Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:08:00 10:08

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Needed: Spice model of a vacuum tube (must include filament action)  (Read 3470 times)
PM3295

Thank You
-Given: 337
-Receive: 131

« on: November 18, 2020, 06:02:13 18:02 »

People,

I am looking for a spice model of a vacuum tube where the anode current will also react to the applied filament/heater current. The specific tube model is not really that important, as long as I can get between 4-15mA of anode current and handle up to 700 V max of anode voltage.

I want to design a jig to test the emission's regulator power supply used in some mass spectrometers.

They vary the ion source emissions by sensing and controlling the filament current. All the spice tube models I found so far, ignores the heater in the model.
I think it is possible to use a cheap vacuum tube when testing these regulators, without risking damage to the expensive ion source tube.

Before I start building the design, I would like to simulate it first.

Any help or ideas appreciated.
optikon
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 1092
-Receive: 1999

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 07:56:20 19:56 »

People,

I am looking for a spice model of a vacuum tube where the anode current will also react to the applied filament/heater current. The specific tube model is not really that important, as long as I can get between 4-15mA of anode current and handle up to 700 V max of anode voltage.

I want to design a jig to test the emission's regulator power supply used in some mass spectrometers.

They vary the ion source emissions by sensing and controlling the filament current. All the spice tube models I found so far, ignores the heater in the model.
I think it is possible to use a cheap vacuum tube when testing these regulators, without risking damage to the expensive ion source tube.

Before I start building the design, I would like to simulate it first.

Any help or ideas appreciated.

Can a high voltage transistor not be used?

I am kind of doubtful you will find a full tube model with heater dynamics.. if you must use a tube, you may have to just model the effects yourself if they are relevant.

I do not quite understand your application.

I can explain this to you. I can't comprehend it for you.
PM3295

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 08:28:12 20:28 »

optikon,

I would like to use a tube model if possible. I will make up a macro if I can't find a model. I have seen some mentioning on old tube forums of spice models, including heaters, but none of the links work anymore.

pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 823
-Receive: 4194

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 12:39:39 00:39 »

links are working - models may not, but text says heaters are used in the models.

http://tdsl.duncanamps.com/dcigna/tubes/spice/

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
PM3295

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 01:50:16 01:50 »

pickit2,

Thanks for the link. It appears that the heater is a separate model if I read it correctly. Any idea how one would install this complete model so that it uses the data in the tube model?

TucoRamirez

Thank You
-Given: 257
-Receive: 115

Tuco ... dead or Alive

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 07:46:51 07:46 »

for example, on ltspice IV  you can invoke them just attaching a spice textblock that includes the lib file path (you can put it on the same folder of your design to point it easily)

check this:  https://www.ieee.li/pdf/viewgraphs/ltspice_importing_third_party_models.pdf

Whoever double crosses me and leaves me alive... he understands nothing about Tuco.
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 655
-Receive: 900

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 01:29:29 13:29 »

This looks pretty good: http://www.normankoren.com/Audio/Tubemodspice_article.html

Heater model: http://tdsl.duncanamps.com/dcigna/tubes/spice/heater.inc
sadman

Thank You
-Given: 1738
-Receive: 2589

Sow The Seeds of Love

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 03:58:15 15:58 »

have you ever heard that a complete spice simulation model pack available for Proteus if you interested I will share
PM3295

Thank You

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2020, 04:27:38 04:27 »

have you ever heard that a complete spice simulation model pack available for Proteus if you interested I will share

Yes, I am definitely interested!
sadman

Thank You

Sow The Seeds of Love

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2020, 10:18:33 10:18 »

Yes, I am definitely interested!

As all these models are created with Proteus 6.6, so they work properly in new version you have to recompile to do this first you have to import the design file under legacy import option.
To view the associated model from design menu then Goto Sheet option, to recompile use tool menu and model compiler hope this will help.

sadman
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 655
-Receive: 900

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 12:41:22 12:41 »

Is there an export option in Proteus to non-Proteus platforms like PSPICE, SPICE, or LTSPICE? For those of us who don't use Proteus?
sadman

Thank You

Sow The Seeds of Love

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2020, 02:16:39 14:16 »

Is there an export option in Proteus to non-Proteus platforms like PSPICE, SPICE, or LTSPICE? For those of us who don't use Proteus?

Proteus models are based on spice3f5 if I am not mistaken you can export model netlist by accessing the child sheet of model and then import that netlist for conversion for an idea look at this web page

https://techdocs.altium.com/display/AMSE/Linking+a+Simulation+Model+to+a+Schematic+Component

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...