Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:59:44 23:59

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Programmable Logic Controller  (Read 3766 times)
MAXPAYNE

Thank You
-Given: 492
-Receive: 359

It's a little funny......

« on: October 26, 2012, 05:15:32 05:15 »

I have some basic concept about PLC. but I want to learn and program Siemens & Omron PLC.

Please suggest from where should I start ?

Should I use ladder Logic language ?

Any simulator software available for Siemens/Omron where I can practice real life problem ?

Whats the Craziest Project u have done lately...?
Gallymimu

Thank You
-Given: 151
-Receive: 214

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 11:49:47 11:49 »

If you want to know PLCs then you really should learn ladder logic.  It isn't the only way to program PLCs but it is the standard. The script and block diagram versions for PLC programming can also be useful depending on what you are trying to do.

I'm not sure of a good simulator off hand, but if you want to learn Siemens you should definitely work with their tools.  They software is VERY peculiar and has a lot of gotchas and tricks.  

The Siemens S7-1200 PLCs are pretty cheap compared to their traditional PLCs and would be a good place to start.  I think the software for their low end PLCs can be gotten for free from the Siemens' distributors but maybe not from their website.

Posted on: October 26, 2012, 12:34:28 12:34 - Automerged

Maybe check these links.  I'm not sure that a usable version is available for download from them but it looks close:

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&objId=39596695&nodeid0=10805396&load=content&lang=en&siteid=cseus&aktprim=0&objaction=csview&extranet=standard&viewreg=WW

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&lang=en&objid=49639088&caller=view
MAXPAYNE

Thank You
-Given: 492
-Receive: 359

It's a little funny......

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 12:57:05 12:57 »

Can u suggest me some resources, which may b helpful for learning ladder logic ? In which software i will write the ladder logic code/diagram ?

I found software named Seimens Logo and Siemens Simatic in their web. are the simulator for practicing ?

Whats the Craziest Project u have done lately...?
Gallymimu

Thank You
-Given: 151
-Receive: 214

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 05:30:18 17:30 »

Can u suggest me some resources, which may b helpful for learning ladder logic ? In which software i will write the ladder logic code/diagram ?

I found software named Seimens Logo and Siemens Simatic in their web. are the simulator for practicing ?

Simatic doesn't mean simulator.  It is just the name of their software.

Siemens is different than other programs so if you can learn on siemens software it would be good.  The most common software is Siemens Step-7. 

If you search for Siemens here there are lots of posts.

The problem is that I don't think most of the software can be simulated without having a PLC to test with.

You will have to get a copy of a simulator.

For basic ladder logic (which you still have to learn first) you can probably google for PLC Ladder Logic simulation.  I don't know of anything off hand that you can use.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.  Good luck, ladder logic is fun, useful, but also frustrating at times!
flo0319

Thank You
-Given: 7
-Receive: 17

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 10:28:35 22:28 »

If you want to learn to use leader diagram you can use this software with Moeller PLCs simulator.

http://ftp://ftp.moeller.net/EASY/EASY-SOFT_DEMO/ES-V690Demo.exe

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...