Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:47:35 10:47

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Iphone 5 and one third  (Read 3926 times)
mare69

Thank You
-Given: 50
-Receive: 85

« on: September 21, 2012, 09:07:07 09:07 »

I never had that fruit... but I heard it has taller LCD.

First happy customers.
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 656
-Receive: 903

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 10:09:19 10:09 »

Too bad they'll need to return it to the store because of a RECALL

The U.S. International Trade Commission has agreed to look into claims from Motorola Mobility that certain Apple products infringe patents held by Motorola companies. The complainants have asked the ITC to issue an exclusion order to keep the products out of the U.S. market.

The investigation is set to cover certain Apple iPhones, iPods, iPads and Apple personal computers and components within them.

http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-news/4396734/Motorola-asks-ITC-to-ban-Apple-products
CocaCola

Thank You
-Given: 169
-Receive: 232

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 11:18:21 11:18 »

The U.S. International Trade Commission has agreed to look into claims from Motorola Mobility that certain Apple products infringe patents held by Motorola companies. The complainants have asked the ITC to issue an exclusion order to keep the products out of the U.S. market.

The investigation is set to cover certain Apple iPhones, iPods, iPads and Apple personal computers and components within them.

To compound that yesterday/today Samsung gave notice to the court that they planned to include the iPhone 5 in their current ongoing lawsuit against Apple for 3g and 4g LTE patent violations as soon as they have time to analyze and confirm the suspected violations in the new iPhone...

HTC is also in the wind and ready to sue Apple over 4g LTE patent violations...

Apple has started and continues to declare nuclear war and it's not going to end pretty until they learn to back off, because regardless of what they believe and proclaim they did not invent all that is cellular phones...
GunMage

Thank You
-Given: 11
-Receive: 35

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 02:39:43 14:39 »

WHAT???  Shocked I am typing this while I wait in the line of hundreds to pick up my Iphone 5 - One phone to rule them all !

KIDDING

While I do in fact really like my Iphone 4 (Not 4S) I see no reason to be part of the hype for a stupid cell phone. At the time I purchased my Iphone there were no cell phones that would truly compete with it. today that is another story entirely. I would have to do some serious looking around at phones & plans again if I wanted to enter a 2 year commitment. Sad part to me is that the consumer thinks that these small enhancements make a revolutionary product. I haven't seen Apple come up with e revolutionary product since the introduction of the Ipod, IPhone & Ipad... Now it is regurgitate the same stuff.
optikon
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 1092
-Receive: 2001

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 04:05:18 16:05 »

I am a proud owner of a "dumb" phone and will never own an apple *anything*

I can explain this to you. I can't comprehend it for you.
CocaCola

Thank You

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 05:59:51 17:59 »

At the time I purchased my Iphone there were no cell phones that would truly compete with it.

I beg to differ the Evo 4G and Samsung Galaxy S (to name a few) were already out pre-iPhone 4 and they a very solid competitors that rivals the iPhone 4 in many respects...  The iPhone is a nice phone but it's never been cutting edge tech or feature wise...  To suggest that there has never been anything that as valid competition is really stretching it, as there certainly was...  Even with the original iPhone I was using already using an HTC 6800 and wondered what all the hype was as even at that time my HTC was outperforming and had a bigger feature set than the iPhone in many respects...  I'm far from a fan of 'the Apple experience' (at least in a positive light) and lean towards features, functionality and ability to do what I need/want, and the iPhone has always fallen short and behind in that department...
GunMage

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 08:36:53 20:36 »

I beg to differ the Evo 4G and Samsung Galaxy S (to name a few) were already out pre-iPhone 4 and they a very solid competitors that rivals the iPhone 4 in many respects...  The iPhone is a nice phone but it's never been cutting edge tech or feature wise...  To suggest that there has never been anything that as valid competition is really stretching it, as there certainly was...  Even with the original iPhone I was using already using an HTC 6800 and wondered what all the hype was as even at that time my HTC was outperforming and had a bigger feature set than the iPhone in many respects...  I'm far from a fan of 'the Apple experience' (at least in a positive light) and lean towards features, functionality and ability to do what I need/want, and the iPhone has always fallen short and behind in that department...

