The Godfather talking
You may crack software. How about me?
Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:17:51 06:17

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How to remove this "thingy"  (Read 3848 times)
Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 230
-Receive: 959

« on: November 03, 2022, 12:25:47 12:25 »

The picture is from the rear of my electric cooker. It shows the inside heating elements connection. I need to take them out in order to wash the inside properly. One of the elements is locked secured with a circular locking mechanism(screw inside for both). So I just wonder what I do to take it off and put back without any damage

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
UncleBog

Thank You
-Given: 165
-Receive: 170

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 01:15:51 13:15 »

Not designed for servicing. You can bend a few of the star-lock washer teeth up with a small screwdriver to relieve the grip and then remove. The washer can normally be reused by bending the teeth down again, but best to order some spares beforehand.
Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 230
-Receive: 959

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 01:34:25 13:34 »

Not designed for servicing. You can bend a few of the star-lock washer teeth up with a small screwdriver to relieve the grip and then remove. The washer can normally be reused by bending the teeth down again, but best to order some spares beforehand.
Thank you for your answer. Not sure were I can get some spares of that thing. Do know what it is named? Unfortunately for me, I think/know all old time hardware dealers around me are long gone. Nowadays every thing is prepacked. And the stores is filled by youths. They are polite but know nothing. No more people that know what they are doing. And if they did not have it. They for sure could call up another store that had it. But I i digress Wink 

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
sphinx

Thank You
-Given: 604
-Receive: 260

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 02:32:12 14:32 »

ah those buggers clips like if i remember right those are spring hardened  each pin need to be bent outwards a bit on each and go around until it loosens
i have seen those in old big reel tape machine  but i cant exactly remember where i have seen those at other places too
like holding a wheel on a childs wagon

to reuse them just press them back down if i remember right those i have delt with woe pretty sturdy

laws of physics are not laws at all, just assumptions and formulas that work as long as we don't figure something new that wrecks the calculations. the infinite onion try to peel that one
UncleBog

Thank You
-Given: 165
-Receive: 170

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 03:16:55 15:16 »

google star-lock washer, you'll need the diameter of the shaft that it fits on to. If you're careful you probably won't need a spare.
sphinx

Thank You
-Given: 604
-Receive: 260

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2022, 04:17:16 16:17 »

did you succeed in removing the "star-washer" or did you have to get a new one? i ws just curiosu about it.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 04:22:47 16:22 by sphinx » Logged

laws of physics are not laws at all, just assumptions and formulas that work as long as we don't figure something new that wrecks the calculations. the infinite onion try to peel that one
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...