Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:57:01 16:57

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Suggestions for board fab and assembly in Thailand?  (Read 4334 times)
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 655
-Receive: 900

« on: February 12, 2013, 10:59:13 10:59 »

hi Guys,

I am planning to spend a couple of months in Thailand and want to keep rolling on my hobby projects.

Do any of you know good, but very inexpensive , people you've used IN THAILAND (preferably in or around Bangkok) to fab circuits boards (mostly 2 layer, maybe 4) and also people that can do very small runs of surface mount assembly for me?

thanks in advance,

-solutions
mrakira

Thank You
-Given: 88
-Receive: 11

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 05:53:37 17:53 »

you can see warapcb (http://warapcb.com/)
Ichan

Thank You
-Given: 312
-Receive: 392

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 03:23:08 15:23 »

I am planning to spend a couple of months in Thailand and want to keep rolling on my hobby projects.

So you are in there now? Then send us some cute postcards please..  Tongue

-ichan

There is Gray, not only Black or White.
solutions

Thank You

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 07:03:17 07:03 »

Ichan - you are really sticking your neck out with a request for local cuties in a Projects thread:

She's from the northwest, up near Chiang Mai. I hope you're happy now and that this honey doesn't attract other flies in derailing the thread.

I'm still looking for a SMT assembly place here for hobby prototypes. You Thai guys - don't be shy....please share what you know.

Also, a source here for LiFePO4 cells in the 100-400Ah range would be nice. Thai import taxes are ting tong high, so I'd rather have something that's manufactured here.

thanks
DreamCat

Thank You
-Given: 223
-Receive: 116

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 11:23:27 11:23 »

How beautiful girl...

what dose 'ting tong' means? how much import taxes?

100~400Ah? not mAh? I want to get a big battery to replace my Electric bicycle.
btw, Hongkong's coolook 14500 700mAh about 5~6 yuan/cell in china.

May be I expressed the wrong meaning, sorry for my bad english. Please correct it for me if you can.
solutions

Thank You

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 04:46:32 16:46 »

Yes, Ah.

China has it for sure, as does Korea.

I need a Thai source if possible, but I doubt it's made here. Thai products tend to be higher quality than Chinese, yet comparable in cost. Probably why they make 60% of the world's disk drives here.

ting tong = slang "crazy"
Ichan

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 08:05:44 20:05 »

Ichan - you are really sticking your neck out with a request for local cuties in a Projects thread:

Haha.. as most of all here are boys then i bet some nice and cute picture of girls will be welcome, as below..  Tongue

Anyway, what are you doing in there with that big battery?

Dreamcat, is your girlfriend as sweet as the girls on the picture?

-ichan

alexisnik

Thank You
-Given: 25
-Receive: 6

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 01:00:01 13:00 »

Not entirely off topic, do you guys know of any cheap (but ok quality - up to 0402 smd) assembly service?? Shipping will be to Greece (or UK if not possible to Greece). A rough price range for prototype boards?

Many thanks!
solutions

Thank You

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 05:56:33 17:56 »

Thailand/Greece...yeah, same planet.

Please don't derail this to a Greek topic - start your own.

Same goes for girlie pics - they belong in "entertainment", not here - you could possibly start a topic there called "expensive hobbies"
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 06:02:42 18:02 by solutions » Logged
Ichan

Thank You

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 08:57:15 20:57 »

Bad days you have there i guess..  Wink

@Alexisnik, Gold Phoenix and PcbCart usually used as price reference for pcb and pcba from china, as i remember they have online price calculator - a good rough estimation.

-ichan

DreamCat

Thank You

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 02:53:25 14:53 »

If you only need to make a small amount product, you can buy some device to made them yourself. such as a reflow oven, stencil of your PCB. it is not very expansive, even you can make them yourself.
but this will spend your many of time to paste the chip.

IChan, where were you got that two images? in game? haha.. style of the ancient Chinese woman. but it only belongs to the past, not in today's society. sigh...

