Alex Ruiz, "SolidWorks 2010: No Experience Required"
Sybex | 2010 | ISBN: 0470505435, 0470638176 | 648 pages | PDF | 10 MB
The only continuous, step-by-step tutorial for SolidWorks
SolidWorks is a 3D CAD manufacturing software package that has been used to design everything from aerospace robotics to bicycles. This book teaches beginners to use SolidWorks through a step-by-step tutorial, letting you build, document, and present a project while you learn.
Tools and functionality are explained in the context of professional, real-world tasks and workflows. You will learn the essential functions and gain the skills to use the software at once.
* SolidWorks is a popular design software for manufacturing, and this book introduces it in the context of actually creating an object
* Begins with an overview of SolidWorks conventions and the interface
* Explains how to create models and drawings, create a revolved part and subassembly, and model parts within a subassembly
* Explores modification capabilities and drawing and Bill of Materials templates
* Moves on to top-level assembly models and drawings, Toolbox components and the Design Library, mates, export and printing capabilities, and creating renderings
* Includes a glossary, a foreword from the SolidWorks product manager, and downloadable tutorial files
SolidWorks 2010: No Experience Required quickly turns beginners into confident users of SolidWorks.