The Godfather talking
This is god damn my place! Capisci?
Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:59:23 22:59

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Taobao , 1688 , tmall ... electronics purchase experience  (Read 5437 times)
danymogh
 Muted

Thank You
-Given: 14
-Receive: 24

« on: March 19, 2021, 04:35:54 16:35 »

Since there is a so-called wafer shortage as of 2021, a lot of popular component distributors like Digikey, Mouser, etc do not have mainstream MCUs in stock or their price is high.

Because of my current production of my key FOBs I'm forced to choose cheaper MCUs and I have come across Chinese websites like Taobao , 1688 etc that claim to have those parts at very cheaper prices. recently I tried purchasing from them, however, the seller said they don't have anything in stock right now.

I want to know if anybody has any experience from purchasing from those websites and if has any recommendation about them, like items being fake, copy, High-copy, etc.

also, there are some very cheaper Chinese MCUs like the MS80 series manufactured by origin-gd.com and www.fremontmicro.com with their cheap 8 but series MCUs, I'd be glad if anyone could share their experience from those MCUs if they have any.
2Code

Thank You
-Given: 10
-Receive: 237

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 03:39:23 15:39 »

I ordered some of these cheap chips from Aliexpress, Ch55x are clones of C51 series with USB interface. Because I haven't ordered in bulk quantity I got 30 cents/piece with free transport. I didn't get them yet but looks like the supplier was not in shortage. Can't telll more for the moment, I am waiting for them to see how they work. Best regards!
XxMohannadxX

Thank You
-Given: 23
-Receive: 78

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 06:42:36 06:42 »

i alaways get items from Taobao and tmall  there is a fake and real original chips how i can help you?
danymogh
 Muted

Thank You

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 08:17:40 08:17 »

i alaways get items from Taobao and tmall  there is a fake and real original chips how i can help you?

We're are only sharing experiences, how can you tell which seller is supplying fake chips and another is selling original ones? is there a rule of thumb we should know about? how can you distinguish the sellers?
towlerg

Thank You
-Given: 474
-Receive: 104

What is this for?

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 11:11:34 11:11 »

We're are only sharing experiences, how can you tell which seller is supplying fake chips and another is selling original ones? is there a rule of thumb we should know about? how can you distinguish the sellers?
Although I buy on eBay I guess its pretty much of a muchness. I usually discount the cheapest, then go on sales volume and positive freeback.

Win 7 Ult x64 SP1 on HP2570p
optikon
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 1092
-Receive: 2000

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 02:38:25 14:38 »

.... is there a rule of thumb we should know about? .....

Yep, - you get what you pay for. You surely wouldn't be selling anything made with components from shady suppliers right?

I can explain this to you. I can't comprehend it for you.
CocaCola

Thank You
-Given: 169
-Receive: 232

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2021, 07:30:16 19:30 »

One thing to note about some of these fly-by-night Asian sites, if they don't use an established online payment service, use a disposable credit card...  It's been a while since I made a purchase from one of these fly-by-night Asian supply sites but in the past, it was legit about a 50/50 chance I would have to cancel the credit card used because of fraudulent charges about a month later...

And beware some will sell you totally fake chips, they will remove the original silkscreen on whatever chip and print new counterfeit silk and logo on it...  Others will sell legit chips, but who knows if they are legit 1st run chips, they very well could be bad batches snatched from dumpsters...

That said I have found some real bargains, but it's always a roll the dice game, and not always the fault of the seller either, sometimes they get screwed by their suppliers...
danymogh
 Muted

Thank You

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 07:55:10 07:55 »

Yep, - you get what you pay for. You surely wouldn't be selling anything made with components from shady suppliers right?

Actually if the chip I'm buying is what I'm expecting I'd sell it. I'm giving warrantees on my products so the customer wouldn't need to worry about that!
Magnox

Thank You
-Given: 976
-Receive: 279

Oink!

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2021, 06:21:17 18:21 »

An interesting document when considering purchases from such places:

https://www.cti-us.com/pdf/CCAP-101InspectExamplesA6.pdf
CocaCola

Thank You
-Given: 169
-Receive: 232

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2021, 01:11:09 01:11 »

I'm giving warrantees on my products so the customer wouldn't need to worry about that!

I certainly don't know your customer base, warranty or not if you start having a lot of unhappy customers with failed products that generally is not good for business and word generally spreads fast...  Plus the cost to do all those warrantees is going to slaughter any savings you thought you were making...

IMO don't be penny wise and dollar stupid when you are in business it rarely works out...
bobcat1

Thank You
-Given: 4147
-Receive: 89

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2021, 11:18:08 11:18 »

Hi all

You can start working with the GD32VF103 -Risc-V microcontroller from GigaDevice ,It is a compatible part to STM32F103 cost almost half and currently available.
I have try this device in one project - it is looking stable and have good driver & example library with almost no bugs with in. 

I use professional tool's for code compiling & debug - I can't guarantee stability working with other tools as I have no experience.

All the best

Bobi     

medik

Thank You
-Given: 75
-Receive: 4

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2021, 04:27:53 04:27 »

Hi all

You can start working with the GD32VF103 -Risc-V microcontroller from GigaDevice ,It is a compatible part to STM32F103 cost almost half and currently available.
I have try this device in one project - it is looking stable and have good driver & example library with almost no bugs with in. 

I use professional tool's for code compiling & debug - I can't guarantee stability working with other tools as I have no experience.

All the best

Bobi     

I will like to try this out. By professional tools, do you mean Keil uVision?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...