May be I expressed the wrong meaning, sorry for my bad english. Please correct it for me if you can.
solutions

Thank You

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 03:56:54 15:56 »

There's a little known function in Google Images - Click on the camera in the search box and it will search for image matches.

Using that, I can tell you Ichan got the image from an anime artbook called "The Beauty of Brocade" on animeartbooks.com.

The actual original, higher resolution art image is here:  http://animeartbooks.net/viewimage/5737/

Now that that's done...

Yes, I can do a reflow oven and all, but I was hoping to have someone else do it versus having an electronics factory set up in my hotel room.  Shocked
alexisnik

Thank You
-Given: 25
-Receive: 6

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 12:12:14 12:12 »

Hi, Solutions it wasn't my intention to change the thread's topic, I just wanted some advice on a relative matter. Actually, I was looking for assembly services just now, and I found this:

http://www.cytech.co.th/contact_us.asp

it seems that they are in Thailand! Haven't tried them or anything...

Thanks for the info, you need to upload BOM etc for a quote, so does anyone have a rough estimation on cost for China assembly (golden phoenix)? I have got quotes for >300$ just for one board assembly, I was wandering if you know if it is significantly cheaper (it's just small boards, less than 10x10cm).
solutions

Thank You

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 03:11:17 15:11 »

The Thais can be generally be trusted not to steal your design, and they are very quality oriented, IMO, for what it's worth.

The only Toyota Prius assembly plant outside Japan is in Thailand - for the quality workmanship.
Ichan

Thank You

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 08:24:11 20:24 »

@Solutions, I do not know any answer for your original question, but i think there are services that you need (except for the battery) - better try to ask peoples in local electronic community like forum and online shop, one shop that i know is http://www.thaieasyelec.net/.

@Alexisnik, i think assembly cost from for a single small board should not be more than $150 excluding the pcb, components, and shipping. The cost mainly on solder paste stencil and the "effort" on it, differ from pcb making, pcba service need significantly higher effort on setting up, preparing the component magazine, programming the machine, testing the pick an place, readjusting the oven profile etc.

I have no real experience for pcba service from china, i (and a friend) do have our own medium volume smt assembly line - sometime we accept local assembly orders (not overseas order), but most of the time the capacity filled up by our own projects. What i can tell, by using laser cut plastic for paste stencil then actually direct cost of assembling a single board is almost nothing, but the effort is high - i my self will not do it below $200.

Back to the cute things - Dreamcat, is that true more north in there more beauty the girls? As i remember you ever said that you are in northern-east, is that near to shandong? I am importing laser cutting machines from jinan nowadays.

-ichan

DreamCat

Thank You

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2013, 09:10:45 09:10 »

@Ichan, would you like tell me how about the laser cutting machines that you bought from jinan? such as power and quality. I know there is a factory produce it in jinan, one of my friend also want to get one.

for the beauty girls, as we know, LOLthe cosmetic let many girl seems more beautiful, but once they remove cosmetic, you will get truth..LOL. however, it is related with living environment, such as water. with the improvement of living conditions, ugly girls are in reducing. it is a good thing. But, Economic growth of China only made the material life improved, they have higher appetence only. very very poor in their spiritual and moral. So, there is many Chinese man want to marry a Thai woman.

btw, I only know a few PCB service in china, and their price, but they don't provide export services.

solutions

Thank You

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2013, 04:43:18 16:43 »

Girls are as ugly as the man that made them
Ichan

Thank You

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 09:58:02 21:58 »

Dreamcat, you are right - we better scoring up a girl just as she woke up, which will shows the originality  Grin.

I will PM you about the laser cutting machine, afraid that someone will kick my ass if i tell you in here.

I will also share for anyone who ask by PM where do i source pcb and battery from china (but not pcba), just about sharing not for my own advantage.

Girls are as ugly as the man that made them

Yea, and girls are as pretty as their mother..

-ichan

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...