The Godfather talking
This is god damn my place! Capisci?
Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:58:19 21:58

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Print
Author Topic: The Hall of Shame - inactive invitee purge list  (Read 12242 times)
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 655
-Receive: 900

« on: May 02, 2012, 02:11:40 02:11 »

I suggest this thread be relocated by the mods to a sticky on the "Invitation Request" topic.

Active members post users here in this thread who had requested, who were invited, who registered, then were relatively inactive (not necessarily meaning zero). That invitation took away from another worthy person who could have been invited.

This gives the mods one place to clean the member list (when they get free time, they can batch it - also unclutters their PM and offloads them from having to groom the lists every so often) on inviting member's recommendation that someone they invited is inactive (mods have final say if it is actually done), and also puts those inactive invitees on notice that they are about to get wiped off the map. Whether we should allow a grace period ("time limit" as suggested in another thread here) after posting the user before purging them is up to you guys.

As a reward, the active member who did the original invitation gets an additional invite credit for any inactive invitee they listed here and that the mods agree to purge.

With the number of requests we get on Sonsivri, especially now that the links are mostly no longer open, inactive invitees displace potentially valuable and active members from being invited. Active and open sharing of knowledge/resources - not just gaining membership to be able to peer into non-public links for personal gratification or download. Give more than you take.

What do you think?

Posted on: May 02, 2012, 03:10:31 03:10 - Automerged

Inactives I invited:

maddy0786

ericha

Please purge.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 02:26:27 02:26 by solutions » Logged
Parmin

Thank You
-Given: 494
-Receive: 133

Very Wise (and grouchy) Old Man

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 03:50:27 03:50 »

I invited
zenzen_craig

a couple of years ago,  since then 0 post.
Please purge.

If I have said something that offends you, please let me know, so I can say it again later.
pjmelect
Inactive

Warned

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 3

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 04:37:23 04:37 »

I am a recent invitee, although I have made very few posts (because of time pressures), I am lurking in the background. Is there a limit on the number of people that can register for this site? Does it matter if they are inactive? There could be a case for putting someones account in suspension if they have not visited in a long time.
Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 230
-Receive: 959

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 08:29:39 08:29 »

Name:  2sc2240
Position:  Inactive
Date Registered:  July 04, 2011, 04:10:37 16:10

Name:  torefauchald
Position:  Inactive
Date Registered:  August 14, 2011, 09:50:52 09:50

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
kayvee

Thank You
-Given: 98
-Receive: 101

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 08:45:37 08:45 »

I am a recent invitee, although I have made very few posts (because of time pressures), I am lurking in the background. Is there a limit on the number of people that can register for this site? Does it matter if they are inactive? There could be a case for putting someones account in suspension if they have not visited in a long time.

From the General Rules of the site, specifically Point 8:

8- Activity is required since this is a community and learning environment. Simply, adding comments does not constitute as an activity and you may lose your account. Click here to read more.

But... since we are at it:

Name:    paradigm
Position:    Inactive
Date Registered:    May 20, 2010, 02:46:17 14:46
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:55:30 08:55 by kayvee » Logged
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 823
-Receive: 4194

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 12:00:18 12:00 »

We do have a purge of inactive users, so if your inactive, expect your account to be deleted.
we have users since 2005, and when seen get put on purge list.
When you enter site message displayed by godfather is shown, "read it it makes sense"
How much time does it take to add to a topic? posting Thank You, or not adding to value topic is a no no.

If your only here to take, then expect to have your account deleted, I mute users I think or know to be inactive, being muted removes the option to ask questions, or beg for this and that.

