

Have fun!

LE: For those who are not interested in opening the archive here are the schematics:

SHEET1:

SHEET2:

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 08:01:34 20:01 by mars01 » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...