Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 06, 2020, 10:17:11 10:17

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Format disk message while insert sd card or pendrive  (Read 2043 times)
kumar

Thank You
-Given: 12
-Receive: 66

« on: January 09, 2020, 07:59:28 07:59 »

A customer brougt a sd card with some file inside used for pixel led program and ask to copy the content,
unfortunately it shows "format disk" warning.using some recovery tool i get back the file.
the person who provide the sd card,purposely made it to not copy the content by normal user.
please provide more information how to do things like this.
sorry for my bad English.
sadman

Thank You
-Given: 1273
-Receive: 1582

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 11:25:29 23:25 »

A customer brougt a sd card with some file inside used for pixel led program and ask to copy the content,
unfortunately it shows "format disk" warning.using some recovery tool i get back the file.
the person who provide the sd card,purposely made it to not copy the content by normal user.
sorry for my bad English.

the SD card partition converted to raw that why you will get message format it used EaseUS data recovery software to recover the raw partition or used R-Studio once the raw partition successfully recovered used SD card format tool to restore the SD card to it original condition kindly note that to format SD card always used SD card format tool.

sadman
kumar

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 12:38:43 00:38 »

the SD card partition converted to raw that why you will get message format it used EaseUS data recovery software to recover the raw partition or used R-Studio once the raw partition successfully recovered used SD card format tool to restore the SD card to it original condition kindly note that to format SD card always used SD card format tool.

sadman

The card itself on raw state, work flawlessly in the dedicated controller,
But copying is prohibited by issuing warning message"format disk". Can we introduce
this fault message intentionally.this is my doubt  Mr.Sadman
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 12:41:42 00:41 by kumar » Logged
sadman

Thank You

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 02:51:12 02:51 »

look like SD card was protected or encrypt with dedicated SD card protection software these kind of software convert the SD card into raw and can only be decrypt in the same software which use to encrypt the SD card here is link how to read protected data from SD card you can also give a try to RMPrepUSB it is free piece of cake that can copy file from raw partition.

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/move-copy-file-writeprotected-73578.html

you can find information about dedicate SD card protection software here

http://www.esecurity4all.com/protected_usb_burner/microsdcard_protection.html

sadman
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 02:59:58 02:59 by sadman » Logged
kumar

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 03:43:25 03:43 »

as per your quote,by searching the website they suggest a unique dedicated sd card purchased from them to protect the content.but in my case any type of card or pendrive can be done by that guy.
and if a file is encrypted,and forced the card to RAW mode,Did the  dedicated system read the content as it is what they want to perform the task?
sadman

Thank You

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 04:41:09 04:41 »

as per your quote,by searching the website they suggest a unique dedicated sd card purchased from them to protect the content.but in my case any type of card or pendrive can be done by that guy.
and if a file is encrypted,and forced the card to RAW mode,Did the  dedicated system read the content as it is what they want to perform the task?

as for as I know there is no dedicated SD card from any manufacturer which can encrypt data when copy to it only software are available which can do that task link share in above post I have such software for USB memory disk or pendrive.
kumar

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 04:55:39 04:55 »

Thanks for your reply.and pl confirm if any sdcard or pendrive  that they are encrypted and convert to RAW format can be read from the dedicated device except PC?.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 07:49:24 07:49 by kumar » Logged
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 733
-Receive: 2881

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 11:05:06 11:05 »

we used to supply a update on a floppy. the code used for the update was in a dos file it was hidden as the file was only one byte. as protection the update software deleted the file. mind you that was 30years ago.

Note: Season & New Year Give Away. 3 year Holiday for Zero Posting
kumar

Thank You

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 11:17:00 11:17 »

New info. thanks for sharing.
By extensive search on google,i got an information that
If the file allocation table is corrupted,then the card goes to
RAW mode,which causes windows cannot recognize the file system for
operating the card and issue warning "format disk" message.with this lead i have to carry out some work and informing
 the result.once again thank you.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 11:31:10 11:31 by kumar » Logged
Hrdwr_Adct

Thank You
-Given: 309
-Receive: 139

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2020, 09:30:40 21:30 »

Way back in the days of the dinosaur, the 5.25 floppy controller would read the bootblock to find things like single density or double? single sided or double, number of tracks and stuff like that so it understood what it was reading and writing to.  One read location told the controller how many heads to use for that media.  It was always set to 2.  But two is only one bit in binary and if that bit was every reset for any reason, the floppy controller would read a zero and then have a meltdown.

We'd brick our floppies as copy protection and then give them to others to see if they could figure it out. Lips sealed    They rarely did.

"For the earth is only an atom in the universe of worlds." - Edgar Cayce
sadman

Thank You

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2020, 11:28:23 23:28 »

New info. thanks for sharing.
By extensive search on google,i got an information that
If the file allocation table is corrupted,then the card goes to
RAW mode,which causes windows cannot recognize the file system for
operating the card and issue warning "format disk" message.with this lead i have to carry out some work and informing
 the result.once again thank you.