Posted on: May 02, 2012, 12:11:12 12:11 - Automerged

I invited
zenzen_craig

a couple of years ago,  since then 0 post.
Please purge.
one of the mods here beat you to it. even if it was only by a few days. Tongue

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
solutions

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 12:18:36 12:18 »

There's a limit of one invite per 20 days once you become active enough. Newbies don't get to invite. We want people to contribute, not sponge or take up space when we could have invited someone else who'd be active. i have seen requests a few days after I invited someone, but i used up my invite credit.  Do you think I like to see a zero contributor from three months ago that used up my credit to where i can't invite my new prospect? Does a suspension solve anything? No - it actually makes it worse.

If I can get my invite back and invite an active contributor who'll share stuff with us regularly and willingly - more than s/he takes, versus someone too busy to care?  In a heartbeat.

In my book, there are no excuses.  If someone's too busy, wait. If they want to just hit and run a posting that's hidden, they're not wanted here.

This is a unique place.  It's not a warez site.

pickit2 - the mute lashings no longer serve their purpose now that we bury files in text attachments. A mute still has access to those and that is all they are after now - this is why we see a spike in membership requests.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 12:25:39 12:25 by solutions » Logged
pickit2

Thank You

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 01:29:20 13:29 »

pickit2 - the mute lashings no longer serve their purpose now that we bury files in text attachments. A mute still has access to those and that is all they are after now - this is why we see a spike in membership requests.
yes this has to be addressed, we could close down the ability to view attachments (one reason why the no coded links rule),
lins shown only to members that have posted x number of posts, problem is, this leads to members posting crap, just to up thier post count, and adds to extra work for the mods.
The mute only stops the leechers requesting in the forum, untill their accounts are deleted, this action is the only true option, no account, no access.

all names posted here, in this topic were all muted, some before being posted here.

do you miss my richard head section?

GunMage

Thank You
-Given: 11
-Receive: 35

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 07:26:28 19:26 »

There's a limit of one invite per 20 days once you become active enough. Newbies don't get to invite. We want people to contribute, not sponge or take up space when we could have invited someone else who'd be active. i have seen requests a few days after I invited someone, but i used up my invite credit.  Do you think I like to see a zero contributor from three months ago that used up my credit to where i can't invite my new prospect? Does a suspension solve anything? No - it actually makes it worse.

If I can get my invite back and invite an active contributor who'll share stuff with us regularly and willingly - more than s/he takes, versus someone too busy to care?  In a heartbeat.

In my book, there are no excuses.  If someone's too busy, wait. If they want to just hit and run a posting that's hidden, they're not wanted here.

This is a unique place.  It's not a warez site.

As a fairly new user to these boards I agree. I personally want to leave things in a better state then when I got there. As Solutions mentioned this is NOT a warez site. You want Warez go torrent. I ,like a lot of people, have a busy life. I still make time to visit and contribute when I can. I also am not one who gets hung up on post count. I think the content is more important than the quantity.
When I get to the point of being able to invite I know I am going to be very very selective. I do not know too many people that I would consider worthy of a place as this. There are some very knowledgable people here and I do not want to waste that resource.
Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 07:26:44 19:26 »

I sent some of my not so active invites a link to this thread in a PM. Could be an idea for others also

oldvan

Thank You
-Given: 154
-Receive: 107

If the van is a Rockin'...

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 07:33:15 19:33 »

do you miss my richard head section?
I'm still parked there.  Cheesy  Someone stole 3 of my hubcaps!

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he will sit around in a boat drinking beer all day.
pickit2

Thank You

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 11:43:22 23:43 »

I'm still parked there.  Cheesy  Someone stole 3 of my hubcaps!
Damn I thought you was muted? plus I never seen your hub caps, well saying that, I do have 3 on ebay.

dotm

Thank You
-Given: 81
-Receive: 75

$$$

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 08:40:31 20:40 »

yes this has to be addressed, we could close down the ability to view attachments (one reason why the no coded links rule),
lins shown only to members that have posted x number of posts, problem is, this leads to members posting crap, just to up thier post count, and adds to extra work for the mods.

