Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:20:03 11:20

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Covid Lockdown project  (Read 2601 times)
Jagi

Thank You
-Given: 26
-Receive: 12

« on: February 27, 2021, 03:04:51 15:04 »

Howdy,

Here is one of my Covid lockdown project that has finally taken some good shape (with the lockdown restrictions easing). If there is enough interest in the project then I can look into either open sourcing the HW and SW (will need sometime since the code and schematics need to be polished) or maybe even provide it as a kit with all the components, PCB, mounting hardware and enclosure. But for a kit we need to have sufficient participants, otherwise the cost of procuring the PCB, electronics and getting the enclosure becomes quiet high. I'm currently in Mumbai, India; so getting the parts in quantity is not an issue; as I can talk to our existing corporate supplier.

I have uploaded a small video and you can have a look at https://youtu.be/by70zM1xGOY

Let me know your thoughts, comments and anything constructive is always be appreciated. Thanks.
bobcat1

Thank You
-Given: 4135
-Receive: 89

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 08:54:47 08:54 »

Can't find any commercial use for this type of project as there are many similar device you can buy at low cost

in Aliexpress or Ebay , but whether you can open source this project many less experience engineers can learn from it and you can get the credit.

All the best

Bobi
Jagi

Thank You
-Given: 26
-Receive: 12

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 01:38:15 13:38 »

There is no commercial angle to the project. It was just a COVID lockdown project (to keep the idle mind busy). Cheesy Since I spent a considerable time and effort (to build the HW, firmware and the Android App), the idea was to provide something to the average electronics enthusiast so that they can assemble, build and be proud of their of their achievement. That is why I have used THT components (except for some SMD stuff).

The hardware part is easy to opensource, but the software is not easy to opensource, because I am using an RTOS for which royalty needs to be paid (which the Chinese model's definitely don't use, they just use a while(1){;} or for{;;} something in those lines). Also if you have observed, the local Chinese products don't last long (unless built by a reputed company). I had brought one of those small LED matrix 1/2" display units from Banggood. The thing worked for about 6 months and then the LED's started to fail one after another until I had a load of failed LED's and the display was unusable.

Appreciate your insight and thought.
M@X77

Thank You
-Given: 46
-Receive: 6

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 11:17:02 11:17 »

in the past i done a similar project, just to wish merry christmas, words were stored in 12c eprom and I used to drive leds 2 max6953 it was 8 7x5 displays  from kingbright, the project ended up in the cellar with others unutilized projects, really i think this type of project is useful to lear how to multiplex led wroks and how to drive them, or brightness control, etc, are beautiful ornaments
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...