Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:39:31 01:39

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New Section dedicated to Micro/Mini PC boards (Android TVBOXes, Khadas VIM)  (Read 7457 times)
PICker

Thank You
-Given: 207
-Receive: 109

« on: December 11, 2017, 06:07:08 06:07 »

The new trend in consumer electronic is about Micro/Mini PC boards (Android sticks/TVBOXes, Khadas VIM/VIM2, Intel Micro PCs etc.)
It could be interesting to discuss about their characteristics and differences in a separate section of the forum.
Just for starting: https://www.khadas.com/vim
Please let me know how do you think about.
Signal

Thank You
-Given: 111
-Receive: 81

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 02:26:29 14:26 »

I personally am not interested in a copy/paste section or in a section with just a bunch of external links found by google.

Give a right name to a right game and play it right
PICker

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 02:41:22 14:41 »

I agree with you.
You and me, for example, can contribute with original materials.
 Smiley
Signal

Thank You

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 02:51:11 14:51 »

I agree with you.
No you don't. Actually I thought about all these "Have a look to these links:" posts that you are the master of.

PICker

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 05:37:05 17:37 »

I've received 51 Thank You for "these links".
It is possible that I do not like to "reinvent the wheel" for each post.
However, I understand that you are not interested in the topic I proposed.
It is okay for me.
 Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 05:46:03 17:46 by PICker » Logged
Signal

Thank You

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 08:49:08 20:49 »

I've received 51 Thank You for "these links".
I am not challenging your achievements. I just can not consider them as "original materials".

It is possible that I do not like to "reinvent the wheel" for each post.
People are not "reinventing the wheel" answering what they know - do not shuffle concepts. If they do not know they can give an external link to a long thread of similar discussion saying "you can read this forum too".

It was my mistake. I had not to talk about your style of contribution (this is offtopic after all). I just used it as an example of what as a content does not worth a separate forum section IMO.

You definitely do a work trying to help people by searching the web for theirs task. And often it helps. I was the one (or more) from 51. But that kind of help is not the same as support by recommended approaches from personal experience viewpoint.

However, I understand that you are not interested in the topic I proposed.
It is okay for me.
 Smiley Smiley
You understand mistakenly. I am not interested in a list of links carefully collected from google page after "Mini PC board" query. I can ask google myself.
General Rules:
<...>Copied knowledge isn't worth anything. So if you gonna publish anything, you had to known about it.<...>

Please let me know how do you think about.
If you have one "original material" for discussed topic there is the "Projects" section perfectly suited for it.
Or do you encountered a significant number of posts in "Projects" that can be detached to separate section?
Currently it seems all you have is a news about new class (new?) of devices that worth one post. And here it is.

PICker

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 12:29:11 00:29 »

I continue to agree with you because you are "free to be not interested in a list of links carefully collected from google page after "Mini PC board" query.
You can ask google yourself".
Some People may take advanteges from OUR efforts (no one of OUR posts can be defined as "plagiarism" and, personaly, I prefere the "link" than the "copy-and-paste" operation).
I read your posts and they are very accurate and exaustive but it does not seem to me that we are engaged in a competition.
I thank you also because You have a lot of time for explaining me your point of view and I continue to respect your position but nobody asked you for a list of links.
Nobody asked you to do something.
Finally, I'm very curious about your interest in my posts but (unfortunatly) my time is limited and I prefere to use it in a more productive manner.
Have a good day.
 Smiley Smiley Smiley

Signal

Thank You

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 02:40:57 14:40 »

What a farce, of course we a not agree, we are arguing.
And we did not talk about freedom to do things or to share thoughts without being asked for - you continue to distort.
Good to know that you are productive. But wait, does it mean that you are too busy and have no time to prepare original material on proposed subject yourself?
Could you not escape from the question (this time explicit) - do you consider a list of links as original material?

