The HP48 is a series of calculators using Reverse Polish notation (RPN) and the RPL programming language, produced by Hewlett-Packard (HP) from 1990 until 2003, and is still considered one of the best calculators ever made. It has achieved almost a cult status around the world. In a surprising move HP released the official ROMs for these calculators which allowed the creation of HP48 emulators that ran exactly the same way as the real thing, and in some cases even better than the original.
For more info on the HP48 Series see:http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&search=emu48
This package contains the emu48 HP emulation package plus a highly detailed photo-realistic skin of the HP 48SX calculator, a bit larger than the real calculator when viewed on a 1280x1024 resolution. Click the above image to see a full-size view of the HP48SX AK skin. It also includes 2 manuals, the 612-page "HP 48G Series User's Guide" and the 764-page "HP 48G Series Advanced User's Reference Manual" (besides a few graphics functions the 48G is identical to the 48SX, so 99% of the HP48G manuals apply to the HP48SX). The package also includes an emulator for the PocketPC Windows Mobile, and iPhone.
Full package contents:
* emu48 emulator software for Windows
* emu48 emulator software for PocketPC
* emu48 emulator software for iPhone
* HP 48SX photo-realistic skin for Windows
* HP 48G Series User's Guide
* HP 48G Series Advanced User's Reference Manual
* emu Windows emulators for HP16C, HP38, HP39, HP41CV, HP49, and a few others
* Additional miscellaneous documentation
* Additional ROMs (HP48SX Revision A, B, C, D, E, and J ROMs, a GX ROM, and an unsupported Beta HP49 ROM)
* 11 Goodies disks
* Programs for the HP48SX
The manuals for the HP48SX are currently not available on the Internet, but as soon as they are they will be added to the package.
Most of the contents of this package is freely available from many different places on the Internet, but this is the only package that has bundled it all together. The photo-real AK skin is only available in this package.
Installing the HP48SX with the photo-real skin
1. Unpack HP48.zip to a temp folder
2. Run Emu48v149Setup.exe to install EMU48. Choose the Standard install. The default install path is c:\Program Files\HP-Emulators\Emu48. When install is finished don't start the program.
3. Copy the contents of folder HP48AK to the program folder.
4. Start the program and, when asked, choose the KML script "AK's HP48S/SX" (it's the default script so just click the OK button).
5. The first time the calculator starts it asks if you want to recover memory. Click Yes.
6. The first time you close the calculator it wants to save memory. Click the file "hp48s.e48" and click the Save button to overwrite it. It won't ask you to do this again.
7. When it starts you can uncheck the tick box "Show Script compilation next time" so it doesn't pop up every time you start the calculator.
8. You can replace the standard icon with the one in the install folder.
9. There are 2 manuals included - the 612-page "HP 48G Series User's Guide.pdf" and the 764-page "HP 48G Series Advanced User's Reference Manual" (hp48gaur.pdf). Besides some graphics functions the 48G is almost identical to the 48SX