Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:03:04 12:03

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Professional OEM ADC board wanted  (Read 4860 times)
engamor

Thank You
-Given: 21
-Receive: 13

« on: November 21, 2010, 03:20:10 15:20 »

I am looking for a professional OEM ADC board. I need something with at least:

16 bit resolution at 10KHz
Industrial input range 0-5V, -5 +5V, 0-10V or the like, protected buffered inputs.
NOT a bus oriented board, but a DIRECT parallel or (better) serial interface.
Possibly eurocard or similar form factor.

The most similar thing I found till now is
 http://www.tern.com/portal/content.asp?contentid=791
it is ok on the digital side but a bit poor on the analog front end.

Anybody can give me any clue?
xaralampis
Inactive

Thank You
-Given: 20
-Receive: 5

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 08:32:59 20:32 »

check this

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/207099

NI USB-6216
16-Bit, 400 kS/s Isolated M Series MIO DAQ, Bus-Powered

good quality
a bit expensive
LabVIEWguru

Thank You
-Given: 270
-Receive: 593

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 12:04:30 00:04 »

Analog Devices makes development boards with their popular A/D converters on them. I used one a few years ago to verify all my code up to the hardware point.

Same with Maxim. They both give you software to verify your board and code examples. I bought a development board for a MAX 318 (?) years ago and it was really high quality. Linear Tech also makes great stuff.

The company I used to work for bought tons of parts from Future and Arrow. Sometimes they would just give you the-latest-and-greatest.

Check Ebay also. I see a lot of development stuff there as times are getting hard. I just searched for "Development board."

Check Analog Devices for the AD7714 and AD7715. I've used these in a number of projects and they are phenomenal. (sigma-delta converters)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 12:07:15 00:07 by LabVIEWguru » Logged
kayvee

Thank You
-Given: 98
-Receive: 101

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 06:53:05 06:53 »

Just to elaborate on what LabVIEWguru said above on the Future development boards, you need to register here:

http://www.my-boardclub.com/

They give out free dev boards, but it's good to have a relationship with your local Future representative/FAE as they look to them for guidance whether you are a bona fide developer that is likely to generate device sale before dishing out freebies.  I can verify it does work.
engamor

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 08:03:18 08:03 »

NOT a bus oriented board, but a DIRECT parallel or (better) serial interface.

Thanks to all. Unfortunately I maybe was not clear enough. I need it NOT be a  USB or PCI or PC/104 or anything else board. I need an OEM thing that may be connected direct to a microprocessor in SPI or parallel way.

NOT the sigma delta, I need at least 10KHz sampling rate, or rather should say I need 0.1 millisecond acquisition time AND I need accurate sampling times from a trigger (no way with sigma delta's).

I cannot use a bus oriented board because you (usually) cannot use them without the overhead of an Operating System. Even an embedded operating system is too invasive for what I need to do.

Yes, some EVM boards can do the trick IN PART. If you have a look to some of them they may provide a good input conditionig stage for just ONE input and leave the others as bare as a 0 ohm resistor between the adc chip and the connecting block.
The EVM for the ads8344 would be perfect, in fact, if it had all the input lines completed as they should be.
http://focus.tij.co.jp/jp/lit/ug/slau228/slau228.pdf
Thanks anyhow to all!
LabVIEWguru

Thank You
-Given: 270
-Receive: 593

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 03:42:55 15:42 »

Well, everything still applies. Go to analogdevices.com, pick the a/d you are interested in and see what they have as a development board. Do the same thing with linear tech and maxim. The board I used from analog devices was connected to the SPI of a 68hc11 development board (motorola) and I was ready to go.

AD9467 -  250 MSPS
AD9650 - 16-bit, 25 MSPS/65 MSPS/80 MSPS/105 MSPS Analog-to-Digital Converter

Here you go - 250 million samples per second! Of course, a lot of problems show up at that speed that aren't even a consideration down here in the real world. Unless you are doing research work at the Large Hadron Collider, I don't even know what you would sample at 250 million samples per second, 16 bit.

National Instruments makes several lines of boards that satisfy your requirements. Most have all the processing done on board, so windows isn't a consideration. When you write the software you are essentially configuring the hardware (or passing parameters) to the I/O board. The on-board hardware does all the work, the computer just receives the data. 'Smokin fast at 16 or 24 bit resolution.

Your EVM boards, no matter who it is, is going to expect you to develop the front end of the A/D. Op-Amps and such. Everyone is going to require a different input anyway. This is why God made Linear Tech. (the company)
engamor

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 12:59:28 12:59 »

The problem is still there. Sorry for the wishful efforts of the people around. Whom I thanks anyhow.
The need is for a professional board ready made, not to develop one, which I know perfectly well how to make, if I could (for time and development effort it is not the good answer).
The one I referred first, from TERN, is almost ok, but has a relatively poor front end.
The question is if any other one is suitable, but, please, following my specification, which is clear enough, hopefully.
Thanks.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...