Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:28:08 03:28

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mikrobasic2.2 ROM size limitation  (Read 6787 times)
Faros

Thank You
-Given: 141
-Receive: 178

« on: December 09, 2005, 05:13:58 05:13 »

Hi every one

First, I would like to thank Rego for the good work in not only supervising this wonderful forum but also for being very supportive on every level (even morally!!).

I would also like to thank both POSEK GROUP and METAL for their dedication and we appreciate effort and time consumed in introducing those products.

I have used Mikrobasic 2.2 cracked by POSEK GROUP in a project that control 2 AC motors with limit sensors...
It was first developed using PIC F628A and worked fine and when I needed more ROM space I had modified the program to work with F877A and it worked file as well... BUT when the ROM space used exceeded over 2048 which is the demo limit for Mikrobasic ver2.2 Program compiled O.K. but the debugger didn’t work and reported:

- Program counter stopped at 0000 while time progressed

- Some times the Mikrobasic reported windows “Access violation at address xxxx error …”

- Other times Mikrobasic reported “error(1) nop” after executing 3 instructions.

And if you remove ANY code of the program that will allow it to go under the demo limit, it will debug and also work fine  ...” I think it is not a code related problem”

I am using windows XP professional SP2

In case someone interested, I have attached the BASIC project file...

Thank you in advance for cooperation ….
metal
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 862
-Receive: 678

Top Topic Starter

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 08:25:21 20:25 »

Hello

Bad luck you got my friend, but I tested the cracked Mikrobasic of POSEK group on real hardware recently, and the it doesn't work, even if the code is smaller than 1048 byte, which means failed to crack it, all what POSEK asked for is "thanks"....

Any way, try to use Proton, or PICBasic Pro.....
Faros

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 03:25:36 03:25 »

Hello METAL

Thank you for replying  

When POSEK GROUP asked for a “thank you” … they were right … they EARN it for the time and effort … they did their part removing the DEMO restriction and get successful compilation so they deserve it… but her comes our part trying a real code and report back about more UNSEEN restrictions that may still be found …they can’t fully test all the list of products they crack … and still an excellent work done.

I have tested the program in my previous thread under the critical size 2061... First by Proteus and then in a real circuit and it signaled the LED’s all right… so it worked a little beyond the Demo barrier “PAGE SIZE 2048” .. The number 2061 means that they have a second trap to stand against cracking… and that will only be detected using a real code...

And about your nonworking program, Check your 1048 byte code … I don’t think the reason is the crack … check the MCU configuration sitting which Mikrobasic but under “Edit Project” Menu…

I have switched to Proton … I will test both versions posted and I will report back about the unseen ( if any ) …

Thank you,
Faros

Thank You

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 06:15:01 06:15 »

I forgot to comment about the “bad luck” phrase in your replay...

I think I am very lucky having your prompt reply to my post …And I think I am lucky being a member in this forum...I am lucky because it is by far THE BEST ELECTRONIC FORUM AROUND THE WEB … why?
- BEST ART DESIGN: “personal opinion”… proved with the talented introductory Flash entry along with the interior design
- BEST FACILITIES: pages are very informative with easy navigation options from task to another
- BEST CATEGORIZED: electronics {tools; languages  ...etc} … you don’t miss your way around.
- BEST SUPERVISED: Rego is like a maestro having it tuned with all members’ contradictories    
- BEST MEMBERS: a lot of experienced members are active and supportive, that raises the standards of the dissections while they still helping beginners.
- BEST SCOPE: The subjects under dissections are versatile and cover most of electronics’ tasks… other are limited … even Microchip support forum.
- BEST RESOURCES:  no need to comment on that.      
- EDUCATIONAL AS WELL: you rarely find interest in books in anther forum around.

However, the only negative aspect is when some members have an easy BIG “I NEED” and hard, fainted “thank you” …  

Anyhow I wondered how 2 members voted an opinion of “just cool” while it was lonesomeness experience during server down time.

About my project, it is good experience to have your program written twice in different environments …looking at the bright side of it ….

Thank you... Smiley  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley
metal
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 862
-Receive: 678

Top Topic Starter

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 10:15:54 22:15 »

Hello

I have already compiled your code with Mikrobasic, but did not use POSEK crack in deed, I did use another way around, and seems to work fine with me, mikrobasic didn't not issue any linker or demo errors with 2167 Bytes of ROM and & 31 Byte of RAM, also the debugger worked fine without any exceptions, I tried the compiled code with PIC Simulator IDE, and the results were encouraging. Your code is nice in deed, I would ask you to post the schematics now Cheesy

BTW, the rar file contains the HEX file, and other necessary project files, my results may seem a bit different than yours, I compiled the code you have posted without any changes, I don't know if the images you posted for mikrobasic are exactly for the same code you posted on the forum.

Good Luck
jeanninemtv

Thank You
-Given: 57
-Receive: 25

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 10:32:24 22:32 »

i've compiled the file and i have no problems... no error reports from mikrobasic....
jeanninemtv

Thank You
-Given: 57
-Receive: 25

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 10:33:51 22:33 »

and i used the posek 2.2 crack.

one question... for use the ethernet commands with 877, do you have the ethernet interface schematic?  how much is the chip?
Faros

Thank You

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 06:17:52 06:17 »

Hi Metal, jeanninemtv

I do value your time spent reading, thinking, downloading, compiling and debugging my code. I would NOT post an image for a different code!!! … I do respect your effort as I do respect other member’s effort as well ….   And I believe sending such misleading post is DISHONEST act …. I never do such a thing.

Back to the program ....to cut it short …. I will try different installation on a different machine …

Here is what is unbelievable …

I am very classic when it comes to code writing … I draw flowcharts before issuing  any line of code so it was easy switching to proton+ … ( taking your advise)
As you may have noticed... I have used almost standard BASIC commands in the first program written with Mikrobasic … then; I have used the advanced IDE editor of proton+ to substituting equivalent commands and making minor modifications to have an error free compilation … and the result was ….

AN ALMOST HAVE SIZED CODE … “see attachment “ and even less no of variables.

Of course when I simulated it … there were some bugs to be done with but it will not change the size dramatically.

Along with a lot of advantage that proton+ has over the Mikrobasic, (I will write them in a comparison table covering every aspect) … a half sized code means that “there was no need to switch to more expensive f877A from the very beginning”. This is proton’s   Knock out.

About the schematics, I have a working version under proteus but you have mentioned in early posts that you don’t use it. Put I have attached it any way.

This is not an electronic schematic rather than a logic one for simulation purpose. I will post the fully working schematics as I get it done.

When you run it under proteus you have to point to your .HEX generated file in the component preference editor …
First time it will make a long tone… press setup then the motor will start calibrating … you have to press the end of motion sensors yourself …. This will perform the calibration routine after which it will perform according to EPROM saved values.

Thank you all …
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...