It's a matter of point of reference. There are also many other factors such as the type of computer one uses, what needs to be synced, how it is to be synced... At the time I purchased my iphone nothing was as good. Remember this was my reference point. That being said "there was no valid competition". I personally am not a huge fan of any particular brand. I use the tools that accomplish my needs as easily and efficiently as possible. Others experience may vary
CocaCola

Thank You

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 09:52:01 21:52 »

It's a matter of point of reference. There are also many other factors such as the type of computer one uses, what needs to be synced, how it is to be synced... At the time I purchased my iphone nothing was as good. Remember this was my reference point. That being said "there was no valid competition". I personally am not a huge fan of any particular brand. I use the tools that accomplish my needs as easily and efficiently as possible. Others experience may vary

With the exception of the need/requirement to use iTunes (or another closed Apple ecosystem) I still don't agree with the above...  Can you elaborate on what features or functions the iPhone 4 had that the competition didn't that supports your point?  I find in almost all cases that Apple's hyped marketing makes one believe that they are the only phone capable of doing this or that, but in almost all cases it's hype not reality...

Reminds me of the time my friends came over (devote Apple guy) and was bragging about the 'new' Siri function, and how he could ask the phone a question and get an answer, he was amazed...  I pulled out my EVO (pre-dates Siri) hit the search button hit the microphone button, asked a question and surprise my phone game me an answer as well, a real downer for my friend as reality set in...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:58:42 21:58 by CocaCola » Logged
mare69

Thank You
-Given: 50
-Receive: 85

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 11:57:19 23:57 »

I am a proud owner of a "dumb" phone and will never own an apple *anything*

My "dumb" phone had external antenna and 2100mAh battery.
solutions

Thank You

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 01:02:33 01:02 »

Can you elaborate on what features or functions the iPhone 4 had that the competition didn't that supports your point?  I find in almost all cases that Apple's hyped marketing makes one believe that they are the only phone capable of doing this or that, but in almost all cases it's hype not reality...

It's the only phone capable of blocking flash content.

REALITY
 Angry
Magnox

Thank You
-Given: 976
-Receive: 279

Oink!

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 01:15:19 01:15 »

It's good to see other manufacturers fighting back against Apple.

I've personally boycotted their products ever since my wife bought the original ipod nano, and I discovered iTunes was the only supported way to use it. I don't like being controlled and dictated to.

It's a shame though. I do like the physical styling of a lot of Apple kit, and their user interface. They are things that I think Apple are exceptionally good at. I also remember being impressed with Apple using the 68000 CPU in the Lisa (anyone else remember that one? I always wanted one) and early Macs when the PC world was still on that 8088/86 rubbish.

If it wasn't for seeing the company's practices (basically too much greed, control and bullying of competition) I would happily buy their kit, if I had the money.

As it is though, I can't be a hypocrite. I won't buy anything from Apple, no matter what. More power to anyone who fights them, and brings us good stuff to use instead.
metal
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 862
-Receive: 678

Top Topic Starter

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 04:41:43 04:41 »

All I know is that apple will die, sooner or later, they can no longer compete with samsung and motorola. Can you remember how Nokia died already?
solutions

Thank You

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 05:46:21 05:46 »

Apple's biggest mistake was failing to buy Motorola instead of Google buying them.

That is their downfall.

They also have not learned from history. Keeping everything closed is what killed them time and time again.

Like a beautiful girl, with time, she gets old, fat, and wrinkled...then, the love affair must have something else in order to survive.
Ichan

Thank You
-Given: 312
-Receive: 392

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 11:34:38 11:34 »

I will never ever buy their product, can't chew that bitten one... Grin

-ichan

There is Gray, not only Black or White.
GunMage

Thank You

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 03:10:44 15:10 »

With the exception of the need/requirement to use iTunes (or another closed Apple ecosystem) I still don't agree with the above...  Can you elaborate on what features or functions the iPhone 4 had that the competition didn't that supports your point?  I find in almost all cases that Apple's hyped marketing makes one believe that they are the only phone capable of doing this or that, but in almost all cases it's hype not reality...

