Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:55:31 23:55

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Requeried: the hex code of zzaag3 balancing scooter  (Read 8915 times)
Sun_rise_pt

Thank You
-Given: 87
-Receive: 9

« on: March 17, 2013, 02:26:54 14:26 »

Hi friends.

Anybody have the the hex code of zzaag3 balancing scooter?

And the settings of Atmega32 fuses?

Regards.
PaulC

Thank You
-Given: 3935
-Receive: 133

information is free and should be shared for free

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 10:28:18 22:28 »

Found this Site ( GooGle ) ...

Meta is my self-balancing ride-on robot. Here's the first video (5.5MB, DivX AVI) of it with myself and Cameron riding (27/Aug/2006).

Someone at linuxDOTconfDOTau took a video of Linus Torvalds riding it.

For the curious, the source is available here. It builds with avr-gcc and runs on the Atmel ATMega16 8-bit microcontroller which is on the MOB board. The code is based on Trevor Blackwell's balancing algorithm and code (see his Building a Balancing Scooter page).

I did a presentation at LCA2007 on how to build your own. You can get the slides here or view the video of the presentation here.
Hardware

Two second-hand 24V wheelchair motors, obtained with gearbox, hub, wheel, and tyre attached
    2x OSMC boards (Open Source Motor Controller) from Robot Power
    1x MOB board (Modular OSMC Brain) from Robot Power
    1x IMU Combo Board - ADXL203/ADXRS401 gyro/accelerometer from Spark Fun Electronics
    6x 12V 7AH sealed lead-acid batteries
    Misc hardware from Dick Smith Electronics, Jaycar, Aztronics

More Hardware

I'm indebted to Paul Schulz for assisting me to build Meta. The design is trivial (bolt motors onto pieces of wood with metal brackets), but hardware isn't my thing!

2x pieces of wood
    1x broomstick
    Misc hardware from Bunnings
    Gaffer Tape

find it , read it , share it .
Sun_rise_pt

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 08:30:18 20:30 »

Very good your Balancing scooter,  PaulC.

"My beach" are  the Basic and the assembler of MCU´s based  on  51 family  achitecture.

I've  a old hobby: The electric vehicles.
And some days later redesigning the ZZAAG3 PCB's with two separated boards. One for control with a 40 pin (DIL) Atmega32-16. The second   with the  2 motor power drivers. The IMU (gyro - IDG500 & accel ADXL325 are a  cheap (maade in China)  5 DOF board).
The basis for my personalised PCB layouts are a "gyropode" article published on french magazine Electronique Pratique.
After the AVR firmware programation with the necessary fuse presets, specially the external xtal oscillator,  I saw a error:  Only  the red LED flashing and nothing more... That's the reason  I´ve posted the help request here...

Well... With some research on the  Bascom AVR and the literature of Elektor Weellie balancing scooter I  have discovered the error!!! Baaaaaaaa!!! My attention!... Grin

Easy:
The E. P.  magazine have the bad  indication  of 5V on the AVR - ARef  ( ref. for ADC's ). With  3V the problem remain  corrected...

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 08:49:40 20:49 by Sun_rise_pt » Logged
PaulC

Thank You
-Given: 3935
-Receive: 133

information is free and should be shared for free

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 10:56:42 22:56 »

would be interesting to see what you came up with to complete your project, or ideas that you can give us, i for one would be very much interested, if you don't mind sharing..

find it , read it , share it .
Sun_rise_pt

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 08:31:27 20:31 »

Ok.

I Think next weekend have some "free" time for the next steps.

On past month I built a "wide use" chassis with 2  24V/250W (with chain) (from surplus chineese scooters) to my following tests.
Tthe tests with my previous work - the balancing scooter published by Circuit Cellar magazine -  have not very good results: Too instability  by horizontal reference lost after some time...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...