Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:17:45 06:17

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Great COW Basic Compiler for PIC/AVR  (Read 7984 times)
ph1lw31
Inactive

Thank You
-Given: 10
-Receive: 0

« on: April 24, 2018, 07:17:09 19:17 »

Great COW Basic Compiler for PIC/AVR

Just started getting into programming again after having the need to gain some brownie points at work Smiley (My Job role changed and don't have to so much electronics design)

We have a product at work which has an Ethernet interface, which has 3 devices - 2 rotating high power Lasers (500m range) & a controller which are all connected via a Black Box 8 Way Ethernet Switch.
Now part of the QC/Test process is to exercise the Ethernet Ports - So what we do is apply power to the Product, wait 60 seconds to wait for the products to boot etc, then we ping the devices individually and test for the correct reply, if the replies are OK we then power cycle the product and repeat for > 100 cycles.

So for this project i looked into a getting a new compiler and came across Great COW Basic Compiler - http://gcbasic.sourceforge.net/Typesetter/index.php/Home
Now this looks to have a come a long way, with support for many PIC'S and AVR's, but best of all it is free!

Anyway the project is now complete and working happily away
towlerg

Thank You
-Given: 474
-Receive: 104

What is this for?

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 08:55:41 08:55 »

I had a play with GC using PIC and I was quite impressed, they've moved on a bit in the last few years. The IDE is nice and there is a stand alone tool for PPS which is much easier to use than the equivalent in MpLabx. 

Win 7 Ult x64 SP1 on HP2570p
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...