Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:13:25 15:13

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: hyper terminal help  (Read 5995 times)
chen

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 5

« on: December 31, 2009, 05:49:28 05:49 »

Hi guys.....

I have designed a ckt which uses AT89C52 and am communicating with pc using hyper terminal. when i type 'A' in hyper terminal my ckt starts sending data (all parameters with their values) & when i type 'S' it stops. but 'A' & 'S' are not displyed on ht. Now i want to change values of some parameters through ht. how do i do it as i cannot see what i type on ht. it directly sends the typed character to serial port.

i want to see the typed value on ht. and also it should be sent to the ckt only when enter key is pressed.

ht. settings:
baud rate : 57600
data bits : 8
parity : none
Stop bits : 1
flow control : none

Please help.

thnks in advance
vazolax
 Muted

Thank You
-Receive: 33

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 06:03:53 06:03 »

Don't use hyper terminal. Instead you can use bray's terminal which is very popular and easy to work with it. You can download it from
http://sites.google.com/site/braypp/terminal
frasenci
Translator

Thank You
-Given: 142
-Receive: 84

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 10:43:50 10:43 »

Take your time and check on Hyperterminal´s configuration
This will be usefull for any software you use.

In your case , all you have to do is activate Local Echo.

Hope it helps you

Greetings
chen

Thank You

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 06:28:39 06:28 »

Happy New Year to all

Thanks 4 ur replies, gyus

Don't use hyper terminal. Instead you can use bray's terminal which is very popular and easy to work with it. You can download it from
http://sites.google.com/site/braypp/terminal

I have no choice other than hyper terminal

Take your time and check on Hyperterminal´s configuration
This will be usefull for any software you use.

In your case , all you have to do is activate Local Echo.

Hope it helps you

Greetings

As you suggested, enabling local echo has solved one problem that characters are displayed. but how do i use enter key. i mean if i type 1234 it should not be transmitted to com port until and unless i press enter.

please reply
BharatSujanani

Thank You
-Given: 31
-Receive: 24

All is Well

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 09:09:19 09:09 »

chen
we have also faced the same problem. But we have not found any option therefor now we have created word file with all predefined character sets. And by copy from word then paste in ht, this strings we have solved this problem.

Bharat Sujanani
frasenci
Translator

Thank You
-Given: 142
-Receive: 84

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 09:39:02 09:39 »

When you connect via Hyperterminal comm what you have is a Byte to Byte Serial exchange of information.
Furthermore, when you run Hyperterminal you are "Emulating" a certain kind of machine, a so called "Terminal".
See the attached picture.
I have connected two Hyperterminal "Sesssions" that talk over com1 and com2, both emulating VT100 terminal.
You have both sides an 24 lines x 80 characters screen to work with ( old DOS veterans like me know about this basic screen )
Suprisingly as it might sound, you can, per the arrow keys, or the right control codes send per other software piece, navigate the entire grid of this screen and, for example go and update the values of a and b, Sw1 or Sw2 on the remote side, etc.

On serial communication it is said that its is the "receivers side" job to interpret what it is send to him.
On serial comunication the format is free and it is the receivers software job to know when to stop reading and translate those bytes into a command or the like.... in your example, must wait to receive "1234" = 4 bytes, then wait for Chr(13) wich is Ascii code for "Enter" and then go figure out what to do with that "message" ( 1234).

Although very basic for todays standards, Hyperterminal can do very valuable stuff, provided you program things in the right way.

I have seen Proton´s IDE Serial comm that can be configured the way you want it, "send only when Enter is pressed", but this a special programming of that particular piece of software.

At the end, I think you will have to do a little programing to make things happen the way you want it.

Hope this helps you
Greetings
Francisco

chen

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 03:27:46 03:27 »

When you connect via Hyperterminal comm what you have is a Byte to Byte Serial exchange of information.
Furthermore, when you run Hyperterminal you are "Emulating" a certain kind of machine, a so called "Terminal".
See the attached picture.
I have connected two Hyperterminal "Sesssions" that talk over com1 and com2, both emulating VT100 terminal.
You have both sides an 24 lines x 80 characters screen to work with ( old DOS veterans like me know about this basic screen )
Suprisingly as it might sound, you can, per the arrow keys, or the right control codes send per other software piece, navigate the entire grid of this screen and, for example go and update the values of a and b, Sw1 or Sw2 on the remote side, etc.

On serial communication it is said that its is the "receivers side" job to interpret what it is send to him.
On serial comunication the format is free and it is the receivers software job to know when to stop reading and translate those bytes into a command or the like.... in your example, must wait to receive "1234" = 4 bytes, then wait for Chr(13) wich is Ascii code for "Enter" and then go figure out what to do with that "message" ( 1234).

Although very basic for todays standards, Hyperterminal can do very valuable stuff, provided you program things in the right way.

I have seen Proton´s IDE Serial comm that can be configured the way you want it, "send only when Enter is pressed", but this a special programming of that particular piece of software.

At the end, I think you will have to do a little programing to make things happen the way you want it.

Hope this helps you
Greetings
Francisco

Thanks Francisco

i have done that.

one more question. is there any way to display system time in hyper terminal. i want to log data with respect to time.

thanks again.

regards, chen.
mrpicing

Thank You
-Given: 133
-Receive: 33

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 03:38:03 03:38 »

you can try this. it is a very good terminal with a lot of options.
http://www.fuh-edv.de/docklight/

You can find it on the forum. I have seen it on the forum as i remember...
technovm

Thank You
-Given: 70
-Receive: 110

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 12:50:29 12:50 »

Try out this simple terminal program, works with all systems, no need to install. Just make sure you select device check to no in setting, device control tab.
girish_wabale

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 0

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 07:01:21 19:01 »

Hello,

You can use Serial Communication Checker instead of Hyper terminal which is available at

http://www.asterworld.com/en/

I am extensively using this tool and found quite useful

Regards,
Girish
DreamCat

Thank You
-Given: 223
-Receive: 116

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 04:10:20 16:10 »

here is a free softeware: Tera Term
I know it since I browse Ethernut offical website, they recommond it for the serial port communication and network.

http://logmett.com/index.php?/download/tera-term-467.html

May be I expressed the wrong meaning, sorry for my bad english. Please correct it for me if you can.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...