Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:09:14 15:09

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Help on AC Inverter Generator  (Read 3185 times)
Codeman

Thank You
-Given: 31
-Receive: 20

« on: January 27, 2016, 08:41:05 08:41 »

Hi All,
I was challanged to participate in a project that involves an inverter generator. A motor genaretes an AC voltage (alternator), that is converted to DC, regulated and then converted back to AC (single phase 230V pure sinewave).

Does anyone have some experience on this? Schematics, examples, APP notes to put me on the right track?

TIA

Parmin

Thank You
-Given: 494
-Receive: 133

Very Wise (and grouchy) Old Man

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 09:07:25 21:07 »

I think a sinewave UPS do this, I am sure many examples are available.

If I have said something that offends you, please let me know, so I can say it again later.
Qiaozhi

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 0

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 10:18:35 22:18 »

Hi All,
I was challanged to participate in a project that involves an inverter generator. A motor genaretes an AC voltage (alternator), that is converted to DC, regulated and then converted back to AC (single phase 230V pure sinewave).

Does anyone have some experience on this? Schematics, examples, APP notes to put me on the right track?

TIA

It depends on how complicated to want to make it. For instance, you haven't specified the input voltage, and the output current.
However, one simple solution presents itself immediately. Why not use the alternator to charge a battery, while at the same time use the battery to drive a commercially available off-grid inverter. There's lots of cheap inverters available on eBay or Amazon.
bigtoy

Thank You
-Given: 322
-Receive: 297

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 05:25:12 05:25 »

>> A motor generates an AC voltage.... then converted back to AC (single phase 230V pure sinewave)

Hmm, I think I've heard of such a thing. A magical device that changes AC into AC. I believe it's called a: transformer!  :-)

Any reason you wouldn't use one?  Are you trying to change the frequency of the AC?
medik

Thank You
-Given: 75
-Receive: 4

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 05:36:06 05:36 »

There are two key areas in your project.
1. Rectifying the AC voltage of the alternator such that the DC is filtered and capable of driving the inverter.
2. The inverter itself should be stable and reliable.
Are you going to build pure sine wave inverter from scratch or use an existing inverter board?
Codeman

Thank You
-Given: 31
-Receive: 20

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 06:59:32 06:59 »

>> A motor generates an AC voltage.... then converted back to AC (single phase 230V pure sinewave)

Hmm, I think I've heard of such a thing. A magical device that changes AC into AC. I believe it's called a: transformer!  :-)

Any reason you wouldn't use one?  Are you trying to change the frequency of the AC?

The reason is stability. I must have a very stable 230V 50Hz pure sinewave on the output (like a wall outlet). In the input side I will have for sure variations on motor speed  that will change the frequency...

Posted on: January 28, 2016, 07:55:04 07:55 - Automerged

There are two key areas in your project.
1. Rectifying the AC voltage of the alternator such that the DC is filtered and capable of driving the inverter.
2. The inverter itself should be stable and reliable.
Are you going to build pure sine wave inverter from scratch or use an existing inverter board?

On my first approach I was thinking in build it from scratch, but if I can find a reliable OEM ready made inverter.... I don't want to invent the wheel  Wink

I think the industry is going in that direction (AC Inverter) concerning generators in opposite I the standard ones.
Qiaozhi

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 0

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 09:18:48 09:18 »

The reason is stability. I must have a very stable 230V 50Hz pure sinewave on the output (like a wall outlet). In the input side I will have for sure variations on motor speed  that will change the frequency...

Posted on: January 28, 2016, 07:55:04 07:55 - Automerged

On my first approach I was thinking in build it from scratch, but if I can find a reliable OEM ready made inverter.... I don't want to invent the wheel  Wink

I think the industry is going in that direction (AC Inverter) concerning generators in opposite I the standard ones.

That's why I suggested using a readily available (off-the-shelf) sine wave inverter, with a battery at the input to smooth out any fluctuations at the input. There would also be no concerns about frequency fluctuations. The only part you need to design would be the charger that goes between the alternator and the battery, and that could be very simple, depending on the type of battery.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...