Fake SD card can also be converted to RAW partition there is a tool on RMprepUSB web called fake test which will test both USB memory stick and SD card

https://www.rmprepusb.com/tutorials/-fake-usb-flash-memory-drives
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 01:58:21 01:58 by sadman » Logged
bigtoy

Thank You
-Given: 234
-Receive: 284

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 10:39:25 10:39 »

RMprepUSB web

That's an interesting site.
jenifa

Thank You
-Receive: 1

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2020, 12:17:31 12:17 »

NOTE:  Make SURE your memory device is plugged directly into a USB port on the PC.

1. Click Cancel.
2. Click on the Start Button/Logo.
3. Click on My Computer/Computer.
4. Click on the drive letter that was listed in the message.

- If you can see and access your files, make a backup by copying your files to your PC, format the drive and recopy your files back to the drive.
- If you see the same message after clicking on the drive in My Computer, it is possible the card reader is NOT functioning properly. Try using a different USB port on the PC or a different card reader. If there is NO message after using a different reader, the first reader is the cause of the error.

- If the message still persists it is recommended that you try data recovery to see if it's possible to recover the files on the drive.
RescuePro Data Recovery  Download
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 733
-Receive: 2881

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 05:19:10 05:19 »

NOTE:  Make SURE your memory device is plugged directly into a USB port on the PC.

1. Click Cancel.
2. Click on the Start Button/Logo.
3. Click on My Computer/Computer.
4. Click on the drive letter that was listed in the message.

- If you can see and access your files, make a backup by copying your files to your PC, format the drive and recopy your files back to the drive.
- If you see the same message after clicking on the drive in My Computer, it is possible the card reader is NOT functioning properly. Try using a different USB port on the PC or a different card reader. If there is NO message after using a different reader, the first reader is the cause of the error.

- If the message still persists it is recommended that you try data recovery to see if it's possible to recover the files on the drive.
RescuePro Data Recovery  Download

You are falling into the trap...
you see a device that is reporting an error...
there is no error - it is hidden content.
by using data recovery, or formatting the media you are removing the hidden data.
so job done.

Note: Season & New Year Give Away. 3 year Holiday for Zero Posting
Ahmad_k
SCG Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 157
-Receive: 1172

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 08:12:32 08:12 »

The easiest way to use a SDCARD with a microcontroller project (Pixel Led as you said) is to keep it on RAW mode and not formatting it in FAT or ... that's why your pc is not recognizing it, and also it prevent people from cloning its content

With Raw mode you don't need allocation table, the SDCARD is treated like a normal SPI memory. You only need to dump your SDCARD, open the hex file in hex editor and check the correct size of data.
kumar

Thank You

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2020, 09:12:24 09:12 »

The easiest way to use a SDCARD with a microcontroller project (Pixel Led as you said) is to keep it on RAW mode and not formatting it in FAT or ... that's why your pc is not recognizing it, and also it prevent people from cloning its content

With Raw mode you don't need allocation table, the SDCARD is treated like a normal SPI memory. You only need to dump your SDCARD, open the hex file in hex editor and check the correct size of data.

is it possible to load content in a RAW format and does the standalone system accept such format?
the catalog clearly specified that the fat format card should be used.

Posted on: January 16, 2020, 09:17:10 09:17 - Automerged

when i tried to recover the indended file using "get back data for fat32" recovery software, I saw some strange things about the properties of the recovered folder.it contains 187 folders and  i can't access the folder.when i tried to open, it directed to some windows shell extension DLL signature.
and also the folder attributes are hidden .
some of the folder name were shown as unrecognisable letter.
atlast the required file is hidden in a folder and i recover successfully.
here after i could not find any clues about the warning message "format disk".
can some tech guru in our forum give suggestion for further step please.
sadman

Thank You

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2020, 09:31:36 09:31 »

when i tried to recover the indended file using "get back data for fat32" recovery software, I saw some strange things about the properties of the recovered folder.it contains 187 folders and  i can't access the folder.when i tried to open, it directed to some windows shell extension DLL signature.
and also the folder attributes are hidden .
some of the folder name were shown as unrecognisable letter.
atlast the required file is hidden in a folder and i recover successfully.
here after i could not find any clues about the warning message "format disk".
can some tech guru in our forum give suggestion for further step please.

it is clear and told in previous post that if a partition has no file allocation table or raw, then disk management utility invoke with format message to convert raw partition to a suitable file system FAT32 NTFS or XFAT

sadman

token0

Thank You
-Given: 33
-Receive: 47

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2020, 05:25:33 17:25 »

I would copy it under linux with use of two SD readers with same size SD cards and dd command

just for example:

Code:
sudo dd if=/path-to-your-old-sd-card bs=512 count=put-here-number-of-blocks conv=sync,noerror | sudo dd of=/path-to-your-new-sd-card

sudo command means you execute command with root privileges
dd command copies data
dd command manual you can read here https://man.openbsd.org/dd

Path to SD card could be like /dev/sdc or /dev/mmcblk2 — you should know it BEFORE trying to copy! Be very careful not to erase your system drive Wink
Also to use dd command your SD cards should be unmounted!

Or you can use dd command to make image file of your SD card and then use that image file to write to another SD card.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 05:28:22 17:28 by token0 » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...