The Godfather talking
Share your stuff or I will make you regret it.
Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:31:50 02:31

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Author Topic: Some of my Home PCB Prints. How r they Nice or Not bad ?  (Read 8606 times)
chandra2sekhar2000

Thank You
-Given: 24
-Receive: 18

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 05:27:13 17:27 »

HELLO usrrsr,
R u from india.if yes where can i get the PCB inks and SilkScreen ink. And one more thing .
What about the Solder mask layer.What ink has to be used for Solder masking? And
Can u tell me the process of Tinning ?
Do u have idea of making Double side Pcbs?if yes where can i get via's for this boards?
THANK u.
usrrsr

Thank You
-Given: 11
-Receive: 6

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 05:02:40 17:02 »

HELLO usrrsr,
R u from india.if yes where can i get the PCB inks and SilkScreen ink. And one more thing .
What about the Solder mask layer.What ink has to be used for Solder masking? And
Can u tell me the process of Tinning ?
Do u have idea of making Double side Pcbs?if yes where can i get via's for this boards?
THANK u.

Yes u r right. I am from India and in that from Mumbai
Inks are as follows

1.  Ink used for tracking and etching (PCB inks )
    Code - CS1882 / CS1881
    Type - "Alkali solluble Acid resist" Blue color (Any color can do)
    Reudcing agent code :- CS2207

2.  Ink used for silk screen (SilkScreen ink)
    Code - CS1861
    Type - "Alkali solluble Acid resist"  (Any color can do)
    Reducing agent code :- 1860

3.  Ink used for Masking or Solder mask layer
    Code - CS1476
    Type - "Alkali solluble Acid resist" Blue colr
    Reducing agent code :- CS2207

Available at

M/s Vrajesh & Bro
Dumping road Mulund
Mumbai
Ph. - 022 - 56065742

For all ink Make is "COATS LTD."

Tinning process is some wat complicated and needs proper investment and is not possible to manufacture it at home. My suggestion is to purchase it directly.

Double sided PCBs using screen printing is highly imposible and not recommended.

Just today i did my screen printing of pcbs and i got 100% OK result with PVC glossy black ink
so before purchasin abve mentioned costly ink, do practice with pvc ink.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 05:18:50 17:18 by usrrsr » Logged
newboy

Thank You
-Given: 42
-Receive: 20

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2009, 03:32:45 15:32 »

usrrsr,

Just to ask your opinion ...

Is it worth to make silkscreen for prototype or customize pcb ?  I mean is it worth of time to make a PCB using silkscreen method instead of toner transfer or UV exposure or you use it (silksreen) for mass production at home.

How many time you use the silkscreen (with diffrent PCB artwork) before it cannot use anymore. How long it's take to produce one PCB ... start from making silkscreen upto the PCB is ready for drilling and soldering ?

Thanks
usrrsr

Thank You
-Given: 11
-Receive: 6

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2009, 06:51:32 18:51 »

usrrsr,

Is it worth to make silkscreen for prototype or customize pcb ?  I mean is it worth of time to make a PCB using silkscreen method instead of toner transfer or UV exposure or you use it (silksreen) for mass production at home.

How many time you use the silkscreen (with diffrent PCB artwork) before it cannot use anymore. How long it's take to produce one PCB ... start from making silkscreen upto the PCB is ready for drilling and soldering ?

Thanks

Screen print is a part of making pcbs and not the whole method. hence you can't directly compare screen print with other method of transferring artwork on copper clad.

Normally to prepre a screen exposing and dring takes arround 2 hour.

but here a normal print on tracing paper will do the work you don't need positive like what is need for photoresist pcbs.

You can imagine if i need 100 pcbs then i must have 100 pcb prints for toner transfer method (assuming no fault while transferring)

In screen printing you just need to change copperclad to satisfy qty needs and hence not only for Mass production but also for prototype you can use it.

because if you order it outside then because of minimum order quantity you won't get it at cheaper rate.

Consumable parts for screen printing are much more cheaper than any other methode.

i have used it 6-7 times.

"How long it's take to produce one PCB ... start from making silkscreen upto the PCB is ready for drilling and soldering ?"
-> Best answer to this would be "depends on when you start and when you finish" mathematically
 Time to complete pcb = Finish time - Start time

this is because this totally depends upon size and nature of pcb

pasanlaksiri

Thank You
-Given: 144
-Receive: 59

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2009, 03:24:51 03:24 »

usrrsr,

Thanks

Screen printing is not worth if you are need just one or two PCBs. U better stick with photoresist pcbs.

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...