The Godfather talking
You think I am funny guy huh?
Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:10:48 03:10

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Kitchen timer with contactless gesture control.  (Read 3026 times)
Catcatcat

Thank You
-Given: 275
-Receive: 1524

« on: March 07, 2021, 02:51:03 14:51 »

Fully assembled board option with built-in PSU, input voltage 100-240 volts.

The idea in the beginning was that modern gesture control interfaces are becoming more and more attractive. Kitchen timer control adds convenience that there is no need to twist or touch something to set the time, but just make a few hand movements in the air and the countdown has started.

Naturally, making a simple kitchen timer is not cost-effective, so decide to add a calendar to it and a real-time clock has been added to the device.

And since the kitchen timer is its place in the kitchen, the idea of monitoring the health of the gas stove was added, which, as it turned out, is not only relevant for Ukraine, but also for Europe, when a malfunction of gas equipment can lead to tragedy.

During testing, it turned out that the same sensor can significantly expand the functions of the gas analyzer, so that it effectively responds to air pollution. Polluted indoor air can greatly affect human health, and at the same time, a person himself may not be aware of air pollution and at the same time not understand why his mood changes and fatigue appears.

The increased number of functions required remote control. Well, modern devices, how can they be without the Internet. From here the WEB interface has grown, in which you can configure any parameters of the kitchen timer.

The WEB interface has been made multilingual. The interface language is selected automatically and depends on the browser language used by the user.

The logic of work is as follows, if the timer does not find the language that it has in memory, it gives the English version.

By default, the timer has two languages English and Ukrainian. The third language will depend on the localization. A preliminary version of EN / UK / RU is now ready for testing. The English version is currently being tested.

To finish the project, I need help localizing the versions. Looking for people who are interested in getting a version in his native language.

What can I suggest.

I am giving you your localized version of the firmware, and you will be able to make and replicate this device yourself.

At your request, I can enter your name and country in the description and on the first page of the timer WEB interface.

I can provide a case kit and a board for self-assembly, but you will have to pay for this.

If you are interested in the project, write in a personal or mail me.

And now, if anyone is interested, there is a ready-made firmware for a kitchen timer without a WEB interface. Scheme and description.

p/s/ I apologize for my "French" I use Google translator for communication  Grin
snowman

Thank You
-Given: 177
-Receive: 53

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 08:00:33 08:00 »

I would be happy to localize software to Turkish. Also I have to say that I desperately need that kind of gesture controlled timer in my kitchen. I use a classic one but its not enough. I also thought about using an android tablet for it. Also I can pay for it but unfortunately you cannot send it to me because of silly customs problems and abnormal tax rates. my county is trying to block imports because of hte value of local currency. Bu I can translate it free of charge if you send me an excel table or code itself. I can change only the texts and send you back.  Or maybe a remote solution ? It won't be a problem as I'm a programmer.

I salute  your for this great idea.

May I ask if your application can handle multiple timers at once ? For potatos I use 9 minute timer, for chicken 2 minutes, for pees someting more... And is it configureable ?

Catcatcat

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 09:24:10 09:24 »

I would be happy to localize software to Turkish. Also I have to say that I desperately need that kind...

Hi Snowman!
In the kitchen timer, when the timer is activated, you set the duration. The next time the timer is activated, it will offer you the last set parameter.
But you suggested an option that it might be interesting to add to the WEB interface when you have several presets for cooking different dishes. We need to think about this.

On the issue of translation localization, I do this: I myself fully translate the description into your language via google translator. Then I send the received version of the translation of the description to you, you, as a native speaker, correct the mistakes. If you have any questions you ask me and we together change the description to achieve an understanding of the timer functions.
Then I will correct the messages in the VUB interface, you will remotely go to the kitchen timer and check the correctness of the messages.
If you give the go-ahead that there are no errors for your language in the received version of the timer firmware, then I will send you your localized firmware. You have the right to make a product and replicate your version.
Scheme and firmware for a timer without a WEB interface, see the link in the attachment.
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 655
-Receive: 900

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 08:43:29 20:43 »

It's a really cool implementation...I'm trying to think of other applications for it because:

"Hey Siri - countdown timer two minutes ten seconds" is already there and works well at no extra cost.
Catcatcat

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 08:11:25 08:11 »

The original idea is gesture control. I have purchased sensors from several manufacturers. And started testing starting with the most inexpensive ones. The last one in testing was PAJ7620U2, it cost $ 2.9. It was the most expensive (now its price has risen to 3.4-3.5 bucks). But when I started working with him, I realized this is the sensor that I needed. Its characteristics and capabilities are amazing. Gestures are only part of its capabilities. And gesture control is so perfect and simple that there was no doubt that I would make devices with gesture interfaces on this sensor.

https://www.pixart.com/products-detail/37/PAJ7620U2

With a declared distance of 20 cm, it normally detects gestures at 30. A very flexible setting system. But in order to get information, I had to conclude an NDI agreement with the manufacturer and this gave a huge understanding of the functionality of the PAJ7620U2.
If you have a desire to get started with gesture control interfaces choose PAJ7620U2.
Catcatcat

Thank You

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 09:53:31 09:53 »

These are three mounting options for the kitchen timer.

She is a stand - for installation on a shelf. And two mounts high and low under the shelf, depending on the need.

snowman

Thank You
-Given: 177
-Receive: 53

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 03:26:06 15:26 »

Thank you. Whatever you need, just tell me.

And wow... you really prent time to all these schematics and pdf documents. I'm amazed. Great job.

Hi Snowman!
In the kitchen timer, when the timer is activated, you set the duration. The next time the timer is activated, it will offer you the last set parameter.
But you suggested an option that it might be interesting to add to the WEB interface when you have several presets for cooking different dishes. We need to think about this.

On the issue of translation localization, I do this: I myself fully translate the description into your language via google translator. Then I send the received version of the translation of the description to you, you, as a native speaker, correct the mistakes. If you have any questions you ask me and we together change the description to achieve an understanding of the timer functions.
Then I will correct the messages in the VUB interface, you will remotely go to the kitchen timer and check the correctness of the messages.
If you give the go-ahead that there are no errors for your language in the received version of the timer firmware, then I will send you your localized firmware. You have the right to make a product and replicate your version.
Scheme and firmware for a timer without a WEB interface, see the link in the attachment.

Catcatcat

Thank You

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 03:45:06 15:45 »

My opinion is that literally two years will pass and devices with gesture control will simply blow up our understanding of control interfaces. Just as capacitive sensors have largely supplanted button interfaces, gesture-based control interfaces will replace capacitive (tactile) interfaces in the near future. Smiley
Catcatcat

Thank You

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 11:39:23 11:39 »

As noted by friends from America - added switching of the choice of displaying the temperature Celsius or Fahrenheit.

As noted by friends from Turkey - added a stack of presets.

Cheesy
Catcatcat

Thank You

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2021, 11:38:38 11:38 »

Firmware for kitchen timer with WEB interface V0.27
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...