The Godfather talking
This is god damn my place! Capisci?
Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:30:59 01:30

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New Forum Section Request(Civil Engineering)  (Read 4663 times)
Civil.Eng88

Thank You
-Given: 11
-Receive: 9

« on: June 25, 2011, 09:42:46 09:42 »

Hey guys, nice to be a part of Sonsivri. Thanks again for inviting me.

My concern is regarding Ebooks Section. I would like to post some engineering books particularly related to Civil Engineering, but there are not any sections related to it. I just wanted to ask if it would be possible to put in a Forum Section for it, so that I may be able to post ebooks, softwares, and other related information.

Also, I didn't want to ask this but I guess I have to since it is related to how I will upload all my shared material.
Is there a convenient way to upload your files to the web so that others can access them?
Only websites that I know are megaupload, fileserve, rapidshare, hotfile, filesonic, and so on.
The only one that I have uploaded on is megaupload and that website only allowed me to upload one file.

Thanks for your time and hope to share as soon as possible.
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 826
-Receive: 4207

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 12:59:27 12:59 »

If you register say with megauload you get a few tools, you can then upload x number of files.
on most uploading/downloading sites a free registration will give other benifits, like 50% less waiting time.

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 656
-Receive: 903

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 08:52:31 20:52 »

If we're to create a new section, I'd rather see mechanical than civil as gearhead stuff applies a lot more to the users on this site.  I doubt most here could care less about Sewage Treatment Plant Illustrated magazine.
Civil.Eng88

Thank You

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 04:11:13 04:11 »

Well, the primary reason I asked was because I wanted to share some ebooks and program software. I did not want to misplace my posts. However, if not Civil Engineering, how about a general engineering forum that does not include the Major Forums that are already up on Sonsivri.

Just one more section that would sort of integrate all the other remaining engineering forums. I don't know if this would be possible but all I would like to do is place Civil engineering material and some programs like sap2000, which I don't think may be on this forum.
solutions

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 06:12:32 06:12 »

Everyone knows to go here for CAD/CAM programs like SAP2000: http://www.sonsivri.com/forum/index.php?board=22.0

As I said, I doubt civil engineering stuff would be of much interest to firmware/software/hardware/gearheads/widgetmakers that are on here.

You'll always have the hoarders and parasites download for their collections or their own download pointer blogs/sites. Suggest you put a sewage plant book up and see how popular it is to disprove my point. 

There are better choices for civil engineering than here, but I'm not going to redirect the two guys that are interested :-)

In other words, nothing is stopping you from posting NOW. I'd start with the more mechanical and structural analysis stuff first so you don't waste bandwidth or your time on uploads.

Posted on: June 26, 2011, 07:03:46 07:03 - Automerged

SAP2000 is at the following link if you want to make a thread for it and describe it - I'm not going to post it after seeing a few minutes of the training video - nobody here designs buildings that I know of:

http://www.filesonic.com/file/r000216945/20165531/CSI.SAP2000.v14.2.2-REDT.part1.rar
http://www.filesonic.com/file/r000216945/20165741/CSI.SAP2000.v14.2.2-REDT.part2.rar
Civil.Eng88

Thank You

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 06:31:12 06:31 »

Well, I guess got type in better search keywords. Didn't see Sap2000.

Moreover, I just felt like I want to share everything I have access to that is all Smiley

Hopefully, in the future, some of my posts will attract some Civil Engineers.

Any suggestions though as to where I could post my ebooks though? Would the computer section be okay? What do you recommend?

This is just my ebooks without solutions manuals. I'm sure some of these books might help the beginners that are starting out in engineering and some that may end up actually going for Civil.

By the way, even after looking at the How to Post thread I am still having trouble attaching images.

[    img]----------------[/img], do we have to upload to some site first that supports image uploading? I have uploaded some pics to http://imageshack.us/.  Just new to uploading pictures in posts.
solutions

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 06:42:06 06:42 »

The mods could probably answer this one better, but I'd start a topic in Computer eBooks called "Civil Engineering Books", if that's what they are, and just keep posting stuff in that thread.

Looking at the views here http://www.sonsivri.com/forum/index.php?board=23.0 gives you an idea of the stuff people are interested in here.

People generally do images as attachments - I did images inline a few times and wound up having to sit in the corner when the image got hacked. Just describing it in words usually works.
sphinx

Thank You
-Given: 606
-Receive: 265

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 06:54:46 06:54 »

there is one other forum i am a member that got loads of the rest of other sorts of engineering and cad stuff
called eng-tips make yourself a member there as well sadorgood not much about nice books or software at that site but lots of people that can help with things that might occur. lots of different groups but if you look for books or software its not exactly the site youre looking for.

regards sph.

laws of physics are not laws at all, just assumptions and formulas that work as long as we don't figure something new that wrecks the calculations. the infinite onion try to peel that one
Civil.Eng88

Thank You

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 07:51:43 07:51 »

That is definitely good to keep in mind sphinx. I will for sure register there as well. Thanks!
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 826
-Receive: 4207

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 11:17:46 11:17 »

Any suggestions though as to where I could post my ebooks though? Would the computer section be okay? What do you recommend?
If you post Programs in Software and Tools and cad in Graphics and CAD and e-books in E-books and Tutorials
If you post the first post in topic then send me link to the post, Then I will make that post a sticky, so it becomes a topic for future posts in your name.

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
kamikazegymnast0
Inactive

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 0

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 10:50:03 10:50 »

Well, the primary reason I asked was because I wanted to share some ebooks and program software. I did not want to misplace my posts. However, if not Civil Engineering, how about a general engineering forum that does not include the Major Forums that are already up on Sonsivri.

Just one more section that would sort of integrate all the other remaining engineering forums. I don't know if this would be possible but all I would like to do is place Civil engineering material and some programs like sap2000, which I don't think may be on this forum.

I agree that a general Engineering page for disciplines that fall outside the majority here could definitely be beneficial!

I know of several colleges and universities at which all engineering disciplines are required to take courses outside their major (i.e. Computer, Electrical, and Software Engineering majors having to take Mechanical Engineering courses).

What might be a better option (at least for the time being until amount of interest can be gauged) is to have a request page set up under a new Engineering page rather than an e-books section.

That way the links don't just sit unused and the time that users like Civil.Eng88 would have taken uploading files isn't wasted..
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 10:52:08 10:52 by kamikazegymnast0 » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...