The Godfather talking
Share your stuff or I will make you regret it.
Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:12:02 14:12

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Milling Machine Design Request  (Read 33708 times)
glitch_inc

Thank You
-Given: 14
-Receive: 8

« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2010, 02:58:01 14:58 »

I apologize to anyone who might of been infected by the site that I posted the other day. It is a site that I visit frequently and can not explain what happened. The content on the site is for real. I will try and message the site admin and see if they know what happened.
glitch_inc

Thank You
-Given: 14
-Receive: 8

« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2010, 04:46:44 16:46 »

Here is the reply I received from the site admin

Thanks, I didn't know about the registration errors.  The redirection has been fixed as of yesterday.  My webhost and two other major webhosts got hit with a Trojan on the 23rd, tens of thousands of websites messed up and unfortunately mine was one of them.  The redirection sent people to a website in India that simulated a virus scan that said their computer had a virus and it didn't.  But my understanding is if a user would have excepted the .exe that the website tried to download to do a scan, it did have a virus.  The whole scam was to sell a software they infected peoples computer with......scum of the earth as far as I'm concerned.

Phil

Once again sorry about any troubles I may of caused
Wizpic
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 538
-Receive: 408

« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2010, 06:32:12 18:32 »

After carrying out some investigation it was not glitch_inc's fault
This is a new working link
http://www.pminmo.com/
I have checked it on 3 computers and it does not re-direct you to any other sites

wizpic

When you think, "I can't do anymore. I need a break," that is the time to challenge yourself to keep going another five minutes. Those who persevere for even an extra five minutes will win in life..
davorin

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 5

« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2011, 09:41:20 09:41 »

Is anyone in possession or has seen this milling machine from Hungary as mentioned in the beginning of this thread?

http://www.cnc1.eu/en/kompas-h-300

Or can anyone recommend some milling kit with all mechanical parts (including steppers) well below 1000 Euros?

oldvan

Thank You
-Given: 154
-Receive: 107

If the van is a Rockin'...

« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2011, 12:36:46 12:36 »

davorin:  The Kompas H-300 KIT looks to be of good quality.  Your question comes up almost daily over on
CNC Zone, you might want to ask there.

I'm now building a similar beast, mine is fashioned from things I had on hand as much as possible, so is a bit of a
Frankenstein's Monster.  A kit would sure have made life easier, but I'm having a good time making chips with my
mill and lathe.

My router will have a work envelope of 14" by 14" by 5".  I decided to go with the Gecko G540 controller.  I am
using 4 stepper motors I scrounged from old copy machines until I can raise some $$ for decent motors.  I got a
bargain on ball screws on eBay, so the X and Y axis are zero backlash ball screws.  I'm in hopes my router will be
making chips before February gets here.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he will sit around in a boat drinking beer all day.
davorin

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 5

« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2011, 08:40:26 08:40 »

Just for one question I won't subscribe to another forum (o; In the end I wold have to remember hundreds of logins (o;

Anyway....found by accident this website from a swiss company:

http://www.petitecnc.com/

But I guess I start making my own mechanical parts list first and compare the prices in the end...
Luckily there is a company nearby named Igus which do linear guides used in CNC machines....

oldvan

Thank You
-Given: 154
-Receive: 107

If the van is a Rockin'...

« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2011, 12:08:42 12:08 »

Just for one question I won't subscribe to another forum (o; In the end I wold have to remember hundreds of logins (o;

I recommend CNC Zone because it is a free site dedicated to CNC with over 170,000 members from all over the world.  Thousands of them have done and currently doing exactly what you wish to do.  You have two questions now, but may have many more questions as you build, tune, and use the machine. 

If you are having trouble keeping track of logins and passwords, here is an open-source program that will remember them for you:  KeePass Password Safe

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he will sit around in a boat drinking beer all day.
Parmin

Thank You
-Given: 494
-Receive: 133

Very Wise (and grouchy) Old Man

« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2011, 10:33:18 22:33 »

oldvan, you have a very apt cartoon..

I also wonder what happened to ahmed for he has not posted here for a while.
Has his machine done?

If I have said something that offends you, please let me know, so I can say it again later.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...