Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:41:52 06:41

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: WebCam for MATLAb  (Read 3370 times)
TirthankarMukherjee
« on: January 28, 2008, 07:42:40 19:42 »

What kind of WebCam would be good for capturing video.. then getting the snapshot ... and processing the Image using MATLAB... I dont need really fast processing..as I want to guide my bot to a specific direction with the help of the WebCam ( palced 5-6 ft above my arena, a fixed position for every time .. so that I can see my bot and the goal .. both having specific colours .. eg : green/Red ... ) .. I would like to send data to my bot MCU using RF module .. via serial port.. the direction would be given by PC (MAtlab) through serial port.. data to be sent would be R,L,F,B.. etc.. My bot speed is arround 5cm/sec ( I know its really slow) ... would I go for VGA or the Megapixel one ...

Thanks in Advance...
trace

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 0

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 02:17:10 14:17 »

I have done a few projects with Matlab using webcam. One of them is a security cam, that finds moving objects and calculates their locations.

When your bot is enaough big and webcam is in enaugh distance to the plane I think VGA cams is enaugh for you. And I think when your bot seems in captured picture bigger than  10 pixel x 10 pixel, than you can make your calculations easly.

The linearity of captured images is important too. On images, captured with most webcams, the straight lines (when they are colser to edges of the view angle) seems like curves. And this will be cause wrong calculations on navigation.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...