Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:49:52 10:49

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Author Topic: PIC KIt 3 programming Error  (Read 34548 times)
flyback

Thank You
-Given: 73
-Receive: 39

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2018, 08:26:40 08:26 »

I got the same problem with Pickit3: Target Device ID (00000000) does not match Expected Device ID...
Pickit2 do not have this behavour.

I follow the recommendation in
http://www.microchip.com/forums/m753427.aspx

download
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/PICkit3%20Programmer%20Application%20v3.10.zip

Run it using admin right to download new firmware & change to MPLAB mode (tools->revert to MPLAB mode)

it works now, device IC is finally recognized. I use MPLab 8.92, on Windows 10 32bit (vers 1804)

Good luck.

Posted on: May 16, 2018, 02:22:05 02:22 - Automerged

PS: I remembered now: I just did "tools->revert to MPLAB mode".
then back in MPLAB 8.92. The MPLAB now downloaded the corresponding firmware.
Poty

Thank You
-Given: 52
-Receive: 10

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2020, 01:29:41 01:29 »

As a few fellows said, the problem is usually a faulty connection. Double check eeach one, and verify wheter the circuit is connected to an external power source or to the Pickit 3 source. Keep in mindo that Pickit 3 power source is limited, and if your circuit needs more power than it has, you`ll have to connect it to an external source. In that  case, select "no power from pickit 3 (or so...)" from the mplab menu, and obviously, verify that pickit 3 is perfectly protected. After that, remember that pickit needs some software depending on the pic family that you´re programming, so, let it get that from internet, it does this automatically. And after all that, if you keep getting this error, start to thonk that you probably blowed up your pic. But double check all once again, just to be sure.

As an example, once I was becoming crazy with this error, and the problem was the way the pickit was connected to a test board. It uses a 6 wires RJ11, and the socket on the test board was loose, and made bad contact. So, you can find bad contacts almost in every part, so you must become paranoid..   Shocked Grin

Just kidding, but a nice check is allways good.

Regards,

You can't have your cake and eat it too... except if you do.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...