TracePro is a comprehensive, versatile software tool for modeling the propagation of light in imaging and non-imaging opto-mechanical systems.
About Lambda Research Corporation
Lambda Research Corporation, a small and fast growing company, is a market leading supplier of optical design software and services to engineers and scientists. Its software tools, TracePro and OSLO, enable product innovation and discovery in fundamental research in the following markets:
- Aerospace and Defense
- Life Sciences
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Information Technology
TracePro is a comprehensive, versatile software tool for modeling the propagation of light in imaging and non-imaging opto-mechanical systems. Models are created by importing from a lens design program or a Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) program or by directly creating the solid geometry in TracePro. Optical properties are assigned to materials and surfaces in the model. Source rays propagate through the model with portions of the flux of each ray allocated for absorption, specular reflection and transmission, fluorescence and scatter. From the model, ray trace, and analyze:
- Light distributions in illumination and imaging systems
- Stray light, scattered light and aperture diffraction
- Throughput, loss, or system transmittance
- Flux or power absorbed by surfaces and bulk media
- Light scattering in biological tissue
- Polarization effects
- Fluorescence effects
- Birefringence effects
TracePro features a simple, intuitive interface, and short learning curve that is both powerful and user-friendly for engineers and scientists of all disciplines.
New Features and Enhancements
- Increased Ray Trace Speed with multithreaded algorithms
- Direction Sensitive Surfaces
- 3-D Textures for RepTiles
- Enhanced Translators for OSLO , CODE V , ZEMAX
- Optimization Utility
- Surface Source Property Utility NEW for quickly modeling light sources from manufacturers' data sheets.