Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:26:11 23:26

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: VEGATEST (MEDICAL DIAGNOSTIC DEVICE) PROJECT?  (Read 3965 times)
mago-anthony

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 9

« on: February 14, 2008, 09:29:12 21:29 »

Hi friends,

i am very interested about a VEGATEST machine project. If someone know where to find a schematic of a prototipe of this machine i am very grateful. I think that this test can help many of us that soffer of allergy and food intolerances. Unfortunately the great problem is to obtain samples of allergens. Huh
Could be interesting to get experience with a very simple device like this http://www.tokranmed.ru/en/acutest-1.html and develop a microcontrolled machine with the USB interface. Can anyone help me where to find documentation and expecialy where can i buy the samples of allergens?

Best Regards
omni

Thank You
-Given: 169
-Receive: 176

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 11:33:30 23:33 »

Looks like to me all they are doing is testing skin resistance, possibly on some acupuncture/pressure point(s) on the human body. A "patient" would hold one of those cylindrical tubes in one hand, while the probe would be used to touch a sensitive point on another hand or a finger.

Actually I've seen a similar machine that was testing for allergies and was hooked up to a computer. My guess is it was a skin resistance amplifier and an A/D. The practitioner kept sampling the same point on one of the fingers of the "patient" over an over again while changing some other setting on the computer screen and getting a visual indication (of resistance/voltage) translated to some other mumbo-jumbo about allergies to one thing or another.

I think it all boils down to finding about responses of the body relating to the allergens or whether there are different acu-points that can be used for different allergens and how they behave when excited by mild electrical current.
mago-anthony

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 10:29:01 22:29 »

I think is more than a skin resistance meter, better an impedance meter to analyze the elettrical responce of human body  to a specific allergen.
There are two questions for me without answers:
1)What about the specifics of allergens?
2)Where can i buy they?

Huh
fagari

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 41

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 06:15:24 18:15 »

You can use parallax propeller chip for this project.

This Chip very powerful for video generation.

Look more information :

http://www.parallax.com/tabid/254/Default.aspx
mago-anthony

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 06:09:54 18:09 »

Thanks for the informations,

but the microntroller isn't for me the principal trouble, i can use any microcontroller with usb support, but is important where i can buy the ampoules test that are the most important components of the test. I have done a little google search and i have discovered some interesting links:

1) A dimostration of use of a commercial usb device that can be bought at a price of 300€ (without the software that is also with payment credits):
    http://www.biopulse.org/

2) An italian manual of this interesting test with the device and the ampoules test made buy the O.T.I. industries not so far by me 60 KM!!
    http://www.dodotronic.com/files/metodo%20VIAL%20TEST.pdf

Now i am asking for the price of these ampoules test!  Shocked
omni

Thank You
-Given: 169
-Receive: 176

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 04:34:04 04:34 »

That biopulse.org is similar to what I was referring to. What you lack is the statistical data to interpret the results because you don't have a frame of reference like they do in their commercial product.
Caveat is that their findings might be totally wrong and by basing your system on someone else's wrong findings will only result in wrong results for you too Smiley

Furthermore, in the video it does not appear they are really trying to pin-point the acupuncture point, or they are such experts that they nail it down each time on the first try. As far as I'm aware there are electronic devices such as this one http://www.lhasaoms.com/electro_therapy_devices-44-875-page.html that detect the acupuncture points and deliver "treatment". Perhaps you want to think on those lines and combine the detection with the delivery in your related project?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...