Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:51:40 11:51

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Interesting Idea  (Read 3669 times)
linoko

Thank You
-Given: 3
-Receive: 7

« on: November 23, 2005, 02:08:40 14:08 »

Hi dear Friends,
I'm plan to build to myself a GPS/GSM tracker with PIC, who will send SMS with current coordinates.
But i'm very new in this area, and i'm thinging do You want people to establish an open project.
I've some ideas, sources but dont have enough expirience.
My idea is to make possible all people who want to have a personal tracker to build it, use it for free. That is my dream.
I'll be very glad to see your answers

Nothing is impossible
cside
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 07:14:12 07:14 »

I have been working on this idea for some time already. I was using a Pic 16F876A to read the data from a GPS then parse the data, and store it. The data would then be SMSed or try real time data transfer it over the GSM network. I got as far as simulating a GPS from my Laptop to the pic. I have also purchased a GSM modem to work with but time constraints at work are not allowing much more developement.

I was thinking of scrapping the pic and then build and on board computer. This would allow easier developement as I know a fair amount of delphi. In place of a HDD I would use a cf with adapter for the OS then use a memory stick to store the data and a gsm modem to transmit the position.

The memory stick could then be removed and read back to any PC as a logger.

I would be keen to join an open project for this idea.....
einet

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 1

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 06:22:23 18:22 »

Hi,

and nothing! nobody have sugestions!

einet
andy911
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 03:21:31 03:21 »

Depend upon the mobile phone system. If you are living in country that have not used 3G technology yet. You can simply use simple pic microcontroller with GPS module and connect pic serial port to send sms via your mobile phone. I would say ericssion or siemen c45 should do the job.  At the other end , you can have another mobile phone attached to computer to keep checking for incoming message. You can do this my writing some simple VB program and setup  timer to periodically check and pull data from mobile phone and log the data on pc.

Now I move to USA and the mobile phone system are totally different. I myself now doing the research on this topic too. I plan to use that for vehicle tracking system and map that info to google earth in near real-time.

Best wish

Andy
Unhappy

Thank You
-Given: 991
-Receive: 100

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 04:41:33 16:41 »

http://ebook.blogfa.com/cat-1.aspx here there is a book regarding interfacing GPS to LCD
dech
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 03:13:40 15:13 »

very good Thank you
ckitov
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 02:57:11 14:57 »

Hi Linoko!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...