Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:43:07 17:43

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Information needed of vintage Germanium transistors DELCO 801523 and 801522  (Read 701 times)
jumulab

Thank You
-Given: 91
-Receive: 74

« on: January 21, 2024, 03:50:41 15:50 »

Greetings!! ,
a little help is needed from the friends of the forum, does anyone have information about these transistors?.
Are germanium items from the year 1974/75   supposed used in car radios.  I have tested in a transistor checker
and are PNP and NPN units, but lack any other info. Any has more info about this . Thank´s in advance.
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 826
-Receive: 4207

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2024, 12:51:28 00:51 »

Also used in power supply and amplifiers.
very poor reliability record, most forums are about replacing them with silicon devices.
also have a history of being faked, for the vintage repair of equipment of high value.   

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
jumulab

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2024, 10:54:25 10:54 »

h! pickit2, thank´s for your comments, about the transistors, I suppose  any good Si actual power transistors
are suitable for the replacement.
Yes, I suppose there must be counterfeits in order to carry out repairs on old equipment. These transistors that I have acquired come from old stocks from a technical service in GB, I`m surethey are original.That's why I'm interested in getting some kind of information.

pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 826
-Receive: 4207

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 11:23:15 11:23 »

have a look at this, https://ep-forum.com/smf/index.php?topic=9530.0
you might be better putting them on E-Bay.

I worked for Thorn EMI and we had Delco Transistors in some of our equipment, from the 1990's we used to upgrade some kit. with a transistor & resistor plus To3 mounting kit.
It was done as part of the service call, some engineers used to have the complete pcb as a replacement as they where crap at soldiering.
If I remember right if your voltage at a point on the pcb read 0.3volt you done the upgrade.

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 230
-Receive: 961

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2024, 12:02:36 12:02 »

As I understand this is not a repair job. IT is more that you came by some new old stock of transistors right? Those  could have some value if you can test them and ensure they are in working order. take a look at these listings at Ebay
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2499334.m570.l1313&_nkw=delco+transistors&_sacat=4666
Other than selling those. I would not bother using them in designs at all.
@Pickit2 0.3 volt sounds very like the typical forward voltage for the base emitter diode in a Ge transistor. But The forward-voltage which can measure anywhere from .1V to .3V. Ge transistors are know to have a wide spread in characteristics data

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
jumulab

Thank You

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2024, 12:27:58 12:27 »

hi ! S.Bob , as you comment , you are rigth, these devices are no planned to use in new designs, I have accesed to them and look for their specs. I will see in ebay , perhaps somebody will use more  conveniently the transistors.  I have checked basically the devices and seems OK.
Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 230
-Receive: 961

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2024, 03:50:29 15:50 »

Delco Electronics was a division of General Motors at that time. So yes it is very plausible that those transistors were used in automotive equipment. Like car radios.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...