Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:26:22 10:26

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hem ... PIC18F and ethernet for proteus ?  (Read 7879 times)
orpheedulogis

Thank You
-Given: 10
-Receive: 2

« on: December 04, 2010, 10:51:07 22:51 »

Hi everybody

I would like to try ethernet on simulation but I don't know anything about this.
I need a basic schematic on ISIS and write an application with mikrobasic. Just a basic webpage on my computer to see some datas I will send from my PIC.
I received a RJ45+ENJ28J60+basic components pcb to connect SI, SO,Reset,Vcc ... to the PIC (I will probably choose a PIC18F2685)

I just have installed WinPcap_4_1_2 . Tried to find a proteus example but doesn't find.

Thanks for help
orpheedulogis

Thank You

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 07:27:47 19:27 »

No answer ?

OK. Could someone join me the proteus example for this kind of application and explain me simply how to test it ?

Thanks
metal
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 862
-Receive: 678

Top Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 07:45:44 19:45 »

You say you know nothing, and you think if you see a working example in front of your eyes you will understand how it works, funniest thing I have heard this year... What's the point behind "test it" !!!

Why don't you start reading and learn your self? Search for some compiler that has the necessary libraries for PIC+ECN28J60, for example, you will find mikroe compilers coming with built-in libraries for ECN28J60 support, may be CCS supported this as well, and C18 from microchip already have the ethernet stack for aforementioned chip...

I still don't understand, what is the meaning of "join me" in your post?

Hint: Don't post twice, read the rules !!!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 07:48:46 19:48 by metal » Logged
orpheedulogis

Thank You

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 08:46:37 20:46 »

You say you know nothing, and you think if you see a working example in front of your eyes you will understand how it works, funniest thing I have heard this year... What's the point behind "test it" !!!

Why don't you start reading and learn your self? Search for some compiler that has the necessary libraries for PIC+ECN28J60, for example, you will find mikroe compilers coming with built-in libraries for ECN28J60 support, may be CCS supported this as well, and C18 from microchip already have the ethernet stack for aforementioned chip...

I still don't understand, what is the meaning of "join me" in your post?

Hint: Don't post twice, read the rules !!!

I don't speak english correctly (I'm french) but I think you could be more correct  Roll Eyes

I learned using microcontrolers by myself more than twenty years ago ( 6809 / Z80 ) making some small softs in assembler. I love this but,  as I was electronician, I had not to work with others microcontrolers: I just have to repair.
This mean I understand things about bits configuration or using components (transistors...) BUT I'm not a genius.
Of course I can learn all about world: chemistry, psychology, cooking, russian and english ... and ethernet.
The problem, is I'm not sure I will have the time to be fantastic in everything.
So, when I need something, I try to find a quick/simple solution, not to have someone who do it for me.
For example, my actual soft for my electric motorcycle (  www.motoelectrique.unblog.fr) have about 2000 lines.

So my question was not a "do it for me" one.
I just ask to find a simple way to understand how to communicate between PIC and computer with ethernet.
I can buy or read an enormous book to do this but, in this case, I will lost many time and would have a better choice to find other solution.

The meaning of "join me": it seems there is an example in proteus for ethernet. I can't see it on my computer. So I was asking for someone to send me a link to look at it. That's all.

Also, your red writing "Don't post twice"

Sorry, I don't post twice.
On the other post I asked to find a PIC who would be abble to control I2C and ethernet, here I ask for an simple example to understand how it work.

Hope you will be more pleasant next time  Wink
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 823
-Receive: 4194

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 09:24:47 21:24 »

Metal the Moderator First Language is also not English, was saying, "Why post twice?" was asked 3rd post in topic.
Your second post was
No answer ?

OK. Could someone join me the proteus example for this kind of application and explain me simply how to test it ?

Thanks
This was in fact a bump, or double post.
Well you did not look very hard. problem maybe your search for details on microchip and mikroe products, should start at thier sites.
as for Proteus Demo I see it at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Labcenter Electronics\Proteus 7 Professional\SAMPLES\VSM MPLAB Viewer\Eval Boards\Ethernet
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 09:27:43 21:27 by pickit2 » Logged

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
Parmin

Thank You
-Given: 494
-Receive: 133

Very Wise (and grouchy) Old Man

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 09:42:59 21:42 »

Go over to google and search for "web server in a business card" will give you some example.
Proteus  is not a panacea, you would still need to learn for the subtleties of the component you selected
and the language you decided to write the program in.

If I have said something that offends you, please let me know, so I can say it again later.
orpheedulogis

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 10:03:57 22:03 »

OK. Thanks and sorry for misunderstanding.

I will look to http://hackaday.com/2008/09/25/web-server-on-a-business-card-part-2/
bbarney

Thank You
-Given: 405
-Receive: 545

Uhm? where did pickit put my mute button

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 05:08:01 05:08 »

The guy on this website has done alot of different ethernet project's some good info here
http://members.home.nl/bzijlstra/hardware/hardware.htm
MikroE sells a cheap ethernet board as does Futurlec
http://www.mikroe.com/eng/categories/view/36/communication-boards/
http://www.futurlec.com/Mini_Ethernet.shtml

Ever wonder why Kamikaze pilot's wore helmet's ?
orpheedulogis

Thank You

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 12:52:14 12:52 »

bbarney. Thanks for your link http://members.home.nl/bzijlstra/hardware/hardware.htm
It seems very interesting.
I don't want - at this time- to buy complete board but to make my own. I have a small RJ45-ENC28J60 like on your last link and I will just add this to my board.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...