Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:48:48 08:48

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Author Topic: The Hall of Shame - inactive invitee purge list  (Read 12269 times)
metal
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 862
-Receive: 678

Top Topic Starter

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2012, 06:39:51 06:39 »

8 good posts/month are too much, come on solutions :- )

Excluding VIP $$ contributors, one quality post every month, or two, is just ***in' fine, IMO, metal.  Twenty members on a forum that meet your proposed 100 threshold is no fun, nor will there be diverse contributions and eyes "on the street" either...

"'Twas but my tongue, 'twas not my soul that swore."
-Euripides

are you sure? let's forget about the 100 threshold, shall we make it 50/year? I think this is fair enough?? Looking at what a member could get here, is this also fair!? I am afraid you read it 100/month Grin

solutions

Thank You
-Given: 655
-Receive: 900

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 02:33:22 02:33 »

No, I read it correctly as 100 per year.

Look at it this way. If nidhisahu's stats are correct, there are 800 ZERO posters out there.  If we get them to post QUALITY postings at least once a MONTH (takes the pressure off), that's 10,000 posts additional to what we have per year, or about 30 additional good ones a day (almost double...).

Rather than a shitty (sorry, I use the word in a technical context) signal to noise ratio of people HAVING to put ten pieces of crap up every month, times 800....that's 8000 posts of garbage we have to wade through every month. People here get all cranky when they see 10 invite requests...

What i am saying is if we can get 10,000 additional QUALITY postings annually, which is one per month from the ZEROES, I, for one, would be tickled.
GunMage

Thank You
-Given: 11
-Receive: 35

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2012, 03:07:35 15:07 »

I think one of the big keys to this is "quality" posting. I really would rather not have to wade through 5 pages of garbage to get to the few "quality"posts. The question then becomes how do you determine what is deemed "quality"?

As far a numbers go I would hope that if one is decided upon it is an annual value rather than monthly. I know there will be times where I may not be on for a month or so depeding on projects and such. I also know that my posting habits usually happen in bursts where I may not have anything to post for a month or two as well.
dotm

Thank You
-Given: 81
-Receive: 75

$$$

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2012, 03:51:57 15:51 »

if you want to determine the quality of a posting you could introduce a rating system.
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 826
-Receive: 4207

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2012, 03:57:20 15:57 »

I think this topic needs locking.
reasons
1. there will be a purge of inactive users
2. who is classed as inactive will be decided by site owner, with recommendations from the mod team, also by users passed actions.
3. The number of posts needed to be an active member will be lower than figures posted here, but don't forget posts that don't add to topic, or classed as Thank You Posts, will get the poster a mute, and maybe account deleted.
Such posts should be reported by members who see them, Plus don't forget, reporting these posts is being part of an active member.

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...