The Godfather talking
You may crack software. How about me?
Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:13:43 17:13

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Microchip Solutions Library - Problems with USB demo and C18 compiler  (Read 5925 times)
th_sak

Thank You
-Given: 150
-Receive: 149

« on: March 04, 2012, 06:34:54 18:34 »

Hi, Have anyone ever tried to compile the firmware of Microchip's Solution Libraries USB "Device - HID - Custom Demos"? When I try to compile I get different errors like "syntax errors" or "missing files" or "could not find some .h or .c files". Can anyone help me with this? I have properly installed in my computer MPLAB-X v1.10 and Microchip C18 v3.40 running on Win7 x64.

Image attached.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:05:04 20:05 by th_sak » Logged
metal
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 862
-Receive: 678

Top Topic Starter

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 07:27:12 19:27 »

You shall at least show the output of the compiler for people to be able to help you.
zab

Thank You
-Given: 25
-Receive: 58

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 06:11:28 06:11 »

My dear
 go to installed folder and attach  the missing files your self. All this shows that the reffed project is compiled with previous version. The file are there.
motox
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 254
-Receive: 319

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 07:47:57 19:47 »

Old projects like that one was originally made in MPLAB IDE. So you may find errors in the configuration of some of the new projects for MPLAB X. But that should be easily solved.
Gallymimu

Thank You
-Given: 151
-Receive: 214

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 03:32:06 03:32 »

Old projects like that one was originally made in MPLAB IDE. So you may find errors in the configuration of some of the new projects for MPLAB X. But that should be easily solved.

To clarify I think he means that many of those projects were for MPLAB 8 not MPLAB X.  Going back to that might be a good starting point.

Also be aware of the compiler the demo was written for,  this is have as much if not more impact on your success than the MPLAB version.

That said they should ALL work with a little fixing and tweaking but if you are very new to this environment and/or c programming in general it could be frustrating. 

Don't forget you can post on microchip forums and submit support tickets with microchip.  they will help you although they are sometimes slow. 

Just like HERE though you must ask specific questions and provide a complete set of information.  Saying you are having compilation problems doesn't leave anyone with any ability to help you beyond guessing.  You posted some info but you need to complete it.  What processor, which version of the solution libraries, what are the exact errors that are stumping you?
th_sak

Thank You
-Given: 150
-Receive: 149

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 04:00:04 16:00 »

Thank you all for the suggestions/answers. My post is a bit old (March 04). I solved the problem a few days after I posted here. It had to do with administrator permissions of windows 7. I installed microchip solutions in "C:/Microchip Solutions v2012-02-15" and as you probably know when windows starts you are logged in as a user and not as administrator, so you cannot write or modify a file/folder without changing first it's read/write permissions. So when I changed some definitions in .h files could not be saved because I had no permission to write in these files. Hope this will help someone else with the same problem.
Gallymimu

Thank You
-Given: 151
-Receive: 214

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 04:32:27 16:32 »

Ha,

I didn't even notice the date of the original post!!!

I don't know why Zab responded to a 6 month old post and then I just jumped in Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...