Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:28:47 05:28

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: pic and android ...  (Read 7019 times)
jeanninemtv

Thank You
-Given: 57
-Receive: 25

« on: August 03, 2012, 08:16:53 20:16 »

hello,

i want to know if anybody already tried microcontroller interfacing with android using the accesory framework for android ? ...
I'm buying 'brick by brick' all the necessary to work (not the official development board but something diy ...

look for example the microchip sample and not-so-cheap-in-europe board ...(aprox 150E from farnell and even from microxip ...)  anyway i'll try using the provided data ....

http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en553673
Parmin

Thank You
-Given: 494
-Receive: 133

Very Wise (and grouchy) Old Man

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 12:53:15 00:53 »

You are right, the microchip development board is very expensive for what it provides.

On the other hand, have you ever try to write to Microchip?
tell them that you are s student, provide them with your student ID., and ask them for a discount.
Microchip is a fairly decent company, and they seems to be willing to work things out with their users.

If I have said something that offends you, please let me know, so I can say it again later.
SuperDrive

Thank You
-Given: 36
-Receive: 4

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 08:49:39 08:49 »

US$ 79.9 both at Digikey and Microchip Direct, note that it includes Pickit3.

jeanninemtv

Thank You

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 12:24:14 12:24 »

sound a good offer, because my reference was farnell.fr and they spit me with >150E (transport usa, shipping and whatever ).  ah! and no pickit included
SuperDrive

Thank You
-Given: 36
-Receive: 4

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 01:09:35 13:09 »

I have one, playing with it a little - just trying the demo.

Works with HTC Wildfire S, doesn't work with Samsung Galaxy Y.

Edit: I meant Galaxy Pocket, haven't tried the Y.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 01:39:44 13:39 by SuperDrive » Logged
bigtoy

Thank You
-Given: 322
-Receive: 297

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 05:02:12 05:02 »

I realise you were asking about PIC, but this might be another Android interfacing option for you. FTDI has a chip and example software for interfacing to Android:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Android.htm
jeanninemtv

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 08:54:40 08:54 »

seems to be a good usb otg option...

btw, in the android side, how can i do an osciloscope like interface?  is there something faster (and free ^^) than bmp methods?
violentic
Inactive

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 1

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 06:26:00 18:26 »

Hi! I was working in a project that needs to connect a pic to an android phone but i have by now this development stopped.
I have seen that "android accessory dev kit" but this was useless for me because the android version that I need to communicate with is 2.2 (froyo). The "accessory" option in android is available only from 2.3 and above; such as FTDI that requires 3.1 and above.

There are some implementations that can give you an ADB connection in android versions 1.5 (or 1.6) and above! I cannot test this by now (because I need to translate them to PIC32). They are:

IOIO:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10748
https://github.com/ytai/ioio/wiki

Microbridge (there are versions for AVR and PIC24F):
http://code.google.com/p/microbridge/
http://code.google.com/p/microbridge-pic/ << I have downloaded the code before they removed it temporally from the page, ask if you need it.

When I have time to port some of this ones to PIC32, I will post this here, but by the time I am with another project :S
jeanninemtv

Thank You

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 09:04:18 09:04 »

hello again,
finally i found some spare components to test (because they were free ^^ )  so i get a pic24FJ64Gb002 and a pickit3

i downloaded the mplabX demo project from microchips and the apk to install on my nexus S.

In fact , i can see that mplabX configs are like a nightmare ...

I havenn't found the configs for my device so i did it by myself.  then a lot of file path on the includes appeared,  i wrote each path correctly and it compiled,  but ...
aparently the board hangs on the usb port ( my cellphone recognise a usb device plugged into it) but nothing more happen !!!

what could be causing this mess???
(i haven't change the ids or names of the board on the demo)
i'll upload my folder later.

thanks in advance
Ichan

Thank You
-Given: 312
-Receive: 392

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 06:19:29 18:19 »

What apk is that?

I download Android Basic Accessories demo from Google Play Store using Galaxy Notes, the demo board is run just out of the box.

-ichan

There is Gray, not only Black or White.
jeanninemtv

Thank You

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 11:52:22 23:52 »

exactly the same apk you mentioned,
i plug the cable to my nexus S (with android 4X version) and it detects a device but the app doesnt recognize anything  Sad ...  i'll re compile and check all my includes again ... btw is kinda difficult to make it work without warnings about 'file not detected' even when i put manually the full path with #include ....

jeanninemtv

Thank You

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 03:13:39 15:13 »

hi again,

i solved the #includes problem.  the solution is on the project properties in the compilers options ... i had to indicate the folders that XC16 need...  and include with the source code some usbhost.c and androidv1.c and .h, then the main c compiled quickly

but the main problem now concerns the android OS ( aka jellybean ),  because microshit updated they framework up to 3.2x version ( "+" ) in august but for example my googlephone updated itself automatically to 4.1 version, reading two posts on microchip forum i changed the 1 to 2 inn the version indicators, and the board is recognised by my cellphone, and the demo app downloaded from the web says "device connected",

buuuut ... no led turn on or off with i press a screen button... i did a test to check if some data came into the pic by turning on a led after the device recognition event (i mean when you press any button on the screen's demo apk)  and it responses!!  but no explicit command recognition...

any suggestion???
TucoRamirez

Thank You
-Given: 257
-Receive: 115

Tuco ... dead or Alive

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 01:30:13 13:30 »

recompile the source of the adk after installing the latest adk packages in eclipse. 

after that it must work ...

Whoever double crosses me and leaves me alive... he understands nothing about Tuco.
Ichan

Thank You
-Given: 312
-Receive: 392

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 09:39:37 21:39 »

I use the demo board with stock hex - PIC24FJ256GB110 on it. Perhaps you have to compare your schematic to the original demo board.

Trying another android device will be good, not all device has "Accessories Library" included - there is compatible device list on microchip website.

-ichan

There is Gray, not only Black or White.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...