Reminds me of the time my friends came over (devote Apple guy) and was bragging about the 'new' Siri function, and how he could ask the phone a question and get an answer, he was amazed...  I pulled out my EVO (pre-dates Siri) hit the search button hit the microphone button, asked a question and surprise my phone game me an answer as well, a real downer for my friend as reality set in...

Certainly I will elaborate... At THAT time I needed to Sync data across multiple Macs. And have access to it via other methods (cloud). I had tried other smart phones at that time and had problems with all of them and the Macs. Apple compatability with apple won that day out. Yes, I agree it that their closed architecture sucks. As I had stated I am not a fan-boy. It was the best tool for the job to me without any hassle.
I like my iphone 4 as it has done everything I have needed it to without issues. Honestly switching platforms would suck as it means rebuying Apps that are needed/wanted.
Am I getting an Iphone 5? Doubt it until my phone truly dies. By then I will be able to get a great deal because Iphone 6 or 7 will be out. Make no mistake, I am not a fan-boy of any particular brand. My Cell phone is not that important to me to care hugely.

Additionally I applaud people who stand up for their views and boycott "Company X". (Apple, Microsoft whomever). Just do not be short sighted to think that any major corporation is completely guilt free or infallible. They all have their issues, fans & haters.
To me, the best "Gadget" (Phone, computer, tablet etc) is the one that does the things YOU particulaly need with the LEAST amount of hassle whether it be from Company 'A' or Comapny 'B'. Simple as that.

I appoligize in advance if I offend anyone, that is not my intent. 
Magnox

Thank You
-Given: 976
-Receive: 279

Oink!

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 08:11:42 20:11 »

Additionally I applaud people who stand up for their views and boycott "Company X". (Apple, Microsoft whomever). Just do not be short sighted to think that any major corporation is completely guilt free or infallible. They all have their issues, fans & haters.

I completely agree. The sort of people who make it to the top in any big business are not generally the type to be concerned about how their company makes money. These days, even more than ever, the only driving force is how much money one can make, in any way they can. Personally I abhor that attitude, but that's just my opinion. It's not one shared by any businessman I've ever met. It's also probably why I'm not rich.

Years ago, I bought Digital Research DOS for the PC, around the days of Windows 3.0. DR-DOS was far superior to MS-DOS. Unfortunately, Windows soon started to crash if run on DR-DOS. Why? Not because there was anything wrong with DR-DOS, but because MS deliberately caused Windows to be incompatible with DR-DOS. That's a fact - they were caught out when someone found the code responsible for detecting MS-DOS.

I've never liked MS since, but I think Apple do far worse.

The whole industry is based on deliberate obsolescence to keep consumers spending. That's all that matters to them. Right or wrong, depending on one's viewpoint. To me it's wrong and while in a way it might be responsible for the advancement of technology (to make the previous obsolete) I think that it is holding back our civilization and species advancement as a whole. Imagine if the human race evolved beyond individual greed and acquisitiveness, and actually started trying to advance our whole species for its own sake. What could we accomplish then?

/rant  Grin

Not necessary at all - Your opinion is a valid as anyone's, and is perfectly sensible. The only thing I find unfortunate that often happens in these sort of conversations (and you've not done it, I'm just saying) is when someone tries to force their opinion on others. My beliefs are quite strong on this and similar matters, but they are right for me. I realise and accept that does not make them right for others.
GunMage

Thank You

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 09:22:11 21:22 »

Quote from: foxyrick
Not necessary at all - Your opinion is a valid as anyone's, and is perfectly sensible. The only thing I find unfortunate that often happens in these sort of conversations (and you've not done it, I'm just saying) is when someone tries to force their opinion on others. My beliefs are quite strong on this and similar matters, but they are right for me. I realise and accept that does not make them right for others.

I make the apology only because things like tone & mannerisms are lost in a wall of text. While I think my words do not come across as offensive someone else may. I try to preemtively eliminate any hard feeling. People get pretty emotional when discussing certain topics. I have found "Apple" to one of those topics where people have a tendency to be easily butt hurt.  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...