Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:28:34 06:28

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PIC security!!  (Read 3300 times)
cooperharris

Thank You
-Given: 72
-Receive: 22

« on: April 22, 2008, 02:52:47 02:52 »

hello friend of  the comunity,  I have been  working   with pic  since  a couple of years  by now, I  would like  to know  the  methods    of security with  the  PICs, I mean   besides the option that you can  put  when  you are burning  the .hex  to the  pic through ic prog for instance to do not aññow  that it could  be read, but  i would  like to know  if  there is  another  way  besides that one  to save  the information  of  our  programs, or  some ways  to crack  the  pics, I mean  all  the  topic  of security  we  have to  keep in mind  to make our  design  stronger.

Another  topic  is for  example  is  you create  a electronical  locker and  some  thief  that  knows about the electronical  stuff   and he  knows  that the  pic  will   just send  a  electrical  pulse  to  the locker  and  he tries   to  break  the pic or  something ,  how  could we increase  the security ?, all ideas are  welcome,  thanks  for  your  time  partners.

Regards,Cooper harris.
zokij

Thank You
-Given: 269
-Receive: 679

Nice time :)

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 05:40:21 05:40 »

Grin Hi Harris,

Roll Eyes Before I start my work with PIC I was use HC11 ... all time I didn't use standard security (protect my design) usually I didn't only protect code I protect design with some extra  electronics on my design like:
MICROWIREвт Bus Interface 256-Bit Serial EEPROM with Data Protect and Sequential Read  (FM93CS06)

about thief ... many alarm systems use PIC ... and electrical pulse is not problem because its dependent on your peripherals connection on pic. All alarms or locker on input, output and bus have some kind of (Isolated) protection like
2.0 Amp IGBT Gate Drive Optocoupler with Integrated Over-current Protection and Fault Feedback (HCPL-3160),
+5V Powered Isolated RS-232 Drivers/Receivers (MAX251),
Isolated Single Output (  RZ-1515S ).....

its dependent on your project what you need, what you wont and of price which you anticipate for project cost ....

Regards Zoki
cooperharris

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 06:39:28 06:39 »

hello zoki,  thanks  for you answer, I understand that it  is all related  with cost  of  the  design you  want to get,  but coudl you  give me  some information  about the way to connect the components  you said  for secure  the pics?,  or  maybe updoal  some document about it,  thanks , regards,

cooper harris.
zokij

Thank You

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 12:44:17 00:44 »

Roll Eyes Yes I will give you more information about connecting some component peripherals to PIC but first give me some your project demand - request , and I will give you example - document , find component for your needs .... give me your story and I will make some example schematic for you  Wink
cooperharris

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 12:45:55 00:45 »

alright ,  thank  you partner!,I will  get  it as  soon as  I can.
zokij

Thank You

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 12:48:12 00:48 »

For me its will be pleasure, I like help if I can  Grin
Anything you need you can ask ...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...