PICker

Thank You

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 06:46:41 18:46 »

Yes, also a a list of links may be considered as an original material, when selected and proposed critically (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literature_review).
Just to be clear, in my scientific papers (more than 200, mainly in Q1 Journals) I consider "original" only a small part of the content resulting from experimental data, in general the rest is already proved and discussed by other authors. Do you agree at list with this affirmation?
We can continue for a while whit this discussion, I'm starting to have fun but please suggest a new subject for this topic.
What do you think about "The Art and the Science of the Forum Communication"?
Thank you for your renewed attention.
 Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 06:52:04 18:52 by PICker » Logged
wild

Thank You
-Given: 584
-Receive: 451

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 08:57:35 20:57 »

The site is not visible at all with a plain HTML browser (like links or lynx or Firefox with noscript): MAYBE it can be interesting, but I will not visit it!!!
Signal

Thank You

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 10:56:21 22:56 »

Yes, also a a list of links may be considered as an original material, when selected and proposed critically (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literature_review).
Distortion again. Review consists of thoughts about read literature not just of a list of that literature.

Just to be clear, in my scientific papers (more than 200, mainly in Q1 Journals) <...>
And your smile is wider, I see ;). So what? Should somebody be afraid? Or envy? Or bow?
Does it mean that your thoughts and experience are too precious for that forum to be posted and your requests to google are just enough?
It is not extraordinary when people declare theirs respectability as argument, you know.
("Can your lordship read?" <...> "Takest me for a clerk? I trow I am not of a blood that --")

<...> I consider "original" only a small part of the content resulting from experimental data<...>Do you agree at least with this affirmation?
It appears that actually you see the difference clearly! And finally we could agree.
You can not publish in any journal an article that consists only of "I read the following papers" list. It is possible in forum and could be useful but not enough for new section.

We can continue for a while whit this discussion,
No need. Everything is clear.
I was not careful enough and caused you to defend. That was not my intention. I am sorry.
I had to say that do not consider your contribution useless more explicitly. I had not to use “copy/paste” words in possible connection with your activity that is not justly at all.
You did not have to protect your rights to post “"Have a look to these links:" posts that you are the master of”. I did not expect that I were saying something that you are not proud of. I intended to answer your question explaining why the idea does not look nice for me - because of my expectations.

I'm starting to have fun
It is not fun at all, it is frustrating to stumble over some of your lists of links posted in patronizing manner (habit with students?). That is my delayed subjective (or biased) feedback (karma?). Maybe I had not to allow myself to express my attitude as I did. Still am not sure.

but please suggest a new subject for this topic.
I suggest you to finally share with us your original "small part". Do you have an experience with Khadas VIM after all? Let’s discuss what you know. We don’t need a new section for that, I think.

What do you think about "The Art and the Science of the Forum Communication"?
Am not an expert in that.  But you?

And please, take care of yourself, your smile becomes dangerously wide ;)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 10:59:39 22:59 by Signal » Logged

PICker

Thank You

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 01:05:26 13:05 »

https://sunwarrior.com/healthhub/15-health-benefits-of-smiling
 Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
fpgaguy

Thank You
-Given: 154
-Receive: 166

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2017, 08:45:16 20:45 »

I took a look at that VIM board but they are not giving out the schematic / layout except as a PDF so it's not so useful really
It's a cool board, but there are other examples out there that provide this data
PICker

Thank You

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2017, 08:04:27 08:04 »

The Khadas VIM/VIM2 documentation seems to be complete (despite not provided in a sch format).
VIM is an interesting project because of the exposition/direct access  of GPIO pins like a High level Raspeberry Pi.
Also the customized OSes (Android, Ubuntu,LibreELEC) allow a more extended and hardware-related development.
I'm interested in this particular combination of CPU/GPU that seems to be the last standard used in this particular market segment (TV-Boxes):
CPU: Amlogic S912 64Bit Octa Core ARM Cortex-A53
GPU: 750MHz ARM Mali-T820MP3 GPU
Also other projects (i.e. Alfawise H96 Pro+) are based on the same configuration.

Can you provide more information about that?
fpgaguy

Thank You
-Given: 154
-Receive: 166

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2018, 08:48:14 20:48 »

this is complete open source design that has been tested, and the designer is good
http://www.imx6rex.com/
He uses it for his classes and also some shipping products

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...