I must say all this talking sets me under pressure ,especially that i'm a newbie. For the one part , I really want to stay here and take part in it, for the other part I don't want to post anything just to stay active. Sometimes there just isn't anything to response to and there are no projects or software i stumbled upon. I eagerly wait for a chance to contribute, really.
Maybe I'm just a bit paranoid..
Parmin

Thank You
-Given: 494
-Receive: 133

Very Wise (and grouchy) Old Man

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 11:53:42 23:53 »

The newbies that are posting in this thread, worried about their posting status,
 at least you are showing the want of staying.
I am sure the purged members are those that wont even bother to reply on this simple thread.

I am too a believer of quality rather than quantity.

If I have said something that offends you, please let me know, so I can say it again later.
solutions

Thank You

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 11:54:06 23:54 »

"Being slightly paranoid is like being slightly pregnant - it tends to get worse."

"Just because they really are out to get you doesn't mean you aren't paranoid."

It's not a question of quantity, IMO, at all.  Give more than you take. Thank people for taking the trouble to share with you, whether a link or advice/valuable-opinion. If someone brings an extremely rare or valuable share here once, it's worth a lot more than empty headed posts of freeware.  If someone's a cracker, they may rarely post, but their value is huge. If someone provides a Sonsivri cracker an exe that's not readily visible, that's worth a lot.

The worst are the ones who join, contribute nothing, and only leech posts. Like I said before - you want warez, go elsewhere. If you have nothing to add, why did you join? If you can't provide anything useful post-wise, or thankyouwise, yet you just downloaded a $40,000 piece of s/w to try/learn, why aren't you contributing even 0.1% of that amount to this site to keep it running? IMO, zero posts and a regular, even annual, contribution to keep the site running is fine...but it's the mods' call, not mine.

Lighting a fire under newbies, as with this thread, is a healthy thing, especially if they only came here to uncover the now-text-embedded links.  BUT, the mods here are not slouches...if they sense crap, they aren't shy with mutes. IMO, crap means generic, non-development, warez, e-books, or mags. I'd also consider members who don't take a look at their invites and who rely on the mods to prune the tree are also worthy of a small vacation.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 12:14:01 00:14 by solutions » Logged
dotm

Thank You

$$$

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 12:28:38 00:28 »

Lighting a fire under newbies, as with this thread, is a healthy thing, especially if they only came here to uncover the now-text-embedded links.  BUT, the mods here are not slouches...if they sense crap, they aren't shy with mutes. IMO, crap means generic, non-development, warez, e-books, or mags. I'd also consider members who don't take a look at their invites and who rely on the mods to prune the tree are also worthy of a small vacation.

If you have no access to software from inside a company (to deliver something new) or if you are not a cracker (which just can't be a premise) the only contribution to make is sharing knowledge. Sometimes one can , but often a solution allready has been delivered or there is just no request that fits to ones knowledge profile. What you will get are all those non-cracking newbies pouncing on the first question they can answer (like me).
If you want more of that , raise the pressure.
solutions

Thank You

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 10:04:19 10:04 »

No...you missed the key point and are contriving excuses (I don't know why YOU are, but anyway...)

CONTRIBUTE vs exploit. You should be able to fill in the blanks on the rest of it.

If you can't:

Knowledge

books

mags

s/w

projects

scans

money to run the site

accessing libraries

bake a cake for us

etc
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 10:07:40 10:07 by solutions » Logged
Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 10:40:32 10:40 »

Damn I thought you was muted? plus I never seen your hub caps, well saying that, I do have 3 on ebay.
Actually PICKIT there is a surveillance footage of the episode. As useal the moderators are just monkeying around. Stealing hub caps to get beer money Grin

pickit2

Thank You

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 12:00:55 12:00 »

being active is not only posting new software, e-books, or cracks.
it can be asking for help with software, a device new to you,or even a project, or even a code problem.
the list is endless.

The purge on inactive members are zero posts, being here over one year, and not posting is not acceptable.
there are some members who posted in 2005 - 2008 got to see links, and been here ever since.

