Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:03:03 14:03

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How I use 'the Dot Factory' software to print any font to 128x64 graphic lcd  (Read 2637 times)
cycler

Thank You
-Given: 51
-Receive: 40

« on: February 29, 2020, 04:44:53 16:44 »

Hello again.

Another post regarding 128x64 graphic LCDs.
I've used them a lot because they where easy to find and have decent printing space for most needs. I have not used any bigger screens or higher resolution ones. My next step will probably be TFT technology screens as they are really cheap these days but the right project has not yet shown up.

I used the nice generator The Dot Factory to make the pixmaps of some fonts I needed to print to an LCD. Then I have made a function to just print anywhere my strings of text.
The said tool can be found here:
http://www.eran.io/the-dot-factory-an-lcd-font-and-image-generator/

You can find in the attachment the necessary files to run an example. Modify and use as you see fit, just give a little feedback if you can. You can make your own pixmaps with The Dot Factory, copy-paste the data to my functions and start printing. Easy as one, two, three. The settings you need for the TDF tool, are described in the file font_dot_V2.c.

The glcd_text_dot () function that you will find in the file font_dot_V2.c has capability for two different pixmap set. So it covers most needs. The pixmaps do not need to be full sets, you can use only the characters you need in order to save bytes of program memory.

You need CCS C compiler to built it.

I hope you like it,
Have fun,

Theodore
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 04:49:47 16:49 by cycler » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...