Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:57:26 13:57

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ferrite toroid manufacturers  (Read 6397 times)
qolpa

Thank You
-Given: 19
-Receive: 5

« on: November 02, 2009, 09:46:09 09:46 »

Hi all,

i am designing a smps and using an ferrite toroid inductance from "magnetics" company.it is te output inductance of a forward converter.(24V 10A)
http://www.mag-inc.com/File%20Library/Product%20Datasheets/Powder%20Core/New%20Powder%20Cores/Toroids/548%20Size/0077071A7.pdf

but it is very expensive one, it takes nearly 1/4 of the whole ciruit cost. also i know "epcos" but they are expensive too.
do you know any manufacturers? maybe from china or taiwan for low cost.
and, do you know the brand of toroids in "mean well" "lambda" or any other power supply company?

Any help will be appreciated
regards

when everthing else fails, read the instructions
petarp

Thank You
-Given: 26
-Receive: 51

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 01:57:29 13:57 »

Hi. look here:
http://www.kaschke.de/

Best regards.
tAhm1D

Thank You
-Given: 103
-Receive: 180

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 04:24:50 16:24 »

Hi,
It is better not to use Chinese origin as they are not reliable and quality is not good rather very poor. If European or American made are costly, then can be switched over to Japanese or Taiwanese products. I had lot of problem with Chinese origin products but found that Taiwanese products are reasonably priced and quality is also satisfactory.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 12:58:41 12:58 by tAhm1D » Logged
MAXPAYNE

Thank You
-Given: 492
-Receive: 359

It's a little funny......

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 04:09:07 04:09 »

Hi,
It is better not to use Chinese origin as they are not reliable and quality is not good rather very poor. If European or American made are costly, then can be switched over to Japanese or Taiwanese products. I had lot of problem with Chinese origin products but found that Taiwanese products are reasonably priced and quality is also satisfactory.

Tahmid, Where do u find taiwanese core in BD ?

Whats the Craziest Project u have done lately...?
tAhm1D

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 04:28:05 04:28 »

Hi MAXPAYNE,
Recently I have collected some from ship breaking yard in Bhatiary in Chittagong.
Earlier, I collected 25 pieces of Japanese origin and 33 pieces of Taiwanese origin ETD 39/44 and EE Core from a shop in Dolai Khal. Though not new, but quality is good. I collected Chinese Origin core of different manufacturers from 5 shops in Patuatuli market and found that,quality of those are very poor. Moreover, I tested some SMPS Chinese IPS,where I found they have used Japanese/Taiwanese cores and performance of those are good. But some IPS with chinese origin core does not provide good performance. My assumption is from my practical experience. After inquiring the price through net, I found that the price of Taiwanese product are reasonable.
regards.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 04:31:08 04:31 by tAhm1D » Logged
MAXPAYNE

Thank You

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 04:58:24 04:58 »

Hi MAXPAYNE,
Recently I have collected some from ship breaking yard in Bhatiary in Chittagong.
Earlier, I collected 25 pieces of Japanese origin and 33 pieces of Taiwanese origin ETD 39/44 and EE Core from a shop in Dolai Khal. Though not new, but quality is good. I collected Chinese Origin core of different manufacturers from 5 shops in Patuatuli market and found that,quality of those are very poor. Moreover, I tested some SMPS Chinese IPS,where I found they have used Japanese/Taiwanese cores and performance of those are good. But some IPS with chinese origin core does not provide good performance. My assumption is from my practical experience. After inquiring the price through net, I found that the price of Taiwanese product are reasonable.
regards.

How do u differentiate between chinese ann taiwanese core ? are they differernt in looking ? if possible pls post pic of them......

thnks in advance .....

tAhm1D

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 06:45:12 06:45 »

Very simple. No need to assume. Chinese versions are purchased new from the source I mentioned and label is there. In some Taiwanese core label were there. Physical appearance and measurement are almost same.
MAXPAYNE

Thank You

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 07:01:56 07:01 »

Very simple. No need to assume. Chinese versions are purchased new from the source I mentioned and label is there. In some Taiwanese core label were there. Physical appearance and measurement are almost same.

i.e. if i buy from patuatully, it will be chinese........right ?

tAhm1D

Thank You

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 07:08:16 07:08 »

Hi,
Yes you are absolutely right. You will get both EE and ETD version.
MAXPAYNE

Thank You

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 08:13:38 08:13 »

Tahmid, I got several damaged ATX power supply (they r chinese, came with casing)............I think the core inside them is taiwanese......what do u think ?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 08:16:17 08:16 by MAXPAYNE » Logged

tAhm1D

Thank You

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 06:34:56 18:34 »

Hi Maxpayne,
Yes,it can be, I am not sure. I have seen that some Chinese manufacturers use Japanese or Taiwanese Cores as those are more reliable and efficient. Check, there may be some sort of marking. 
oldvan

Thank You
-Given: 154
-Receive: 107

If the van is a Rockin'...

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 10:58:40 22:58 »

There are many factors involved in ferrite cores that influence efficiency and reliablilty,
those would include chemistry, particle size, particle density, etc.  NOT a factor is
the country of origin.  You will find both good and bad cores made in each country.

Cores are manufactured to be used at a certain frequency, pass a certain amount
of power, etc.  Use outside its design parameters wil make any core appear to
be inefficient, unreliable, etc.  Experiments using a core without a full
understanding of its design can at best result in incorrect conclusions.

Discussions based on international boundaries are severely pushing the limits
of rule #2:
   Political or religion talks are not allowed!
since politics and not technology draw those boundaries.

This thread sounds terribly of nationalism and prejudice, and others reading it will
get a wrong bad impression of those of us here at Sonsivri.  I would prefer that
minds from any and every country be made to feel welcome here and not insulted by
the prejudicial wordings of a minority of the members.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he will sit around in a boat drinking beer all day.
tAhm1D

Thank You

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 04:23:23 16:23 »

of rule #2:
   Political or religion talks are not allowed!
I differ with the interpretation of rule 2 by you. I don't find any political or religion talks here. If you find,please convey to moderators for action according to rule as we are bound to obey rule.
oldvan

Thank You
-Given: 154
-Receive: 107

If the van is a Rockin'...

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2009, 07:07:59 19:07 »

tAhm1D:  Your discussion speaks repeatedly to country of origin of parts as an indicator
of quality, rather than discussing specific manufacturers or parts. 

As an example, "Toko cores are junk in my experience but CoilCraft ones are excellent."
is a vastly different statement than "Japanese cores are junk but Ameracain ones are great."

National boundaries are drawn by politics and there is no room for politics or prejudice here. 

It is preferrable that Chinese people are not alienated from feeling welcome here because
of a discussion between you and MAXPAYNE where specific parts or specific companies are
not discussed, but instead country of origin and thus politics are measured.

This is not necessarily a topic for moderation, but is definitly an issue of manners and respect.
Obeying the ideals of the rules while avoiding the good they are intended to create either leads
to more rules or hurt feelings.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he will sit around in a boat drinking beer all day.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...