GunMage

Thank You

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 03:08:29 15:08 »

If you have no access to software from inside a company (to deliver something new) or if you are not a cracker (which just can't be a premise) the only contribution to make is sharing knowledge. Sometimes one can , but often a solution allready has been delivered or there is just no request that fits to ones knowledge profile. What you will get are all those non-cracking newbies pouncing on the first question they can answer (like me).
If you want more of that , raise the pressure.

I don’t think that this is necessarily the case. By participating in the threads and making intelligent posts or asking meaningful question you are a contributor. You do not need to be a world class cracker, programmer, engineer, etc. As an engineer I find that a fresh set of eyes on a problem to be most helpful. Those eyes a lot of times are from a less experienced person. I have had interns who in a few minutes saw an issue I had been looking at for a week. 
Like what was said previously there are MANY ways to contribute. Your Posts in this thread are an example of that. This conversation is moving forward. Or by asking questions to help you learn you are assisting someone else who may have had the same question but was afraid to ask for whatever reason.
I am a “Newbie” here. I would like to hope I am viewed as a contributor to this community. But I am not worried about being purged. If it happens, it happens. I see no reason for it to happen but I also am not one of those people who hold the power.  That being said I will continue to post relevant information, Ask questions when I have them & assist where I can. Just because you have a high post count doesn’t mean your contribution is greater than anyone else’s. In some case this may be the case but not in all.
pertican

Thank You
-Given: 436
-Receive: 1130

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 06:55:57 18:55 »

It is my opinion Smiley
Moderator must deleted inactive users that registered befor 2010 , and register new users!
2 years later deleted inactive users that registered befor 2012 Smiley
Regards

nidhisahu

Thank You
-Given: 8
-Receive: 5231

Because Knowledge Should Be Free for ALL

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2012, 07:32:27 19:32 »

Just for information,

As per forum stats

http://www.sonsivri.to/forum/index.php?action=mlist;sort=posts;start=0

nearly 800 members have post count 0 (pure leechers),

and 600 members having 0 post count are more than one year old !

Only 1300 members have more than 10 as post count ! (total members - 3636)

stats above given just for information : how many members are serious about their A/c and contribution,

Message to non contributors : it still does not mean how much you have post count but fair participation

is always welcomed and expected as you are also a very important part of this forum.

(otherwise if any one have no time for any kind of participation than they may put request to delete their A/c)    

Vlsi@IIT
metal
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 862
-Receive: 678

Top Topic Starter

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2012, 08:39:54 20:39 »

To be honest, I would *** all members with less than 100 posts/year off, many members here are after software and eBooks/Magazines, even if some of them pretend they love the forum and people here, also when you read their posts, you just shit on yourself. For example, this software worked for me (So Fucking What), could you please re-upload, this upload site is blocked in my country, and so weiter.. I know many members here who are real experts in electronics, and they can be real useful members if they posted some projects and info to teach others, but no, they take and never give, they say we have no time, and I say, you are mean, you have the time, but you keep the good for yourself. No need to name the ones I know, but once they read this, they will understand that I am pointing my dick into their throats. To name few, proteus, elektor, epe, PICC, C18, C30, IAR AVR, etc.. How many members here posted useful MCU projects? How many members wrote tutorials? Those whoe are running after the latest versions of proteus, proton, hitech compilers, iar and ccs, how many projects examples did you post?

It is impossible how the moderation team is exhausted. Unbelievable is the number of silly *** up posts we delete on a daily basis, PM handling from many members, especially those who are inactive, and jump to ask you to invite their friend. How do you expect me to listen to you while you are in***edupactive? The list of unsolved issues is increasing, not because of anything but the number of assholes here is rising up and up with every new invitation being approved. They beg asses to get invited then they stay silent till deleted, WTF...?

