Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:33:00 23:33

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: best pic programmer (starter)  (Read 4856 times)
willrocker

Thank You
-Given: 9
-Receive: 3

« on: March 18, 2008, 07:02:56 19:02 »

hi i was wondering what compiler i should use for my first time programming pics i would like to use basic any ideas would be greatly appreciated
MAXPAYNE

Thank You
-Given: 492
-Receive: 359

It's a little funny......

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 07:28:13 19:28 »

U can start with Proton PICBASIC..............

Whats the Craziest Project u have done lately...?
ez
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 04:38:01 04:38 »

I started out with Picbasic Pro from microEngineering Labs.  I was a complete newbie to PIC programming, but picked it up right away.  I did dabble a bit with Proton as mentioned above, but went back PB Pro since I was pretty comfortable with it by then.  Hope that helps!

Cheers!
Ethan

hi i was wondering what compiler i should use for my first time programming pics i would like to use basic any ideas would be greatly appreciated
gedonet

Thank You
-Given: 20

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 05:19:13 05:19 »

Hi
If you know basic language a basic compiler is a good idea, but if you don't know basic assembler is not very difficult only 35 instructions to learn for 16F. All is free (MPLAB) and you can find many example on the net and all routines of Microchip for mathematic, motor control, communication, etc.
Gilles 
JohnnyT
Inactive

Thank You
-Given: 10
-Receive: 0

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 01:32:06 01:32 »

Hi there,

I think the best thing to do is to use what languge you have already used before and are more familiar with.

If you have programmed in basic for the PC then go for a basic compiler. This will help you to get going until you have some knowledge of the microcontroller specifics without worrying too much about how to write correctly in assembler. You can focus on the PIC internals.

Then you can use assembler if you like to find out what really goes on under the 'hood'.

And last but not least, if your compiler produces commented assembly, you can see what each basic command is "made of"!!!
ninjammx
Inactive

Thank You
-Given: 6
-Receive: 0

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 04:48:09 04:48 »

My share idea.
1. If you are ever use any microcontroller before (MCS51, PIC, ARM, ....).
    You can chose the Langauage you like or you have experience. like a C, Basic, ASM.
2. If you never have experience with any microcontroller.
    You should learn Assembly for the basic step first.

This just my personal idea.
MAXPAYNE

Thank You
-Given: 492
-Receive: 359

It's a little funny......

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 07:44:28 19:44 »

But Assembly at starting will be a bit tough......

Whats the Craziest Project u have done lately...?
Denthe777
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 02:31:47 02:31 »

I agree with upper rep but I think If you want in dept you should learn ASM but not to use to write programing but learn for understanding.
jasonix

Thank You
-Given: 48

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 04:24:17 16:24 »

I agree with guys recommend you start with assembler, in order to know hardware very well. The work is studied carefully the code to relationed it with the real circuit, I/O, Registers, Memory, Peripherics, etc. Then you can choice C or Basic to develop faster any complex project because in assembler one spend more time.

phophollety

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 1

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2008, 10:06:01 22:06 »

Anyone should start with the asm always, as hard as it is, the asm is the best school of logic, algoritm training and hardware discovery, starting with the "led blink" is a great begin, after you can try the AD  and lcd display is also a good choice... a very nice and also, very hard routine are the math ones, so study as much as you can about then, they will make you learn a lot about how the world of processing works... 1 encourage you to study at list 1 month of asm if you wanna learn into a intermediate way...

Good luck!

(start with the pic16... is my advice)
sherm

Thank You
-Given: 14
-Receive: 9

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 02:26:39 14:26 »

I came across to Pic microcontrollers a year or so after I discovering the AT90S8535 and "Hotchip" platform. The included IDE and compiler were horrible and it was almost enough to turn me off the idea of learning more about programmable microcontrollers. Thankfully, I saw an article in SiliconChip magazine on building programming board for the Pic 16F84. That changed my view entirely. I started coding using PicBasic Pro and have never looked back. For the sort of projects I do, it has served me very well. I've embedded a little ASM on occasion and thankfully haven't had any issues to date. I keep meaning to look more into C as an avenue of exploration but have yet to follow that through to fruition.

So as far as getting started, for speed of learning and the ability to see things happening quickly, my money is on PicBasic Pro. Once you're comfortable with one language, it's a lot easier to try out others and compare them against what you already know.

Good luck with it all Smiley
antico2

Thank You
-Given: 10
-Receive: 2

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 03:10:18 15:10 »

Hi everyone, I've saw another basic compiler for PIC, the pic basic of Proton. Do you know him ?
for a newbie like me is better what's ?

regards
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...