Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:00:22 08:00

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Author Topic: Finding the Flyback transformer manufacturer  (Read 6350 times)
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 655
-Receive: 900

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2015, 08:42:48 08:42 »

The sky is falling!!!  That is nothing short of a scare hype, Just because it's cheap and from Asia doesn't mean you are going to die from it...  People get injured and die all the time from 'name brand' products as well...  A single or even handful of articles about 'knock off' stuff hurting someone and claiming it's going to cost you for the rest of your life if you use one is beyond scare exaggeration...  A lot of that is a push of those type of articles is by companies like Apple promoting their product...

Do you know for a fact that the design I linked to or others are faulty designs that are going to electrocute you?  Can you tell me what is wrong with the design inside that particular adapter? 

Sure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi-b9k-0KfE
bigtoy

Thank You
-Given: 322
-Receive: 297

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2015, 05:56:18 05:56 »

This is one of the funniest threads I've read in quite a while. Max's inability to find the TNY276 datasheet in google (despite being given BOTH the manufacturer name and partnumber),  then peoples comments on his astonishing skills, have me ROTFL.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

PI Expert Suite is pretty cool. It's nice it does the magnetics design for you - that saves a bunch of tedious work. Also, FYI, I've had a couple of those cheapo direct-from-China offline power supplies (USB chargers), and they generated so much EMI my clock radio (AM radio) was completely swamped; all the radio stations vanished when these things were plugged in. FCC / CE compliance? Don't think so! So be careful using, or copying, some of those ultra-cheap circuits. Mine looked like number 2 on this page:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/18731
I threw them out. Aside from their high EMI noise levels, they have minimal isolation and protection - it wouldn't take much for a high voltage to appear on the 5V output, and I didn't want to risk damaging an expensive tablet or phone.
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 826
-Receive: 4207

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2015, 10:58:33 10:58 »

Please use google or other search engine of choice, if you need any updates on this topic.

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...