Then we see members obsessed with posting only eBooks and magazines, ask them do you MCU, and they just shut the *** up, isn't there some sort of balance in the shit inside your head!? Other obsessed about asking for papers, it is unbelievable that when you look at 99% of posts here, that majority are personal requests, little requests are for other members good.

I should also mention the disease of double, triple, quad, name it yourself, ***ing accounts.... Every month, we nearly ban 10~15 members that have double accounts. Why would have many accounts here, while you are in essence in***edupactive!!?? Add to it, when you come here by donation, you are not any different from other members, you should contribute, otherwise you will be deleted, no excuses accepted.

I think we will give three months for being inactive, then will automatically delete that member.

I am not sorry for the filthy language..
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 12:33:14 00:33 by metal » Logged
solutions

Thank You

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 03:10:48 03:10 »

Excluding VIP $$ contributors, one quality post every month, or two, is just ***in' fine, IMO, metal.  Twenty members on a forum that meet your proposed 100 threshold is no fun, nor will there be diverse contributions and eyes "on the street" either...

"'Twas but my tongue, 'twas not my soul that swore."
-Euripides
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 03:26:01 03:26 by solutions » Logged
pertican

Thank You
-Given: 436
-Receive: 1130

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2012, 05:07:33 05:07 »

@ metal
I think we will give three months for being inactive, then will automatically delete that member.
good idea Smiley
What is the difference between inactive users and unregisteted user?

They even don't have time to clicking on the thanks button.
They can just download!

Regard

metal
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 862
-Receive: 678

Top Topic Starter

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2012, 06:39:51 06:39 »

8 good posts/month are too much, come on solutions :- )

Excluding VIP $$ contributors, one quality post every month, or two, is just ***in' fine, IMO, metal.  Twenty members on a forum that meet your proposed 100 threshold is no fun, nor will there be diverse contributions and eyes "on the street" either...

"'Twas but my tongue, 'twas not my soul that swore."
-Euripides

are you sure? let's forget about the 100 threshold, shall we make it 50/year? I think this is fair enough?? Looking at what a member could get here, is this also fair!? I am afraid you read it 100/month Grin

solutions

Thank You

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 02:33:22 02:33 »

No, I read it correctly as 100 per year.

Look at it this way. If nidhisahu's stats are correct, there are 800 ZERO posters out there.  If we get them to post QUALITY postings at least once a MONTH (takes the pressure off), that's 10,000 posts additional to what we have per year, or about 30 additional good ones a day (almost double...).

Rather than a shitty (sorry, I use the word in a technical context) signal to noise ratio of people HAVING to put ten pieces of crap up every month, times 800....that's 8000 posts of garbage we have to wade through every month. People here get all cranky when they see 10 invite requests...

What i am saying is if we can get 10,000 additional QUALITY postings annually, which is one per month from the ZEROES, I, for one, would be tickled.
GunMage

Thank You

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2012, 03:07:35 15:07 »

I think one of the big keys to this is "quality" posting. I really would rather not have to wade through 5 pages of garbage to get to the few "quality"posts. The question then becomes how do you determine what is deemed "quality"?

As far a numbers go I would hope that if one is decided upon it is an annual value rather than monthly. I know there will be times where I may not be on for a month or so depeding on projects and such. I also know that my posting habits usually happen in bursts where I may not have anything to post for a month or two as well.
dotm

Thank You

$$$

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2012, 03:51:57 15:51 »

if you want to determine the quality of a posting you could introduce a rating system.
pickit2

Thank You

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2012, 03:57:20 15:57 »

I think this topic needs locking.
reasons
1. there will be a purge of inactive users
2. who is classed as inactive will be decided by site owner, with recommendations from the mod team, also by users passed actions.
3. The number of posts needed to be an active member will be lower than figures posted here, but don't forget posts that don't add to topic, or classed as Thank You Posts, will get the poster a mute, and maybe account deleted.
Such posts should be reported by members who see them, Plus don't forget, reporting these posts is being part of an active member.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...