The Book of CSS3: A Developer's Guide to the Future of Web Design By Peter Gasston
Publisher: No Sta.rch Press 2011 | 304 Pages | ISBN: 1593272863 | EPUB + PDF | 6 MB + 15 MB
CSS3 is the technology behind most of the eye-catching visuals on the Web today, but the official documentation can be dry and hard to follow. Luckily, The Book of CSS3 distills the heady technical language of the CSS3 specification into plain English, so you can get started on your next project right away.
With real-world examples and a focus on results, The Book of CSS3 shows you how to transform ordinary text into stunning, richly detailed web pages fit for any browser. You'll master the latest cutting-edge CSS features, like multi-column layouts, borders and box effects, and new color and opacity settings.
You'll also learn how to:
* Stylize text with fully customizable outlines, drop shadows, and other effects
* Create, position, and resize unlimited background images on the fly
* Spice up static web pages with event-driven transitions and animations
* Apply 2D and 3D transformations to text and images
* Use linear and radial gradients to create smooth color transitions
* Tailor a website's appearance to smartphones and other devices
From the simplest blog layout to the most feature-rich web portal, The Book of CSS3 puts the whole wide world of web design at your fingertips. The future of web design is now—what will you create with it?